Author Topic: Carlbrook-CEDU connection?  (Read 20656 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Carlbrook-CEDU connection?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »
why would you waste your time telling kids they're going to fuck up? what a loser.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
Whatever you think in a general way of this or other schools discussed here, why would you ever wish or predict that some person who is trying to do well would fail?

Now that is a pretty good approximation of the meaning of evil.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
yeah well im a graduate from the school and i got arrested for selling morphine and kicked out of school my old high school, then did Carlbrook, and now im going to college. its kind of simple. im sorry this nihl guy is wasting his time bashing something he doesnt know about, but he seems pretty miserable, so thats okay.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
and brainwashing...thats insultingly ignorant

Offline Boomerang

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »
Contrary to popular beliefs on this site, I think that there are some programs out there that are beneficial to some students. I don't think that ALL programs are bad.

I think that isaccorp.org has a great list of horrible programs that should be CLOSED DOWN immediately. Carlbrook is not on that list.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 10:24:00, Boomerang wrote:

"Contrary to popular beliefs on this site, I think that there are some programs out there that are beneficial to some students. I don't think that ALL programs are bad.

I think that isaccorp.org has a great list of horrible programs that should be CLOSED DOWN immediately. Carlbrook is not on that list.  "

It should be and will be in the future.  It's a new program and it takes some time for people to start relating the experience there.  

I personally have heard some horror stories, mostly about their taking kids that have no business being in that environment (ones with pretty serious metal disturbances).

I've also heard about kids without prior psychological evaluation being admitted under a made up diagnosis derived from their intake meeting.

What I see as the biggest problems are no real therapy for kids who definitely need it, inappropriate treatment plans based on contrived diagnoses, lack of professional mental health counselors and staff that came from previously shut down notorious abusive programs.

For the price they charge, the real lack of menatal health care, the substandard academics and the phonied-up admission criteria its a pretty poor facility.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »
http://www.carlbrook.org/home.htm

"Carlbrook serves the needs of bright, underachieving students aged 15 to 18 who have historically challenged convention and questioned authority."

Is there something wrong with challenging convention and questioning authority????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
I graduated from Carlbrook in May 2005. Yes, it had its fair share of negative aspects, but there was no abuse, the therapists were licensed, the academics were better then any public school, every teacher had a masters degree, and the staff cared about you.  Yes, Carlbrook does not work for every kid, but just because it didn't work for some doesn't mean you people need to stereotype the whole program.  If you think you could do a better job helping kids, then do it. It helped me out, and I was a pretty messed up kid.  Anyone who downs it is just plain ignorant. Yes I hated many things there, but it turned my life around.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »
Posted: 2006-01-03 21:39:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 After spending about an hour reading through the thread, I am surprised that I am the only graduate thus far that is displeased with Carlbrook. I have been out for more than a year now and can say that I underwent the typical 6 month euphoria period and then dropped. Since coming out, I have been much more fucked up emotionally. Using the therapeutic terms I've become so well endeared with, I now experience negative thinking and depression much more than I did before- to the point where I am thoroughly anti-social and confused about everything. The issues that were brought up in the Workshops (see LGA) constantly pervade my thoughts. I question myself much more so than I used to and all of my actions. I have become a much more indecisive personality and question my every motive, my every choice. Many people have said you are free to walk away at any time. This is true, but you are also forewarned and constantly threatened with wilderness and much more emotionally distressing programs. Many children are forced to take medication. I refused for a long while and was constantly confronted in group therapy (different than a workshop) about why I was being so unreceptive to something that would help me. The psychologist there will prescribe on the drop of a dime. If you are recommended, no matter what you say, he will state that you are in need of medication. Once you agree to take this medication, if you miss it during the appointed time, you are assigned a one hour work crew. Places like this should not exist. Your friends are turned against you at every turn and the simplest of things are blown up. You turn into the scapegoat for many kids own personal issues and if you disagree, regardless of whether or not you are the one being attacked, you are taking away from the "safety" of others in the group. It's a more realistic version of the group therapy portion of the book "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey. I too was once on the golden float of Carlbrook. I will admit that my life was headed down the wrong path. Well, I've graduated and I still don't know that I'm headed where I want to. Some of the things, I didn't connect with and I was bashed because of it. I will admit that some of the closest friends I've ever had came out of this school. It's a Utopian society that doesn't prepare you at all for life outside of the therapeutic bubble. As with any school, they do play favorites. They manipulate, they play mind games. You're not brainwashed in the sense that, voila, you can't think anymore. You're brainwashed in a way that makes it a struggle to live your life. I'll be posting more later.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
2006-01-04 01:27:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Thank you so much for posting this. I was getting really sick of all the pro-Carlbrook crap from supposed alumni and satisfied parents, which pretty much sounded like it was all coming from the same person.

I'm all for dissent regarding the validity of programs, but the "people" who defended carlbrook all sounded alike, refused to answer or address questions posed to them by other fornits' members, and I felt like I was the designated dupe in a mirrors trick.

Welcome to the "disorientation" phase of deprogramming. i.e. the part where you start to feel really depressed and isolated and try to use the tools you learned at school to help your situation, but sadly, realize that they have lost their "magic" that they seemed to have had within the environment of the campus.

I call it the disorientation phase because this is the point where you go "what the fuck?" As in, "what the fuck happened?" and "what the fuck am I supposed to do now?" and "what the fuck is going on in my head?"

Followed closely by the "why the fuck"s. As in, "why the fuck do I feel so miserable?" and "why the fuck is it so hard for me to make friends and act properly with others?" and "why the fuck do I feel so alone?"

Then you'll get mad, and go through the "who the fuck?"s as in "who the fuck did those people think they were, anyway?" and "who the fuck's idea was it to 'help' teens in this manner?" and "who the fuck is ever going to understand what I went through?"

I went to RMA, part of the CEDU schools. One of your deans, Tim Brace, was the headmaster of my school when I went there. He was a weepy, melodramatic git who talked out of his ass most of the time and had no grasp on reality.

Based on alumni's descriptions of the Carlbrook curriculum, it sounds a lot like a fancy, prep-school version of the CEDU education.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »
Posted: 2006-01-04 05:57:00  
 Very nicely written. I'm sorry that you had to have this awful experience.

I have been saying since this program opened that it would take some time to get a realistic perspective from a former patient because it takes about a year for the reality of what you experienced to settle into your now adult mind.

The experiences you were led to believe would be helpful seemed hurtful, but the developing mind is unable to stave off the constant reeducation of indoctrination. There will be many more stories of abusive, unfair, unethical and nonsensical treatment that young patients were forced to endure at the hands of uneducated hacks, pseudo-psychotherapists, new-age pop psyche counselors, bm dominators and generally unbalanced people who subscribe to the program's methods.

It's unfortunate that people still refer to these RTC's as "schools," as it is abundantly clear that Carlbrook, like its predecessors, is nothing more than a BM warehouse whose primary purpose is conformity, NOT education. While they perpetrate fraud on desperate parents, they abuse the young patients with same methods used by their fellow programs: bait and punish, instill hopelessness, foster dependency, extirpate individuality, forced confessions, forced labor, forced medication, isolation, instilled fear, and no therapy by qualified professionals.

Their use of LGAT seminars on unstable children is appalling. This is an extremely dangerous, demonstrably ineffective and damaging practice.

Once more, I am deeply troubled about your experience at Carlbrook. You may rest assured, however, that the more data and personal accounts that are provided about the abuse heaped on children there bring Carlbrook ever closer to legal reckoning and inevitable closure.

It's going to take some time, but eventually they will be regulated by enforceable laws, stung with personal injury lawsuits and caught committing illegal acts against children in their care, just as nearly every single one of these programs has in the past.

Try to hang in there, get yourself right and, when you can, do what you are able to help future patients avoid the experience you had.

Good luck. Keep in touch.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 06:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"2006-01-04 01:27:00  

Thank you so much for posting this. I was getting really sick of all the pro-Carlbrook crap from supposed alumni and satisfied parents, which pretty much sounded like it was all coming from the same person.

I'm all for dissent regarding the validity of programs, but the "people" who defended carlbrook all sounded alike, refused to answer or address questions posed to them by other fornits' members, and I felt like I was the designated dupe in a mirrors trick.

Welcome to the "disorientation" phase of deprogramming. i.e. the part where you start to feel really depressed and isolated and try to use the tools you learned at school to help your situation, but sadly, realize that they have lost their "magic" that they seemed to have had within the environment of the campus.

I call it the disorientation phase because this is the point where you go "what the fuck?" As in, "what the fuck happened?" and "what the fuck am I supposed to do now?" and "what the fuck is going on in my head?"

Followed closely by the "why the fuck"s. As in, "why the fuck do I feel so miserable?" and "why the fuck is it so hard for me to make friends and act properly with others?" and "why the fuck do I feel so alone?"

Then you'll get mad, and go through the "who the fuck?"s as in "who the fuck did those people think they were, anyway?" and "who the fuck's idea was it to 'help' teens in this manner?" and "who the fuck is ever going to understand what I went through?"

I went to RMA, part of the CEDU schools. One of your deans, Tim Brace, was the headmaster of my school when I went there. He was a weepy, melodramatic git who talked out of his ass most of the time and had no grasp on reality.

Based on alumni's descriptions of the Carlbrook curriculum, it sounds a lot like a fancy, prep-school version of the CEDU education.

"

Why are you copying what I wrote in another thread? Are you not capable of your own thoughts?

I'm flattered that you like what I wrote, but seriously, do your own work, or I will send you to the principal's office for plagarism.

If you are quoting me, than please make it more obvious that you are doing so. That's what the quote tags are for.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 18:44 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
"Oh I liked my high school" "No your highschool sucked, somebody there was mean to me they wouldn't let me have my drugs'

What's obvious people.  This program like a lot of others discussed at this site was (overall) positive for some kids not so for others.

Too many people acting like the answers are black and white.  Like anybody who believes they got something from that school must be brainwashed.  It's just as immature when somebody who's doing well is saying that their school program is the only, the one-and-only way to change.  Only I don't hear this so much so it makes me think that the negative posters are more immature.

Anyway it's all a big yawn.  If I talked this much about my highschool ten years later I'd be looking for more to do with my present life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
On 2006-01-04 15:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

""Anyway it's all a big yawn.  If I talked this much about my highschool ten years later I'd be looking for more to do with my present life."

Why then do you continue posting about cedu?
Stop inflating your pathetic ego, because you're no better than anyone else who posts here!

What's really obvious here, is that you have absolutely no grasp of reality. The truth is that Cedu is abusive, and hurts a lot more people than it helps. That's the reason why you don't see many posters saying that cedu is "the one and only way to change"; because most people aren't stupid enough to believe that shit!

If you're tired of seeing cedu bashed (deservedly so), then leave, go to sleep already, or better yet buy a gun and blow your  fucking brains out! No one here gives a shit about a loser like you anyways!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
thats because the people who went there have better things to do with their lives than sit in some fuck forum all day and bitch about how things aren't working