Author Topic: NWA Riot  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
On 2005-02-16 11:47:00, coco wrote:

"I don't think that is what the anon was saying, that this kid deserved a broken arm.  He was saying that this kid was a jerk.  He didn't deserve to be abused, certainly, but was a difficult kid to manage."

i think that's exactly what this troll was saying, that this kid deserved to have his arm broken.  you're new here coco, so you probably haven't met any of the nasty little trolls that pop up around here on a regular basis.  they are mostly confused cedu graduates, who think they're still at the school and insist on defending the program like the ass-sucking older students they once were.  only a total tool of cedu's 'holier than thou' philosophy would suggest that being anti-authority makes someone a jerk, or an asshole. I mean seriously, aren't all cedu students difficult kids to manage? isn't that why they are sent there in the 1st place? perhaps if cedu staff spent more time listening to this kid, and less time trying to manage him, this entire tragedy could have been avoided! Of course cedu staff didn't even care about this kid, so why would they listen to him? i guess maybe the whole riot was unavoidable after all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
I have to disagree that none of the staff there cared about the kids. I could name a few underpaid program staff that invested quite a bit of care about me and my fellow students, and that still send me e-mails today to see how I'm doing. I'm sorry to shift the subject, but that's just a theme I see a lot around here; people thinking that not a single staff member in that school had a good heart.

Then again, of course, there was a vast number of power-tripping and status-abusing program and admin staff that I definitely think have a nice spot saved for them in hell...don't get me wrong. I never knew the kid who had his arm broken - I came years after his time to a completely different school. I can't really comment on whether he deserved it or not, although I do strongly believe that if those kids started rioting, they definitely had a good reason.

I despise cedu as much as the next person, and that place still haunts me too, but let's give a little credit to those few diamonds in the rough that weren't completely corrupted.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »
On 2005-02-17 10:55:00, dniceo7 wrote:

"

I despise cedu as much as the next person, and that place still haunts me too, but let's give a little credit to those few diamonds in the rough that weren't completely corrupted."

I remember a couple diamonds in the rough among Cedu staff when I was there, unfortunately, they were all fired by the time I had left.  I guess having a big heart and truly caring about kids is not the way to keep your job at Cedu.

.[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2005-02-17 15:34 ]

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »
That's the sad truth...the good ones are either fired, end up getting corrupted anyways, or get so disgusted by the pressure to buy into the bullshit that they just leave. Most of the ones I was fond of left and work in completely different industries now.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline coco

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
I do believe that there are some good souls at cedu.  I have experienced some bad ones, but they are mostly good ones who do truly care about the kids at BCA.  I agree that they push the kids way beyond their capabilities(meaning the program staff's abilities) and can do some real harm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Offline Roy

• View Profile
NWA Riot
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
There were good souls and they are there a very short time before they are railroaded out. Wendy and Greg - program staff, Mark - the therapist, Jack the Therapist, Jenny - the therapist, Roy Phillips PhD, and Cowboy Bob. They were all great and they were all railroaded and harassed out because they wouldn't "buy in" to CHILD ABUSE

Boulder Creek Academy Child Abuse
Northwest Academy Child Abuse
Ascent Child Abuse
Milestones Child Abuse
CEDU Child Abuse
25 Lawsuits from families charging child abuse at CEDU - Northwest. And who were the people who most loudly objected to it? See their names above.