Author Topic: STATISTICS ANYONE?  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Animals

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:29:00 AM »
What is the rate of New Survivors finding these forums?  There are new survivors that come in every now and then.

What is the amount of hits per day on this site?  

How many of those are survivors.

I want some information because I think it would benefit, not only this forum, to have some Primary Word of Caution to all those who enter here.  

What is the average post of every survivor who comes here?

These statistics could help form theories on what might be needed when cautioning others about posting and about what happens on sites like this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
What would this Primary Word of Caution be?

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »
Define an average post.

This is inane.

Why would a theory need to be formed about what happens on "sites like this"?

Anyone can read the posts, talk to people and express opinions here, there is no "theory" that could encompass that, and why the hell would there need to be?

Last time I checked, everyone here was all growed up Animals.  The world isnt a pretty place, and I am fairly certain anyone coming here is not poised to participate in a congeniality contest.

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-01-22 06:24 ][ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-01-22 09:59 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »
How many of those are survivors.
What is the average post of every survivor who comes here?

Keeping a tally on this sort of info wouldn't be too easy...

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
Nor would I waste my time.

A more interesting stat would be how long does it take animals to have a meltdown? One day? One week? Every five mintues?

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
Many of us have "meltdowns", whether we do it here or not. I would like to feel that meltdowns were not the subject of ridicule.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
He wasn't referring to the kind of emotional meltdown that we all have from time to time.  He's referring to Animals shitting all over other people's efforts to do some good.  I don't agree with what everyone does here in their efforts to shut these places down, or get Newton or Sembler into court but I damn sure ain't gonna ridicule others efforts, which is exactly what Animals was doing.  I believe THAT is what Greg is referring to.  Just my opinion, not speaking for Greg.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
Agreed.

I would suppose the best "Primary Word of Caution" would probably be a warning against yourself, Animals.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
Yes, I was referring to the typical animals meltdown..you know, when for no good reason he starts calling people foul names and so forth. Or like when he adamantly denied the Montel show was anything but a "conspiracy" fabricated by us big bad people here moderating and running websites.

Whatever anon, defend this childish behavior all you want.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
But why throw the past in someone's face, ridicule and laugh at them, when it seems like, at least in this thread, they are trying to be more understanding?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
Because in plenty of other threads currently, he's not so nice.  And because of his petty threats that if he doesn't get his way, then he's going to start trolling again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 12:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"But why throw the past in someone's face, ridicule and laugh at them, when it seems like, at least in this thread, they are trying to be more understanding?"

Really?  You believe that then I have a bridge to sell you in the desert.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Yes, that was an interesting threat. I thought it came up because someone came on here and said they did not believe Sammie's story on the Montel show. Animals wished for that post to be deleted.

I myself have at times considered warning new folks about things when they show up here, so I thought Animals' idea in this thread was intriguing, in theory.

Offline Animals

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm not worried when Greg talks shit about me.

At least when I troll and slander others - I do it full on and straight up. I don't take the holier than thou approach like you do Greg, and everyone one of you knows exactly what I'm talking about, and excuse my shit slinging off and bashing of survivors because I'm a monitor and say that word; 'monitor' - beating it out of style.

I guess more than why you wouldn't want to warn others, especially new folks, about what they are posting and perhaps how to curtail some of the things they might say (Ginger's quote: "This site is not about helping others; it is about posting information on the troubled parent industry".) is the questions surrounding what the fuck you are so afraid of that you think you're so ethical and don't make errors too.  This site does not help others except to inform them about facts on the teen help industry. A survivor might get the wrong impression, since there are NO codes of ethics here, and people ARE allowed, including the trolls you create, to say Whatever whenever they want. Again, there are NO counselors here. There are no doctors on here. GregFL is a white collar worker in Tampa, he is not a professional counselor nor does he hold any certificates of merit toward the healing of others, or any kind of Human Service degree. Carmel is NOT much more than a general degree holding person, if that, has no degree that allows her to teach or counsel anyone here.  

Warning others that this site IS NOT censored, and does not have any professional counselors on it AT ALL, would make you look as if you've you've moved beyond your bullshit speaking to others if you would find out some statistics. This fucking site has not been open that long.

Greg, you write like small children wouldn't be allowed on a site like this.  If you won't be 'censored', neither am I. I have made this point even before I started copying yours and others antics.

So, you can call my words meltdowns or trolling or shitting on others, you can threaten to kick me off of this purely dumb site - a fact that you are too scared to do since there is no censorship on this site even though you may not like my intention. I keep saying stop by Greg, you never do; you can poke fun ...but the fun you poke G, is at yourself since I am intentionally acting like you on this site. But, again - me acting in your particular words G, you won't do a fucking thing about it.  'It's not worth it'.  

So I'll keep bitch sniping and trolling and bashing and meltingdown as long as I want to, since you do it to like a scared little child who's soggy diaper wants changing but doesn't know how to say what he wants right on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
STATISTICS ANYONE?
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 13:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-22 12:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"But why throw the past in someone's face, ridicule and laugh at them, when it seems like, at least in this thread, they are trying to be more understanding?"

Really?  You believe that then I have a bridge to sell you in the desert."

:rofl:  does it come with a troll?