Author Topic: Slander --------Please  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« on: January 20, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Hey Ginger,

My memories of elan rise up in my dreams and sometimes in my everyday thoughts .

Those demon strings jerk open the vault that contains a walnut size ball of nuclear energy that is rage.Deep in the center of my chest .

I truly believe elan should be investagated for running a continueing criminal enterprise by the justice department

Afterall people in the army are being tried for the abuse that went on in the Iraqi prison .

In my opinion elan and it's henchmen (gottlieb ,kruglik ,zaretzky and mccann)did the samething only 30 years earlier.

Abuse is just that, abuse ,no matter how you try to sugarcoat it .It is evil .

Abuse as therapy ?That is downright oxymoronic !

I still feel that elan 's henchmen should spend the rest of their natural lives in prison for aiding and abetting elan in it's criminal activity .

I stand by my posts on this site.

And Ginger It will always be personal ,though it (elan and its henchmen ) don't occupy my mind all the time .How can it not be personal (?)

I was in that hell hole from '74 to '76

Peace

Matthiam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »
On a more pleasant thought  Today is my birthday.
I turned 46  today .

I consider my self very lucky to have survived that hellhole called elan .

It was not until 4 years ago that I could actually talk about elan without going into a severe depressive downward spiral.

I consider myself very lucky indeed.There are many of my peers that are dead in my opinion for just having come in contact with that place .

I don't come to this site as often,my life has radically changed in the past 4 years .

I am glad to know that that place has changed in the past 4 years ,maybe these boards and the Skakel trial  has shed some light in  areas that elan and it's henchmen thought would forever remain in the dark.

It is sad that it took the death of a young women, Martha Moxley, nearly thirty years ago to shine the light on elan and it's henchmen.For the lunacy that went down back in those days was so bazarre that if a person did go to the law they  would not have been believed .

Martha Moxley gave us a voice and a focal point .Her death ,while very sad ,was not a waste as many people believe .

recent grads of that place are very much in debt to her .

Peace

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
On 2005-01-21 07:36:00, artman11111 wrote:

"Matt

I am not convinced of Skakel's guilt in this horrible murder 25 years ago. Further,I think its "Slanderous" to type such a thing.Are you bored? You have issues with Elan as anyone from "our" day should.We were horribly abused.

As much as I would like to see Elan closed and held accountable for the abuse,Your post in no way contains anything factual.Furthermore Matt,You didnt even know Michael. WTF ???

"

I didn't see anything about Skakel being guilty anywhere in his post.  He was just saying that the trial itself may have shed some light on the Elan situation.  WTF is wrong with him saying that?  He didn't claim to have any inside knowledge, he didn't claim that Skakel did it.

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
Everyone complains about elan and the abuse that was bestowed upon them, but no one ever does anything about it, we all have the same nightmares years later of still being in elan, and not being able to leave.  It is a part of our lives we cannot forget, and will forever be plagued by its burdon upon us.  

If enough if us filed a lawsuit against elan, and I don't mean like 5 of us, but like 50+ of us, and brought out of individual stories of abuse and terror, they would more than likely favor us, I know this has been brought up before, but were talking about generations of people in elan.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
I don't know if M. Skakel is guilty  or not , he was there some 2  years after I left .

When elan's name surfaced in the news 4 plus years ago ,it caused a reaction in me called PTSD.
Which was a flood of memories . Horrible memories that I had locked away  for over 25 years .

The sad thing now, is I have a very good memory of a very terrible time in my life . Yeah I had some stuff to deal with .

Does that make me a "nut case " ?  Of course not.

Do I feel that the Skakel trial portrayed former residents  as "nuts"  ? Not in the least .

I actually am very grateful for the trial .Why because I no longer waste the energy to contain those horrible memories .And I know exactly what elan is ,knowledge is power and my life is not the same as it was 4 plus years ago.

I think the Skakel trial portrayed elan and it's (my opinion ) lying henchmen as a very sick and twisted place where people were placed for help.

Nowhere on my scrap of paper that I got when I left does it say that it was a school. It was a corporation that made money off of abusing adults as well as children under the guise of therapy ,during my time .

I find it unfathomable that the justice dept. has not ripped that hell hole apart .Why do  we have to file the lawsuits ,it should be done for us ! Especially after some of the abuses that surfaced during  M. Skakels trial.

I myself have written  letters to various govenours ,congressmen ,the FBI,and the justice dept as well as others , about that hell hole .

I think if more people who were in elan also wrote letters , we might get the justice that we so seek and deserve.

Personally I don't give one iota about recieving any money .I just want to see the cretins that ran that place put in prison .

Matt

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
Slander --------Please
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
I was signed in .
I so dilike computers .The above post is MINE.

Matt