Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 2812 times)

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
I personally didn't stick around for the summit, nor did I have any desire to. It was mostly the fact that I didn't want dry turkey sandwiches for 5+ days, and of course because of the weird shit a lot of people said when they got out of that thing. So I started wondering, what exactly happens in that thing?

Extra props if your answer has something to do with BCA, RMA, or NWA and if names like Ariel Gunn and Dave Rookey had anything to do with your "experience". I was there '00 to '02, so I have no idea if they did it differently before then or at cedu mountain.

And I hope I haven't offended anyone that feels that the summit "gave to their life". If I have...lighten up.

Artie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »
I don't remember much, but one memorable thing was something about a sinking boat that we were all supposed to be on, and there was only one lifeboat.  We had to choose one or two of us from the group who gets to live, and the rest in the story would die.  Two at a time we would go around the circle of people, and tell each person our vote on whether we think they should live or die.  Some people in the summit went completely nuts during this part, like they were really going to die or something.  Pretty much the summit was just 5-6 days of endless brainwashing with mental torture. From BCA it was just Sam, some stupid bitch from NWA, and a few RMA people, who ran my summit.  The whole summit was just a useless piece of SHIT.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
I was just exploring one of the worst memories at CEDU.

I remember in the SUMMIT (6 day workshop) Rudy was playing some crazy loud music. He had paired us all off with our best friends. My partner was a guy named Sean.

He started giving the same old speech he'd been pounding into our heads over the last 2 days- screaming into our ears "Do NOT hold back!! You MUST give 100 percent for this to work! Don't rip yourself off by not going ALL the WAY!!" It was all very intense and we were buying it hook line and sinker.

Then we paired off and I was instructed to bring my right hand back as far as I could. On the count of 1...2...3...and the word commence- I was to strike Sean as hard as I could slapping him in the face. (I guess he was trying to say this was how we treat eachother)

I was fucking in a panic. I didn't want to hit my best friend, but everyone else was prepped and ready to do it. We were all panicking and scared shitless. I had heard rumours from older students that the Summit had a really insane moment- but to trust Rudy and do whatever he says because it was worth it!

Was I really going to have to strike my buddy?

So here came the countdown to the mental mind fuck.

1...2...3.......................(Noooooooo!!!!!)

"give your partner a hug."

Okay, so you're saying no harm, no foul.

Wrong. I swear to you and I really believe I speak for most of us that were there. If Rudy had said commence, with no doubt in my mind, I would have struck Sean with ALL my might.

And I knew it, too. I knew right then, that Rudy had me and all the others.

I knew the power they had even over me.

I went up to my dorm and had a cigarette. It was crazy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
please tell me that the summit isn't harmful.  my son is in his fourth day as we speak.  He really got a lot out of his Imagine and his I and Me.  He graduates soon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
^you are evil and stupid for sending your child there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
artie richmond?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
oh thanks.  anyone else?

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
Nah, I'm Artie Sullivan, but I knew Artie Richmond...he went to RMA
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline plomly22

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
On 2005-01-18 23:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't remember much, but one memorable thing was something about a sinking boat that we were all supposed to be on, and there was only one lifeboat.  We had to choose one or two of us from the group who gets to live, and the rest in the story would die.  Two at a time we would go around the circle of people, and tell each person our vote on whether we think they should live or die."

I remember this exercise from the trainings I went through. I started laughing when our instructor told us what we were suppose to do. I think she and the staff were taken by supprise because no one had ever laughed at this before. I don't think anyone in my training cried. When I staffed this training everyone was crying. I thought what the hell is going on here, people are taking this way to seriously. I was almost voted into the lifeboat and I would have if I had voted for myself! Like I would ever vote for myself.
Spring Ridge Academy 97-99
SUWS 99
Dancing Moon Ranch 99-00

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »
The sinking ship is one of the things I heard about. A buddy of mine told one of the girls that he chose her to die, and then added that it was because he wanted to make sure that less people in [their home state of] Virginia got the clap. When everyone else applauded (I guess she wasn't very popular...or maybe she really had the clap...), she stormed out crying, grabbed her backpack raided the BCA kitchen, and headed down the road. Just thought I'd share that little bit of summit humor with all else. Thanks for the posts!

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »
Oh and ridiculous as that sounds, it is in fact a true story.

I still don't know why a New Horizons student would raid the kitchen...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
i remeber a part where they bend you over and fuck you up the ass and make you cry and if you dont they beat the shit out of you

Offline crazycatliz

• View Profile
Just wondering...
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
What do you know about New Horizons. I went to Escuela Caribe.  No shit, we wouldn't raid the kitchen!!!!  Not if we ever wanted to stop doing push-ups, we wouldn't! :wave: