Author Topic: now what can you say?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« on: January 15, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »
there is something that has been bugging me for about 36 hours, give or take a couple of days. perhaps you can assist me. it has recently come to my attention that i have a compulsive difficulty in relation to the word "phat". that is, i am often compelled beyond my capabilities to stop myself from saying the word to say the word, even if it is only to myself, in my own mind, as a declaration of the superlative physiological effects engendered by certain musical selections. however unproblematic this may seem, it has also recently come to my attention that the word "phat" is no longer contemporarily respected as a description of those things that used to be respectably described as "phat". what i need is a new word, to replace "phat". please advise.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »
On 2005-01-15 06:17:00, Pietra wrote:

"there is something that has been bugging me for about 36 hours, give or take a couple of days. perhaps you can assist me. it has recently come to my attention that i have a compulsive difficulty in relation to the word "phat". that is, i am often compelled beyond my capabilities to stop myself from saying the word to say the word, even if it is only to myself, in my own mind, as a declaration of the superlative physiological effects engendered by certain musical selections. however unproblematic this may seem, it has also recently come to my attention that the word "phat" is no longer contemporarily respected as a description of those things that used to be respectably described as "phat". what i need is a new word, to replace "phat". please advise."

I can't stop laughing, but say whatever you want. It's like wearing whatever clothing you want to just be yourself and not be sucked into trends because they are viewed cool.

Hey, I'm still saying that's the shit or shiznit! lol. How old is that. I also say that's cool or that rocks. I'm just getting old here :smile:
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
shiznit, i haven't even heard of that one. cool is sort of transcendent, isn't it? never out of style? round about the uh fifth grade? that would've been '79ish? these kids from texas moved into my neighborhood (in VA). they kept saying "decent!" meaning something like "cool" or "more than just good". it really confused me! decent was like a halfway praise, but they meant it way more than that. sheesh!

know what i dig sometimes, is Leave It To Beaver, and all the expressions on there! "Gee Ward, I'm a little worried about the Beav," and other such lines. I really like listening to those old time voices.

anyhoo, it'll all be retro, so righteous to your advice: retro before anyone else!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
anyhoo, it'll all be retro, so righteous to your advice: retro before anyone else!

Now that's some swell advice! :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
On 2005-01-16 20:42:00, Pietra wrote:

"shiznit, i haven't even heard of that one. cool is sort of transcendent, isn't it? never out of style? round about the uh fifth grade? that would've been '79ish? these kids from texas moved into my neighborhood (in VA). they kept saying "decent!" meaning something like "cool" or "more than just good". it really confused me! decent was like a halfway praise, but they meant it way more than that. sheesh!

know what i dig sometimes, is Leave It To Beaver, and all the expressions on there! "Gee Ward, I'm a little worried about the Beav," and other such lines. I really like listening to those old time voices.

"

Remember "cool" was druggie slang to us straightlings? lol. In Michigan are substitute was "awesome". Oh I feel like puking.

I dig the Brady Bunch myself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
On 2005-01-16 20:42:00, Pietra wrote

know what i dig sometimes, is Leave It To Beaver, and all the expressions on there! "Gee Ward, I'm a little worried about the Beav,"

"Don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night Ward?" :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
Oops forgot to sign in. That should have been
"our" btw. lol.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
Our beavers...got it. :em:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
I still say, dude..  :roll:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »
Straight's 3 words of sin:
Cool
Man
Dude

The only 3 thing we were forbidden to say.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
I wonder did anyone besides Richie Cunningham say Bucko????

Ahhh... Such deep thoughts over this way tonight.

I needed a breather.

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
now what can you say?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
I knew a lady who never ever cussed. But she did have a favorite expletive - "doggone it! "

Her consistency was rather charming, actually.

One day when she was very, very exasperated she burst out with, "Oh, Poodles!"

I coulda died laughing.

That which does not kill you can make you stronger, but I really never needed to be this strong.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5580/straight.html' target='_new'>Scott Wagner

[ This Message was edited by: Erinys on 2005-01-29 10:38 ]