Author Topic: Let's be honest...  (Read 2550 times)

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
So many anonymous posters makes it very difficult to relate to anything anyone is saying. This thread is for those who feel comfortable, to identify who they really are. Some of us already have, others haven't.

Victoria Vigil (Berman)
Cedu RS Class of December 1993
Feelings about cedu: At this point, negative, but willing to talk to people who feel they got something out of the experience. I feel that the methods used to "assist me" while at cedu were harmful to me and my peers.[ This Message was edited by: vvigil on 2005-01-11 08:53 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
Good for you Vicki!  That's how I remember you.  Hopefully we can all meet one day.

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
What is going on here? Lot's of you have already viewed this thread, yet no one has posted their true identities. Very few of us have done so in any context within this site- I can remember Bryan, Ginger, and myself (off the top of my head without going through and revisiting every post).

If we want to encourage free discussion and openness, I believe that it will help if people know who we are. The anonymity is leading to some pretty awful posts around here.

I'm not saying you have to identify yourselves, but it might help with the quality of posts.

Again, my two cents.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
Well, the thing is- its not so easy for everyone.  Under the previous illusion of anonymity, some have spoken things that are not exactly of their true nature.  It isn't so simple.  Others, just don't want anyone from the past catching up with them.  There's many reasons for anonymity.  And its probably even wiser to remain anonymous.

I know you're frustrated with the trolls.  Especially the ones who obviously come from http://www.cedualumni.com, but I guess there's no way to get rid of them, other than to act like them.

They do not allow anonymous posters, nor do they allow anything honest to be said about their precious CEDU without deleting or modifying posts.

Much like CEDU, they do not allow free conversation.  Its against the rules.

Now, they have very few people interested in their site, so they like to visit ours.

Its okay, maybe this site can help open their eyes by doing so.  I actually encourage them all to come.  At one point, many of us were just like them in their mentality, its sad to say. Maybe,we're just luckier.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
Bullshit.   Less anon posters will hinder not help the site.   Anonymity is key to people speaking without censor.   Many people would not post because they dont feel like registering.  Anon is quicker.  Many people would not post honestly because they don't want conflict.  Many people would not want to jeopardize their current lives and rely on privacy.  Theres probably numerous othter reasons anon as an option makes the site grow, but these are enough.  

If it bothers you that some anons are pesky and that you don't get to relate to them since theyre anon, then you have the right to vent about it.  Likewise I have the right to say that is stupid and you are not the identity police.   You want to relate?  contact your local library for the penpal club.   I am interested in a site that has a diversity of viewpoints regarding CEDU.  The only way this can happen is with anon, especially on this site where their is such strict viewpoint conformity and childish retaliation by disagreeing parties such as making fun of ones screen name or them as a person if that information is available.   These pigs that I refer to don't deserve us to spill the beans on our identities because they'll just chow them down and stink up the site with their verbal farts.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:P0 ... mity&hl=en

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
I see your point of view however I have a difficult time seeing how this is truly going to haunt me in my day to day life. I've told just about everyone at my work about my experiences at cedu and what got me there. All my friends and family know what happened.

Even if I didn't, honestly what's the danger here? I, unlike others who post here, have no fear of the cedu police coming and getting me. I may have nightmares to that effect, but it won't really happen.

I think that by being honest about who I am, I might encourage others to speak up or even to relate to me. Perhaps there is someone posting anon who was there at the same time as me- and remembers me- so they might be more open to talking about what happened.

So I don't REQUIRE that people disclose who they are. I just recommend it.

Yes anon is quicker. I agree. I am getting sick of logging in each time I post. But it also distinguishes me from the ugly posters who have nothing but hate to spew toward eachother.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Maybe the Cedu police wont get you in your life, but for those of us in competitive, higly visible lines of work,  this is a bad idea.  In politics, for example around elction time George Bush's two decade old DWI charge was made a national issue (in the 2000 elections).  Not everyone shares your lifestyle.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
:rofl: but he still won the election!

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
She's got a good idea...I've been posting a bit lately, and hopefully people think I'm confident enough in my words to tell you who I really am.

If not...

Artie Sullivan, BCA (2000-2002)
Mountain Lion Team
PG 26

Couldn't tell you how I feel about cedu...I despise it every time i think about it, but then again, sometimes I think that I wouldn't be doing as well as I am without it...I guess it just depends on how you get treated when you're there...
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
Look, the trolls make it entertaining. They show how stupid by their posts - they show what a mess is a kid who comes out of CEDU. The troll posters show CEDU for what it is. These are it's fruits - enjoy and laugh. Annon troo is a staff at BCA - a therapist - dig it.

What we dont want is political correctness. Trolls bring it on.
Tell those folks at CEDU allumni to join in.

As for Artie Sullivan - I always considered him a self centered, narrow minded, self glorifying sociopath who abuses animals.
Fuck that alumni and all of the other sick fucks that support CEDU - because they can believe they are superior and need to believe it because the truth is that they are shit.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Let's be honest...
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
Great. It's good to be back.
I'm thinking about students who I didn't like. I wouldn't post things about them that they said they did or what kind of kiss ass they were. Why? I wouldn't want it done to me. Have you noticed that trolls have tried to bring up issues of drugs, suicide, beastiality, homosexuality, and virtually all the "disclosures" of people in an effort to demean them. And they say we are afixed to the past. And some of those disclosures weren't even true, just an effort at one upsmanship that was encouraged in the CEDU model.
These must be people who harbour resentment even longer than I do...and that is a long time. Also, the "person" I was at RMA was really not ME, it was the person that conformed out of total fear, and out of total desperation. Total isolation and lonliness, we were abondoned.
 I know that some of the people who I don't like from there I wouldn't harp on because it serves no purpose. In my case the chances of them looking here would be tiny, anyhow.
Why would you attack this guy who comes on here with enough courage to identify himself? It was the first thing you did, what is your fucking problem? Tell us.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange