Author Topic: druggie stash  (Read 3833 times)

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
druggie stash
« on: September 15, 2002, 09:19:00 PM »
As I stood here making dinner for my family tonight, I realized I still have a "druggie stash." It is a little Peugot pepper grinder given to me as a Christmas gift by a "druggie boyfriend." What a special gift it was (even then I wanted to be a chef) and how glad I am I never turned it in!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
One weekend straight sent a 5th phaser home with me and he saw Rock albums that I was stupid enough to be looking at in front of hime and I was turned in. I remember throwing a huge stack of albums out in the trash can and my older brother going out there later and getting them. I found out later and because I was so terrified of being started over I kissed ass and made him really throw them away forever. Funny, my parents saved my beer can collection and put it in the attic. I didn't know until years after straight that they gave it to a friend of the family and to this day they deny it ever happened. My brother confided and told me the truth. I hate hypocrates.

Offline Sunshinegirl0420

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 11:24:00 PM »
now this is an issue i was so pissed about  and still effects me today as i stated above   gone.  i could understand the music etc.  but alll of my picture  alblums  i didnt keep "druggie pics" they wouldve been evidence. everything from my best "DRUGGIE" friends 12th b-day to school dances and field trips!!  i didnt see the need for this i still miss them. school year books, clothes
 cards, notes. first they stole my personality and soul, then my memories.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 09:28:00 AM »
I went through a lot of that too asking about photos, drugs, record albums, you name it. I held back a lot of stuff because I just knew it would either be destroyed or thrown out, I still have a few pictures of myself a few years before Straight and I can tell you one thing, I don't think I will ever fit into size 10 jeans again.. lol.
But seriously, I had a lot of "irreplacable" items gone as well, stuff I'll never get back, but one thing Straight could NEVER take away is your memory, wheather it be good or bad.
usan Minns

Offline Sunshinegirl0420

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 03:31:00 PM »
hi lady, see the memories are nice i even "accept" why they were gone however i want to show things about myself with my daughter( love of my life , purpose sometimes.  SHE is who SAVED me. ) i am getting so upset right now  i dont have the time to be doing this. damn thanks any way. be back later

[ This Message was edited by: Sunshinegirl0420 on 2002-09-17 12:35 ]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 08:59:00 AM »
I don't have my high school things myself, I ended up in an alternative high school because I couldn't handle large crowds of people in my normal HS. I still don't like groups of people and try to avoid parties like my job has Christmas parties for the company I work for and also picnics which I don't go to.
We also have meetings once every 4 months which has 3 different cities attending it, I basically just sit with my own group that I work with, eat the food they give us and watch the presentation and leave. I'm not one for "mingling"
Anyway, regarding that, the only thing I do have from my alternative high school is a photo of the few students I attended my homeroom with and also a videotape that has some drawings I created way back in 1989 on a Apple II GS. 2 of my teachers saved these for me when I got out of Straight, other than that, I don't have much else and that alt. HS didn't have a yearbook either.
usan Minns

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2002, 08:16:00 PM »
My best so called druggie friend growing up was my neighbor Chip. We learned how to swim together and grew up with a really decent childhood. I have fond memories growing up. Well, one day in straight the took me out of group and told me Chip died. I found out later he was in a coma for like 3 months and one time even woke up but the nurse left the room and he went back to his sleep. It pisses me off they didn't tell me this when he was in a coma. Why?

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2002, 08:45:00 PM »
Dreammagician,
  That is so sad, yet so typical of Straight. Friendships, even "druggie friendships" meant a lot to me. You were deprived of being able to say goodbye and that is so wrong. I've never had a lifelong friend like that, so it's hard to imagine the loss you feel...
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »
Hello, they told my mom to destroy the 450 LP's I had, many of which today would be worth thousands of dollars. Oh well, gone forever. Then there was the Gibson LesPaul, and amp to boot, damn, wish I had that too. Friggin awesome full length denim coat, like a cowboy wears,LOL, but all denim. I am sure there are more I can't remember, but why they did that I still cannot forgive or forget. People say they were not abused in the program, they are completely blind or something. Just the thought of it is abuse enough.   MG8

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2002, 09:16:00 AM »
The only thing I have left from Straight is a Bible that my dad bought me. He wrote a note on the front page of it and dated it, he passed away 2 years ago, but I keep it at my bedside and try to read the Bible every night before going to sleep.
Actually I find that bible to be the simplist to read and understand.
Makes me wish I kept some of those MI's or rule books just so I could put them on some of the websites, cameras were not allowed even close to the building, so I never had photos of that.
usan Minns

Offline Therion

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »
On 2002-09-21 16:49:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"Hello, they told my mom to destroy the 450 LP's I had, many of which today would be worth thousands of dollars. Oh well, gone forever. Then there was the Gibson LesPaul, and amp to boot, damn, wish I had that too. Friggin awesome full length denim coat, like a cowboy wears,LOL, but all denim. I am sure there are more I can't remember, but why they did that I still cannot forgive or forget. People say they were not abused in the program, they are completely blind or something. Just the thought of it is abuse enough.   MG8"

I had all the metallica picture disks (lps)
including imports etc.. (this was pre Justice for all)
I had a shitload of vinyl that I lost..you are right man...those would be worth alot...I have a buddy that collects and trades in vinyl.. :tup:
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »
my druggie stash!!!!!

I still get sooooo pissed. I will never get over it. Never. Someone out there owes me a lot of shit, Grateful dead posters, shirts albums, my leather coats

What was up w/ Straight and LEATHER???? grrrr ::mecry::

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit  people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good?  Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?

--Frederic Bastiat -- 1801-1850

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »
What was up w/ Straight and LEATHER???? grrrr

"Druggie image." If you didn't dress like hmmm...I don't know, Theodore Cleaver, then you were wearing "druggie" clothes. Which means you could be "getting good feelings" off of something other than "feeling good about yourself." This could in turn lead you "back to drugs."
(Sorry about all the quotes, but they need to be in there.)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
druggie stash
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »
I had always enjoyed fuckin' w/ ppls minds. In my situation as a kid, I had to take my entertainment where I could find it.

I had been 'in the program' by proxy since I was 6. I had no druggie ties. I didn't dare own fashionable clothes or music or anything like that. The only druggie tie I had was a makeshift pipe made from the handle section of the vacume cleaner and a sparkplug socket. And I don't think they found that because I kept it dissasembled and distributed back to the vacume and the old tool kit (not the nice, new complete one, just the box my dad kept for old, spare and as yet unidentified tools and pieces)

I often wished I could be a fly on the wall while they were going through whatever my mom presented as olddruggieties.

Whoever kindles the flames of intolerance in America is lighting a fire underneath his own home.
--Harold E. Stassen, 1947

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
druggie stash
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
The only druggie tie I had was a makeshift pipe made from the handle section of the vacume cleaner and a sparkplug socket. And I don't think they found that because I kept it dissasembled and distributed back to the vacume and the old tool kit (not the nice, new complete one, just the box my dad kept for old, spare and as yet unidentified tools and pieces)

Well, aren't you a "sneaky snake?"  :grin: Have you seen that Michael McDonald routine on Mad TV?