Author Topic: Letting go  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Evets Droffats

• View Profile
Letting go
« on: December 14, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
Is letting go really as hard as it seems? Does it depen on the person? The situation? Your ability to turn negatives into a positive? Is anger resentment and vengeance the answer? Even if it is all that you know or have been exposed to? Can we give love if we have never felt love? When do we decide to focus an ourselves....move on and proceed into the future? Closure is a powerful word. But what does it really mean?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Letting go
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »
On 2004-12-14 14:42:00, Evets Droffats wrote:

"Is letting go really as hard as it seems? Does it depen on the person? The situation? Your ability to turn negatives into a positive? Is anger resentment and vengeance the answer? Even if it is all that you know or have been exposed to? Can we give love if we have never felt love? When do we decide to focus an ourselves....move on and proceed into the future? Closure is a powerful word. But what does it really mean?"

It depends on all of the above.  Anger and vengance isn't the answer, but vigilance is the answer in making sure that history doesn't repeat itself.  You've probably heard the "abused becomes the abuser" - it carries over into many other aspects - but it doesn't have to be that way.

"Closure" has become somewhat of a pop-psych term.  "Closure" is what you want to make it.  There is no ceremony or ritual that you have to perform.  When you're ready to close the door on the past, you do it - plain and simple.  You do it in your own time.

"Love" is another one of those vague words.  No one can describe it... you'll know it when you feel it.  I hope you will feel it.

Wishing you peace.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
Letting go
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »
I believe letting go is important. Especially to a past of abuse and neglect. One just cannot carry all of that excess baggage around for very long before they hurt themselves. I believe confession is a thing in these cults or programs that gets confused with self-disclosure which makes us put up walls to not trust and to get screwed over by our peers. One only has to answer to his maker is what I believe is how to let go of the past and fess up to the present and change.

Redemption: Deliverance of sinners from the penalty of their sins through the murder of their deity against whom they sinned.
--Ambrose Bierce

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
Letting go
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »
I believe letting go is important. Especially to a past of abuse and neglect. One just cannot carry all of that excess baggage around for very long before they hurt themselves. I believe confession is a thing in these cults or programs that gets confused with self-disclosure which makes us put up walls to not trust and to get screwed over by our peers. One only has to answer to his maker is what I believe is how to let go of the past and fess up to the present and change. I believe our minds have all been whipped by very experienced hands so we do need a sacrificial lamb.

I tried not to work for, you know, anyone who ate children with their bare hands. I won't pretend that I was ideologically consistent.

--Dick Morris; Political consultant for Bill Clinton, Trent Lott and Tom Ridge

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Gah

• View Profile
Letting go
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:26:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Ex5k on 2005-06-14 14:20 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Letting go
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
On 2004-12-15 03:40:00, Harley Davidson wrote:

I believe letting go is important. Especially to a past of abuse and neglect. One just cannot carry all of that excess baggage around for very long before they hurt themselves.

Then do it. Just let go and get onto something else. If you ever get worried, just know that there are people who will not. We'll take care of things, ok?

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana
is its effect on the degenerate races.

http://www.heartbone.com/no_thugs/hja.htm' target='_new'>Harry Anslinger

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline lonebikerdude1

• View Profile
Letting go
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
The problem I had was realizing what had acctually happened to me.
Then came the anger.
Now I am trying to find out how to let go.
I needed to first understand that it really happened no matter how subtle the method.
I know that letting go will come in time.
I'd like to recover my self esteem and all that I lost.
I have the strength, it has gotten me this far.
Devine intervention has led me here.
These scattered thoughts race through my brain.
I'm trying to find the thread to stitch them together.