Author Topic: anyone remember from dallas  (Read 23189 times)

Offline jraypdxxx

• View Profile
anyone remember from dallas
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Jane, I remember you too, long red hair. God, I felt sorry for you when you first came in, you looked so scared and rightly so. I also remember Christina and she did have a mohawk, I thought she was cool. God, those days were so weird and such a part of my life, I was there for nine months and escaped 4 times. I try and tell people about it today and they just look at me, you really had to experience it. I hear they are making a documentary about it, that should be intersting. How are you now?

Jim Horn
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
On 2004-12-27 18:18:00, taureana wrote:

FirsStep in Carrolton.

:question:  :question:  :question:

They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved.
--Chief Pontiac, American Indian Chieftain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »
On 2004-12-30 18:52:00, jraypdxxx wrote:

"Jane, I remember you too, long red hair. God, I felt sorry for you when you first came in, you looked so scared and rightly so. I also remember Christina and she did have a mohawk, I thought she was cool. God, those days were so weird and such a part of my life, I was there for nine months and escaped 4 times. I try and tell people about it today and they just look at me, you really had to experience it. I hear they are making a documentary about it, that should be intersting. How are you now?

Jim Horn"

Jim:

Your post made me finally remember Christina, she had an upside down cross tattooed on the side of her head, (amongst other tattoos).

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
On 2004-12-30 19:39:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2004-12-27 18:18:00, taureana wrote:

FirsStep in Carrolton.

:question:  :question:  :question:

They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved.
--Chief Pontiac, American Indian Chieftain

"

Then my name was Kelly Clark.  Was in Dallas Straight for 10 months.  About a year and a half later I worked at a brand new rehab called FirsStep in Carrolton that never made it.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
On 2004-12-24 01:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Laura was pulled

Lori B commenced.  She moved back to Mabank eventually and is now married with two children.

Carmen Y never made it past 3rd, that I know of.

She was always getting confronted and setback.

Jana T got pulled.

that is all I can remember or know about the girls you posted

I am pretty sure that Heath D and Lael got married or at least I know I heard that somewhere

Taurena is a great source of information - she has an amazing memory!"

Lori B was married to Will W, he was on here some time ago, as I understand it they were married but are no longer.

Lael and Heath I think did get married, but long ago I heard there was some domestic violence issues going on and I dont know if they still are.  I have a personal grudge against her anyway as she was Satan's minion and my permanent host sister in Straight.  Forgive if I dont wish that situation well.

The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure.
-- Albert Einstein

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2004-12-31 13:04 ]
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Carmel holding a grudge and wishing someone ill will???????? :question:  :question:  :question:  :question:
I'm impressed.  Did someone sneak a LSDemons or Black Flag CD into you sound system.  It looks like you edited out the good shit though.  Like maybe you hope Heath beats her ass dailey.  Keep listening to that punk rock and you'll get there.

Will Woods married Lisa Speer and their still married.  Lori Barnes????????  Someone gave you some false info.  I suggest that you listen to "Sick of it All"  and then go kick their fucking ass.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »
I stand corrected, you are right...it was Lisa Speer.  I guess I could have sworn that Will mentioned they were no longer married when he posted this last year.

Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
-- John Muir

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 04:04:00 AM »
carmel is right - lisa and will divorced.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
Throw out other names but not your own????
Fuck, you don't even know how to read.  I bet your the same anon dickhead on the Mike box.  Or there is two of ya that don't how to read.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
On 2004-12-30 18:52:00, jraypdxxx wrote:

"Jane, I remember you too, long red hair. God, I felt sorry for you when you first came in, you looked so scared and rightly so. I also remember Christina and she did have a mohawk, I thought she was cool. God, those days were so weird and such a part of my life, I was there for nine months and escaped 4 times. I try and tell people about it today and they just look at me, you really had to experience it. I hear they are making a documentary about it, that should be intersting. How are you now?

Jim Horn"

I remember the name Horn, I think I remember your mom for some reason. I appreciate your compassion--I was terrified. I remember my first day I made a couple of vows. One of which was to never sing the ridiculous songs that everyone was singing in group. Well suffice it to say I forgot all about that vow. Yeah I totally liked Christina, she was very fun and she got me to talk out with her one night. Of course I felt guilty so I cleared it up the next day, but it was fun anyways. Yeah I have been waiting for the documentary to get finished for a while. It is weird to think back on straight now and to be able to have some amount of perspective. How are you nowadays?

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
On 2004-12-31 13:03:00, Carmel wrote:

"

On 2004-12-24 01:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Laura was pulled

Lori B commenced.  She moved back to Mabank eventually and is now married with two children.

Carmen Y never made it past 3rd, that I know of.

She was always getting confronted and setback.

Jana T got pulled.

that is all I can remember or know about the girls you posted

I am pretty sure that Heath D and Lael got married or at least I know I heard that somewhere

Taurena is a great source of information - she has an amazing memory!"

Lori B was married to Will W, he was on here some time ago, as I understand it they were married but are no longer.

Lael and Heath I think did get married, but long ago I heard there was some domestic violence issues going on and I dont know if they still are.  I have a personal grudge against her anyway as she was Satan's minion and my permanent host sister in Straight.  Forgive if I dont wish that situation well.

The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure.

-- Albert Einstein

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2004-12-31 13:04 ]"

Who was Lael? I don't remember her name but I remember a Heath I think on staff, right?

Offline jraypdxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »
I'm good! I got married in August, finished film school last month and now working as an assistant editor on commercials. Life has been interesting for sure. I'm glad to have found others to chat with about the experience, it's amazing actually, I'm not much of a chatroom kind of guy, but to connect w/ fellow straight people, it's cool. I don't drink and haven't for two years, let's just say, I wasn't very good at it. For the most part, I live a simple, quite, rather healthy lifestyle here in Portland, Oregon. I have plans to write a screenplay about my experiences in Straight, so I'm very excited to watch the Documentary. How are you and what are you up to?

Offline irvingbound

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
Yep - D is me, Daryl, I was suprised you recalled. Whats going on Jim?  I ain't kidding you, it felt good to see your reply.  I remember one night you escaped and I had the wide open out myself, because Patrick was giving chase (which seemed so crazy because you had a big jump on him and that was your stomping grounds)...your mom was real upset...she was always really good to me and asked me to stay....I just sat at the table.  I hated that moment many nights, but it was worth it.  Yur mom was the best to me.  How is she?

D
ll Midland kids ended up there didn\'t we?

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Oh, a screenplay, that sounds interesting! I am a big supporter of anyone who is willing to speak out about their experiences there. Did you read about the Montel show that was taped recently? I have a hard time believing that people will really take it seriously, but still maybe some will. Plus apparently some of these places are still open so I feel pretty badly about kids that may STILL be going through that type of insanity. Well I am good, lets see...I work in publishing, I am also in school at the moment. I still am in the Dallas area although I lived in Austin for a long time. I went 2 years without drinking, then gave that up and now it really isn't an issue for me one way or the other (thank god). It is a trip to talk to people on here, I found this site I guess last April and it was really very strange. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

Offline jraypdxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
Wow, it's really good to connect, D. I was looking on the internet and found your post about my mom. I stopped everything I was doing and called her. It was the night before new years and she had just come to visit me in Portland for Christmas, which we had an awesome visit. I told her what I had found and she started crying.....She said, it really touched her. And, yes, I agree she is really cool, and she still is :grin: Sorry, I know these things are silly. So, anyway.....I called her and we were like, D.  who is D? And it struck me, that you stayed at my house for a long time. I said, your name and she said, I bet your right..let me know if the person writes back, she will be so happy! That's cool that she came to your mind out of all the people we cycled through....God, what a nightmare that was, huh? Let's stay in contact, please!! Write back