Author Topic: headgamers  (Read 1270 times)

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
headgamers
« on: September 11, 2002, 03:37:00 AM »
DELETE
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:11:43 AM by shaneunc »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
headgamers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 09:56:00 AM »
Oh my goodness.  I totally understand what you mean.  I felt bad for those people, but sometimes they really made me crazy.  Those words "I have a doubt" make me cringe!

My first long-term oldcomer was a second phaser who had to be the biggest headgamer in all of history too.  I think for her though, it was a way to exert power and feel in control.  You could tell sometimes she was just making crap up to make herself seem superior.

I stayed on first phase for MONTHS because of her, she would not vote for more than T&R for me every single week.  I was stuck because I never got a different oldcomer.  She kept telling me it was because she felt that I was still too "arrogant".  Imagine, being held back by a second phaser from seeing your parents or anything just because you challenged her notion of common sense.  That was our whole beef, I would get so frustrated with her idiocy and argue for some common sense. She would get threatened and say that I was "arrogant" and then hold me back.  It made me crazy.

Even people in the group and some of the staff would ask, why the hell are you not on second phase yet?  I was not a misbeahver and I was never even hardly stood up for anything anymore, I mean for chrissakes after 3 1/2 months how much more do you need to get honest about your intake?

Finally she begrudgingly voted second phase for me under pressure from our host parents and her host sister.  I was happy I NEVER had to live with her again.

That whole situation in itself was insane if you think about it.  Here I am supposed to be in therapy, and my entire therpay is being controlled by a girl not a year older than me and only on second phase. No staff intervetion or evalutation.  I wasnt going to see my parents until she was good and ready...and for her I was a great source of control...she wasnt going to give THAT up!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
headgamers
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 02:34:00 PM »
Wow,

You know its so true about the whole clothes and room search shebang.....I think the only purpose it served was to make sure that there were no small metal items that some of the girls could use to cut themselves up with.  

I do remember that most all of the girls that were non-compliant would begin to carve themselves up sooner or later.  

I cant recall one single incident when anyone ever actualy FOUND anything!  The girls had their standard finger/toes mouth ears and underwear search.  Anyone with half a brain could have hidden something if they really wanted to. That is one other thing about by first oldcomer that drove me nuts.  She made the nightime searches so drawn out that we all wanted to just strangle her...I mean, how much do you really need to feel behind someones ears to make sure they are not hiding a quarter-bag or an oozie?

Thats one of the things that kept me so "arrogant"....she would ask me repeatedly to seacrh my mouth so I had to stick my fingers around and spread my lips apart over and over...any normal idiot would be annoyed by having to do that and naturaly might huff and puff and groan about it.  OOPPs!! You huffed at me! Strike one down for arrogance!  Retard.

We even got chastized for being too "gamey" with each other if we got to having too much of a good time.  I got confronted and set-back one day because the night before, me and my newcomers were being really silly and tromping around the bedroom with our underwear on (we were already searched and locked in so I didnt have to be directly aware of them) and my 5th phase host sister got dropped off from her AA meeting by some 5th phase guys.  Well, it turns out our bedroom windows happened to be directly in front of the driveway and all the guys got a good eye-full of us girls in our jammies.  Of course this was entirely my fault.  Even though we didnt even know they were out there, I didnt even know where my host sister was or that any guys would be coming over.  I got ripped up one side and down the other the next day by each of the fifth phase guys that saw us for not being responsible and "exposing" them to weaknesses....can you beleive it?  I WAS THE ONE DOING WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO!!!!  Even my stupid host sister rode my ass forever about it.  I was totally at a loss as to what to say.  I mean...was I supposed to say "I am sorry I forced you to look at my half naked body through the window and expose you to temptation.  Please forgive me, I will make amends and try to get my priorities straight."? Right, whatever.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
headgamers
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 09:32:00 AM »
I totally understand where everyone is coming from, just because oldcomers didn't have "facts" that the newcomers were plotting something, they had "notions" or "doubts", or better yet they THOUGHT we were "full of shit".
Funny, half of the girls side that I heard about that told me that copped out on higher phases.
I think that they were trying to hide their own insecurities by blaming it on newcomers, that is pathetic
usan Minns