Author Topic: Get Ready To Set The VCR or TIVO  (Read 6227 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Get Ready To Set The VCR or TIVO
« on: December 10, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »
I received a memo from the Senior Associate Producer of a talk show that features a slim and articulate black man. The website is http://www.montelshow.com and is pretty informative.  It even has little trailers for each upcoming show.  The woman did not disclose the airdate of the show, just that the first one had been taped, and that they want to do a follow up show.  This is a done deal as far as taping goes.  Our story HAS been told and HAS been taped.  All any of us can do now is monitor his site for upcoming shows, or e-mail his staff to see when it will air.  Sadly, I was not asked to be a part of the first taping, but hopefully, the information I sent will help set the stage for the second taping which they definately want to follow through with.  Take it easy and Happy Holidaze to all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »
Merry XMAS Mel and Betty.  Finally the good folks of America will see what you two did to it's children!  The truth is the truth. Perhaps it's time to make amends the the people you hurt. Time for you to get honest..................

Offline The Butcher

• View Profile

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
Now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak...don't start celebrating yet.

No one knows how one of these programs will turn out or even if they will run it. The shows aren't live. They film them and then decide whether to run them or not. If the show isn't topical, emotional enough, or otherwise not to their liking, they could just kill it.

In addition, there has been some talk about using modern day victims, not straight survivers. Therefore, Perhaps the Semblers won't even be mentioned.

So where does this leave us?

Hopefull. Cautiously hopefull, that this helps get the story out.

No need for celebrating and setting yourself for a big disapointment later.  I learned that lesson several years ago when I helped a reporter, a respected journalist and seed surviver himself for two weeks with research for a big national magazine.  I partied with him, he stayed at my house and we became close friends. The chief editor of the magazine had actually suggested the story to him. He wrote it and sold it to the magazine. PAID. I sat back and said something big was coming, and it never did.  Someone at the magazine decided not to run it and their option expired on the story.

Moral of the story... don't get your hopes to high.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »
This isnt even to mention what creatve editing can do to a story.  

Taping is one thing, but the final processed product could end up being a creature all its own.  

I am totally supportive of this event, and I hope it gets the proper attention, however, I agree with Greg....wait and watch.  Thanks in advance to the people who participated and told their stories!

Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll  forgive Thy great big one on me.
--Robert Frost, American poet

...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
Radley Balko  12/10/04

http://www.theagitator.com/

Offline mad hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
thanks for the informative article on tomatoes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
hehe, ah yes the ugly tomato....

Actually, that anon poster was trying to link to an archvie somewhere in there. Radly balko ALSO had a deal for a major article on the Seed/straight program. We were all so sure it was coming out, then he screwed the goose by releasing a copy to Sembler pre production, Semblers lawyers threatened the magazine, and they killed the story.

Another disapointment, another lesson learned.

This stuff takes time and effort. There have been some successes. The Agitator ran a blistering series on Straight, WAMI, High Times , and other periodicals have picked it up over the years. Thirty something years ago "these are new times" then a national publication, ran a story on the seed,complete with a graphic of a kid that had been Robotized with wiring and everything.It also documented cases of abuse. Back then they called us brainwashed robots.

Those that get their panties in a wad because something doesn't work out just don't understand how the world works.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »
Scroll down past the tomato story.   :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
On 2004-12-10 09:56:00, GregFL wrote:

Those that get their panties in a wad because something doesn't work out just don't understand how the world works."

:nworthy:  :nworthy:

Animals, are you paying close attention?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
I see it now. Thanks!

Rodney Balko is a journalist that gets the whole story..right down to how kids are abused and people overlook it because of the supposedly noble fight against drugs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »
OK so can someone who knows tell us, which treatment centers were they interested in in the show they taped? I know it's current ones so Im thinking SAFE, or KHK. Does anyone have the specifics on this? I would think there would be some info on what they talked about etc...

Offline GypSeA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »
Hey guys!!!

I read over this and totally understand your thoughts on how will it come out after it gets edited etc.  Anyway - I was in L.I.F.E  Sarasota- then Growing Together in Lake Wirth Fl.  A reporter, Trevor Aaronson was recently in touch with me stating he was doing research on Growing Together and asked to speak to me...I was to scared of my words being twisted and just didnt trust the guy so I didnt call him.  He did publish an article and I wanted to share it with you guys...some mention of Sembler is on pg 3

http://www.newtimesbpb.com/issues/2004- ... ure_1.html

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »
What is it that I'm supposed to pay close attention to?  I keep watching and waiting for something big to happen.  I still don't believe all of these 'small successes' are adding up into anyone's mind.  We need an uncut fucking violent as hell movie or a war; and one that trashes the shit out of our perpetrators.  I agree with whoever said that the editing room of Montel works close with Montel's attorneys and most of the gutwrenching things adult survivors are really going to want to say against their predators will be edited out for legal reasons.

I already knew this one was coming out on television.  Wes used his words to make it sound like Montel is gonna be talking Directly about Straight Inc.  Not true.  I had to write a bogus email just to get the information about a show I already knew was coming.  A few of us wrote to Montel a few weeks ago. My relative watches Montel shows all day. I don't personally consider Montel very major.  Do you?

"Major Law Firm to consider Class Action Suit..."

"Major Talk Show to interview survivors of Straight..."

"Major news, though we can't tell you what it is, on the horizon..."

hype.

Yeah, I guess I am paying attention to what you're saying. How about trying this: how about if you're going to act like you're in the know about some shit that is going on or whatever ... why don't you do it Privately and investigate it fully before coming on a 'therapeutic' site and getting people's panties in knots about shit that's not true. Or don't.  I don't give a fuuuuuuuuck.  But, kudos to all who come here.  I wish you the spirit of community.  welcome here, there are no rules.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
You are the only one with your panties in a knot.

As usual.

Stop "watching and waiting for something big to happen".

You are just setting yourself up for disapointment. Try instead to work on something constructive, like your shit poor attitude and people skills.