Author Topic: Who maintains this site?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« on: December 03, 2004, 03:42:00 AM »
DELETE
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:53:22 AM by shaneunc »

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 05:08:00 AM »
Shane, many of the "survivors" are upper phase straightlings who are still working the program against each other here and now. Sometimes it stinks just like group; and I love it. Jason
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »
I know! I feel like I'm trapped with the same bunch of people all over again. Now we're in an e-warehouse.

Misbehaver: Are you saying that there are actual phasers from current straight spin-offs reading and posting on this site? Unbelievable. Isin't there some sort of rule against this? Not that I'm against them coming here to find out what they're really involved in, but I wouldn't stay in straight one more day (if I ever had the choice) if I read the stuff on this and Wes's site.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
Nice to hear from you Shane. Long time no speak.

The letter you got actually directed you to Don's yahoo list but you are welcome here.

For the record, Ginger and her husband maintain and run the site and I help her with moderation and administration. It is totally gratis work, not one thing is expected in return except participation and a little respect for the forum.

Ginger has a policy of an open forum to help faciliate discussion. No one would disagree with you except maybe a few that this has been abused here. I am sorry for some of the more vile posts. Rest assured most of them come from a very small minority of people here.

Once again, good to see you and welcome back. Please ignore the trolls.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »
Shane, many of the "survivors" are upper phase straightlings who are still working the program against each other here and now. Sometimes it stinks just like group; and I love it. Jason

::bandit::  :flame:  :rofl:

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 02:08:00, misbehaver wrote:

"Shane, many of the "survivors" are upper phase straightlings who are still working the program against each other here and now. Sometimes it stinks just like group; and I love it. Jason"

I think it's wonderful that the phasers are reaching out to you druggie cretins.  They're truly working their 7th Step, carrying the message to druggies that need to hear it. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a blue chair on the front row of the new, improved, all-ages Straight, Inc. v2.0! Love ya!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 04:16:00, shady grove wrote:

"I know! I feel like I'm trapped with the same bunch of people all over again. Now we're in an e-warehouse.

Misbehaver: Are you saying that there are actual phasers from current straight spin-offs reading and posting on this site? Unbelievable. Isin't there some sort of rule against this? Not that I'm against them coming here to find out what they're really involved in, but I wouldn't stay in straight one more day (if I ever had the choice) if I read the stuff on this and Wes's site."

SG, I wasn't implying that people who are in Straight spin-offs post vomitus at survivors; we got the real thing, baby! Sometimes it seems just like the 4th phase frontal assault against whomever is "stood up". As before, I enjoy sitting back while the beast chews its own fur.
"I love the smell of [phasers ranting] in the morning. It smells like...Victory! (Col. Kilgore)
Jason

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »
The above post was mine. I also want to express my gratitude to Ginger&Fornits for hosting this site. It has helped me examine, compare and exorcise the tumor that was Straight. Thanks.
Jason

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
Hey, even I wouldn't disagree that some of the shit posted here is... well, shit. There's just no more apt term for it.

Here's why I won't shut this forum to anon posters or moderate/edit out the more objectionable stuff.

For one thing, the therapeutic community program model has proven to be extremely effective. Not the least bit therapeutic, imo, but very, very effective. As a result, a lot (possibly a majority) of the folks for whom I keep this place open are... a little rough around the edges. So it would be counterproductive for me to try and prevent hostile, hurt, paranoid or otherwise antisocial people from participating. Everyone has their off days.

Next, who's to say my judgement is good enough? What if I'm having a bad day and take things the wrong way?

The other main reason for leaving it to anarcy (not chaos, mind you. Nature abhors chaos so I don't have to) is what Greg mentioned. There are not enough hours in the day, even if I could pay a staff, to thoughtfully monitor every conversation. There have been a lot of conversations in these forums that are sort of inside jokes/jabs. What if I were to try and pick the good guy and I picked wrong? I'd rather just leave it to you to read what you want, skip what you want and make your own determination.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »
that's my two cents

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »
GregFL,

You already know what I told you about adressing me directly or indirectly.  You say whatever you like and then tell others they can't say the very same slanderous and vile things that you yourself just said.  You call people names and claim yourself to be some mogul, but your just lucky you have the privilege that you abuse to monitor such a hypocritical website.

If rules are going to be made, the monitors and owners or whomever is staffing this shit: shouldn't they be Allowed to follow their own rules, too. Such as not lieing, and remembering to be organized and non abusive?

Hell, I'm all for the Free/for/All ad hominem abuse on these forums, it lets me replay old tapes and blow off steam, and I'm especially all for hyped up garbage when I see it being done by the people who run this shit right here!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »
On 2004-12-04 09:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"GregFL,

You already know what I told you about adressing me directly or indirectly.  You say whatever you like and then tell others they can't say the very same slanderous and vile things that you yourself just said.  You call people names and claim yourself to be some mogul, but your just lucky you have the privilege that you abuse to monitor such a hypocritical website.

If rules are going to be made, the monitors and owners or whomever is staffing this shit: shouldn't they be Allowed to follow their own rules, too. Such as not lieing, and remembering to be organized and non abusive?

Hell, I'm all for the Free/for/All ad hominem abuse on these forums, it lets me replay old tapes and blow off steam, and I'm especially all for hyped up garbage when I see it being done by the people who run this shit right here!"

What?  Just go the fuck away.

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
none[ This Message was edited by: Pietra on 2004-12-12 09:51 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »
Pietra, I have no problem with animals per se. I am however offended when people are called "gaping....ssies and other foul attack language. This is not how people should be treated nor how adults should behave towards one another...especially in a cowardice way such as anonymously on a website. That is my personal opinion. Period.

We have other issues as well that you aren't privy, but Gingers direction is clear and this is her forum so you have little to worry about. It would take very very much to have to ban someone, and if it ever came to that action would certainly offend someone, just as his childish intionally disruptive behavior has offended people now. This thread is an example, Shane, a very nice thoughtfull straight survivor disappeared for a while and came back to this come down on attack behavior being demonstrated here and was appalled. I don't blame him. However, YOu can never make everyone happy nor should you try.  All we can try to do is foster an environment that is conducive to what we are trying to accomplish here, an open forum where people feel comfortable talking openly about a very serious subject, one that touches us all personally.  

Animals is welcome here no more or no less than anyone else. I would also like to invite him to join in with a spirit of community and respect to the people here  and stop trolling, being extremely foul and intentionally disrupting threads under multiple log ins.  That is all.  IF he wants to hate me, it doesn't change these facts at all.  Nor does it matter.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Who maintains this site?
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
On further thought, Pietra, I am deleting my first post and letting the second one stand. I think it is much clearer and less personal than the first one. You have a valid point.