Author Topic: druggie friends  (Read 1668 times)

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
druggie friends
« on: September 07, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »
The legendary druggie friend myth. Straight made it out that anyone who smoked weed was the devil or an ass hole. They turned my family against alot of friends. I find it disgusting all these rules and regulations that were put on us. Thank God we're all out of there now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie friends
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 08:58:00 AM »
They considered my sister a "druggie" friend because of the fact that I smoked pot a few times with her before Straight, they found this out about 4 months after my intake and I was not to write to her or have any contact with her until my aftercare or until I left Straight.
I missed a few things that she did in collage, and she was lead chair a few times in the orchestra playing the violin.
I can't get these things back, but she was frustrated and upset at Straight for the longest time that she is my only sibling.
We are closer than ever now
usan Minns

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
druggie friends
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 12:51:00 AM »
glad you and your sister are closer.  that is important.   you are fortunate.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie friends
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 12:16:00 AM »
Well, since she is the only sister I have and have no brothers at all, we remain close and allow the past to be just that.
We know we can't change what happened, so we don't bother to rekindle the situations we've been through our whole lives.
We've also come to terms with a lot of things that we've argued about in the past (and not really much of that), also she won't talk about Straight a whole lot, so I have sites like these I can talk to and everyone understands here more of what I went through anyway.
So, it really helps with allowing our bond to be closer with her and I
usan Minns

Offline Sunshinegirl0420

• View Profile
druggie friends
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 12:52:00 AM »
hey ladyj, i too am in the same position, except i have a brother and no sisters.   he got trapped in straight too. he was ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!  it broke my heart to see  him on front row. thankfully he  only stayed about three months. we are very close these days.  he and his girlfriend are expecting a daughter in  the middle of november!!!!!  its hard though, we dont speak to our mother .  she is a basket case. we are gonna be fine though.  i too am thankful having the forums. he doesnt talk much about the program either. i have had so many mixed feelings thinking about all of it again

[ This Message was edited by: Sunshinegirl0420 on 2002-09-14 22:08 ]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
druggie friends
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 09:33:00 AM »
Wow, 11 years old? I didn't think Straight was able to admit anyone until they were at least 12 or 13. Hmm.. at least he wasn't in long, but I'm sure even the slightest bit of what he saw during his childhood still haunts him.
Men in general have a difficult time discussing feelings and thoughts about bad things (it's like using a nutcracker and a chainsaw at the same time just to get information out of my fiance).. lol
But seriously, I'm glad you have someone in your family that you can be close with, seems like your mom wasn't there for you in your times of trouble and devisation.
My father died a few years ago, so it's just me, my mom and my sister, but we do the best we can with what we have now.
My heart goes out to you and your brother, I'm happy to hear that he is doing well though. :smile:
usan Minns