Author Topic: Write to Dr. Phil!!  (Read 15109 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
'Suess' of the Carolinas is actually SUWS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »
We should also write to Oprah. Oprah gave Dr Phil his opportunity on TV. I don't believe she would condone Dr Phil's behavior on this issue.He may listen to her input.

http://www.Oprah.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
Who has been baiting this forum recently, or appears to have. Many posts asking for experiences with this program.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »
What's SUWS stand for? (full name of the program)

I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »
Its owned by aspen education group... same guys that own turn about ranch. IIRC I got it off the drphil website.

Wonder what he's going though in 'treatment'  :roll:

What sucks for me, is I live in NC, this is my damn backyard. Should I go scope the place out or something?

Also... I really, really, really think this is just a obvious sellout and a marketing ploy by the industry. Afterall if DOCTOR PHIL SAYS ITS GOOD, IT CANT BE BAD!

I wonder if thursday morning's ep with the girl who "made up stories to go home" is also planted.  Nothing like pitching the programs to parents and then on the same damn show the next day go on about how anything bad is manipulation and the programs can do *no* wrong, yet on the same show he goes over abuse.

Why on EARTH is there such a problem with lack of criticism and distrust in america these days? We need a lot more of it!

Totalitarianism is like a specter which drinks the blood of the living and so achieves reality, while the victims go on existing as a mass of living corpses.

http://www.whitecloud.com/fight_vs_totalitarianism.htm' target='_new'>Karl Jaspers, The Fight Against Totalitarianism (1963)

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »
The School of Urban and Wilderness Survival

I'm researching them now. Will post anything significant.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
Were you all aware that PCS takes kids with  violent tendencies?  Many won't - as long as the parents are honest about ALL the issues.  I've known families who failed to mention little Johnny's mutilations of animals, or little Sara's consistently applying choke holds on her baby brother and do get admitted to some of the other ones - then get pissed off when they are asked to bring their child home to transfer to another place.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »
PCS will take anyone who can pay the rate. They say they treat kids with mild to moderate behavior AND education problems on their website. They fail to mention that they also take kids who are sent there by the courts.  They also fail to mention that the children have less rights than prisoners and all - regardless of diagnosis - are treated with the same warped, punitive behavior modification.  
Enrollment is down now - PCS is interested in MONEY FIRST and FOREMOST.  That's what this industry is all about - making money off of desparate and disfunctional families who happen to have troubled children as a result of their divorses, remarriages, drug and alcohol dependancy, inattentivness and/or lack of parental skill and discipline.    

Don't let your dogma run out in front of your karma.
--Anonymous

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »
I watched his show today about a young woman from down under with a severe eating disorder. She was so afraid to change that she tried to get her parents to bring her home early.  When she finally gave up the outer control, she seemed to be learning inner control.  She looked fantastic! Mom and dad said there was no way she was coming home early!  Dr. Phil said dad was co-dependent and not as strong as mom and this was a family process.  Sound familiar?  

The biggest thing I agree with is that parents need to make this decision for their children when their children can't see or agree that they have a problem bigger than the parents or the child has the knowledge for.  Leave it to the experts, not the parents.  

Is part of being co-dependent thinking they know better than the experts?

Whatever the outcome, the girl has been given an tremendous gift to take advantage of.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »
Leave it to the experts. . .
And I suppose you include Doc Phil in that category?

I and others would beg to differ.
In my opinion, doc Phil is nothing more than a new age pop psyche guru, who happened to tickle Oprah's ear at some point - and so got himself made famous.

I have always felt he was doing more harm than good and have often seen him treat people in a demeaning and ignorant manner. I have seen him tell OCD patients that they knew what they were doing was crazy and they should just stop it. Couldn't be a more useless and destructive thing to say to such a person.

There has long been talk on telling doc Phil about the program and the abuse; and I have long said he would just love it. The seminars are exactly his style and I wouldn't be surprised to find him facilitating.

You think the goon likes Provo? Just wait till he discovers WWASP.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »
You really can't trust the psychological industry. It is not an objective science - it is entirely subjective.  Diagnosis is made based on behavior and thoughts.  Most teenagers go through a rebellious period.  It is now trendy for psychologists to send children to residential treatment.  It's being recommended to most people who seek counseling for difficult teenagers.  
These residential programs are a fast growing and lucrative business.
Most give finders fees to the psychologists who send them patients.  It's all about money. The longer they can keep the child - the more money they make.

I do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and there are many other of the postulates of the orthodox creed to which I cannot subscribe.
--William Howard Taft, U.S. President

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »
On 2004-12-02 21:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Dr. Phil said dad was co-dependent and not as strong as mom and this was a family process.  Sound familiar?  

Yeah, I remember a "Dr." in St. Petersburg in the early 80s that used to spout the same kind of bullshit---he didn't have a TV show, though. He ran a concetration camp.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »
What is "Dr." Phil a "Dr." of, anyway?  All I have been able to figure is that he has a PhD in BS...

Oh, and his message boards don't support the 1st Amendment...
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Write to Dr. Phil!!
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
True - his forum does not support the first ammendment - it looks like the only comments allowed are those from Dr. Phil's fan club members. No other opinions allowed other than those that support what Phil says....

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum