Author Topic: to Anon with Law Degree  (Read 20260 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »
Marcy I remember as sweet & funny.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Fran

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
I wish I would have known them the way you did. Marcy went to the same school as I and lunchtime was a rap session with Marcy leading the sessions and her making us feel inferior and paranoid that if we said the wrong thing the seed would know about it. I never felt comfortable with her nor Robin. If I have bad feelings for the seed it was unfortunately due to those 2 people. And maybe they were that way because of their issues with the seed. At this point in my life...I will let go and realize that they were victims as I was.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
Fran- why don't you also look at it like they were 16 yr olds as well.  Hey Robin intimidated me as a grad as well.  She was a much better speaker than me and she kind of turned her nose up at me as well.  In her princess like way.  Do you remember everyone talking about dreams back then?  I to this day rarely remember my dreams.  When I do they are extremely mundane and boring no excitement or fantacy.  Usually I sit up from a dead sleep and remember something semi important that I was suppose to do that day.  I guess thats also the extent of any nightmares as well... Anyway I remember about 30 yrs or so ago having a flying dream.  I was flying around Lauderhill Mall (which at the time was a very nice mall-not any longer)I was just flying from tree top to tree top - Robin saw me and had a look on her face like - How can he do that & I can't and she had a tweener with her skirt and I just smiled at her. ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
I wonder where the word "rap" originates from.  I was sent to a program in jay, fl that used the same word, but had nothing to do with any other program.  Interesting how the same word is used to symbolize such a destrucitve activity.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
It was a hippy word from the 60's.  Like lets rap.  Let's talk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
Jay, FL isn't that like KKK territory? scary.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
Ft Lauderdale, when you were flying around Lauderhill  mall, did you fly over to the record store and buy anything?

hehe..I worked there part time.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Lauderhill mall. That brings back memories. I lived pretty close to it as an oldtimer and used to walk around there quiet a bit. It was nice at the time. I remember going to world bazaar, the bookstore and eating chocolate tophats from vi's bakery. Man! I miss those. Haven't found them anywhere else.

F.L. I know you want to preserve your anonymity, but since you remember me...did we know each other well enough to speak? I lived at the guy's apartments in lauderhill (?) for several months before I graduated the program.

OH! And I just thought of something else positive I learned at the seed. Rusty taught me to play Nights in White Satin on the guitar. And someone mentioned smoke-rings. I was so tickled when I learned to blow those.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline marshall

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
Raps. I've always wondered why some hippy words were ok to use at the seed and others weren't. Man, like, chick (seems very sexist). And robert seemed to get away with using even more racey or 'cool' language. I suspect this again goes back to what art considered ok. I recall art using some beatnik era lingo. He was always saying something was a gas.

But cool...that was a definite no no. Along with far-out, right-on or out of sight (this was early 70's). Music by all those mafioso, alcohol-drinking and pot smoking jazz and swing musicians was ok...because art liked it. Music by led zeppelin or pink floyd was not ok...a bunch of druggie assholes...is the way libby described led zeppelin when someone requested that a guy playing guitar in the group play stairway to heaven. I remember the guilt I felt the first time I put on some headphones and listened to Yes while an oldcomer. Listening to non-approved rock was 'rocking out'...like thinking non-approved thoughts was 'getting into your head' or philosophizing or if you questioned the inconsistency of any seed concept..you were just analyzing. All standard mind-control techniques. Thinking back on it, I'm not even sure that staff would have denied that it was all brainwashing or mindcontrol. It was too obvious. I think they just figured it was for a higher purpose...the ends justify the means.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
Art acknowledged in the press the seed was a "form of brainwashing." My father used to say my brain needed a good washing. The f'n congress of the united states reported that the seed used brainwashing techniques, and it was common knowledge among everyone.

It was no secret, and your right, it was all about the higher purpose..."saving" little kids from certian death, insanity or jail.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Yeah- I think you would remember me.  What Apts. did you live in Cranbrook?  Or did you live in Lauderhill with that tall kid and his Dad?  don't ask me why I just remembered  that.  I moved to Atlanta in 79 I think, George T. was my roomate.  He was from Albany.  A bunch of people were from Albany.  Yeah you would remember me. I moved back to Ft Laud in 79 or maybe I moved in 78. Damn I can't remember I know I missed I think Hurricane David. I just googled hurricane david & it was 79.  What time period were you there?  Oh may be it was those apts near the turnpike that Nick & his wife managed.  Where the guys had all the ferrett's.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
When Rusty brought his trailer down from GA I lived with him there at the trailer park.  I almost forgot that I was trailer trash for a while.    ::bigsmilebounce:: .

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
Marshall were you from Albany too or another small town in Ga.?  I actually visited Albany in 79 and saw Rusty's brother Jack.( God I remembering stuff as I type.)

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
No I can't remember the record store.  I do remember Orange Julius (always a food reference) and what was the name of the "Head shop" that was the cool store before I went to the Seed. I do remember before Jordan Marsh was there I worked in a Dept Store there but I can't remember the name- I do remember I was 17 and I had to take my first lie detector test- they asked if I ever used drugs- this is before I went to the Seed I decided to be honest & really was completely in another world- I copped to doing more drugs than I ever could have done but I thought I was telling the truth... example= how many times did you do acid, oh hundreds oK how about speed =oh hundreds-  I think they felt sorry for me and never fired me they probably just thought I was strange or something. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Anon with Law Degree
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Hey Record store is your name Don?