Author Topic: 14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER  (Read 72884 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
I just wanted to say that i saw that you were talking about San Marcos Academy, and comparing it to tlc, and i think thats really wierd b/c i was in both of those programs when things went wrong. i was at san marcos when the whole incident happened with the RA and him molesting a 17 year old kid, and i knew him, i was friends with the kid, and i was at tlc when reyes was killed, and i agree that tlc should be handling the situation like san marcos did.  instead of hiding and telling lies about everything, they need face the fact that they basically killed a boy, and face the punishment for it. and they should call parents and let them know what really happened, and if they arent gonna do that then its up to us to keep letting people know the truth about what goes on there, and hopefully more people will realize how horrible of a place it really is.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
Darlin', you've probably begun to realize that this sort of thing can and does happen at a lot of these troubled parent quack therapy camps. And that it is a rare and wonderful thing to have an investigator w/ real legal authority sincerely interested in finding out what happened and dispensing some justice.

Please, please contact the investigator. Check ID and verify that they are who they say they are before answering questions. That's no disrespectuful or rude, it's just prudent. If everything checks out, then by all means answer their questions under oath so that something can be done here.

Thanks for speaking up!

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark.  The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  
--Plato

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TLCNOMORE

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
I finally got a user name. I just thought I'd try it out. Just to let you all know sinse last Fridays filing from what I've heard the media is attacking TLC like a pack of wolves. Iknow for a fact ca. got ahold of it and Texas as well. If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about I'm talking about the law suit Reyes vs Thayer Learning Center. YOU GO REYES FAMILY! We're all behind you 1000% Pia

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »
Yeh, but $25,000?
Was that a typo which should have been $250,000? Minimum!!!!!
What's up with that? Are they only entitled to the money they paid Thayer to kill their son?

Offline TLCNOMORE

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
No you're just a little smart ass who should go back to tlc for another round if you think it's so great there. For a minute I respected your opinion until I read a few smart ass remarks you had to say. I thought the program was suppose to program you to be respectful?

Offline TLCNOMORE

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
Sorr for what i just wrote. I was responding to something I read quite a few columns back and I thought it would come up as well. My mistake. I'm really tired. Ibetter just go to bed now.

Offline TLCNOMORE

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
One more thing. $250,000, what's up with that? I'm thinking millions or they should own the place or something. $25,000 my ass they better get awhole lot more than that. In CA. that doesn't even cover the loss of a leg let alone the loss of a child.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&t ... yes+Thayer

Well, 5 hits right now. Not exactly the next stained blue dress story, but it certainly is encouraging!

Thanks for the heads up, TLCnomore. G'night now.  :smile:

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.
-- Charles Barkley, on hearing Tonya Harding proclaim herself "the Charles Barkley of figure skating"

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »
To TLCrescue,

I am responding to the question a couple of pages back, I think. You asked when did I go and get my daughter.We picked our daughter from a WWASPS program the last week of January. It was the best thing for us. I am sooo glad we did. I knew something wasn't right, the old mother's intuition, and everyday until we got her I got more and more anxious. She is o.k., wasn't there very long and wasn't touched physically at all, but she needed out of the mind control. Please everyone who has their kids in any of these type of programs, PLEASE GO AND GET THEM!!! You will work it out when they get home. They are not being treated the way you think. Please, please go and get them.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
I know what you mean about the anxiety.  My son was only there a week, but each and every day the anxiety got worse and worse.  I wasn't eating at all, I was barely sleeping and it started making me physically ill.  I KNEW I had to do something.  When we returned back home I took my son to be checked out by a doctor because of his various pain complaints.  Turns out, he has a fractured ankle.  One of the drill seargents kept twisting his ankle so hard that it broke it.  Then, when my son tried to tell them something was wrong with his ankle, they ignored him and made him continue to exercise 14 hours a day!

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
in response to questions about the dollar amount in the lawsuit..while I have not personally seen the petition filed in this suit, my best guess would be the $25,000 is the "actual" damages they have incurred, i.e, money spent on the school, funeral expenses, etc.  When it comes to "punitive" and "exemplary" damages, there is no set dollar amount, that is determined soley at the discretion of the jury.

Offline Mrs. Doubtfire

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
SUE THEM!!!!! SUE THEM FOR ASSAULT ON YOUR CHILD'S ANKLE....THEY BROKE/SPRAINED IT, REQUIRING MEDICAL ATTENTION!!!! SUE THEM!!!!!

MY GAWD, WILL YOU PEOPLE NOT MAKE THAYER RESPONSIBLE FOR HARMING YOUR CHILDREN? IS THIS WHAT YOU PAID THEM $50-60,000 TO DO TO YOUR CHILD?

WILL YOU ONLY SUE IF YOUR CHILD IS KILLED LIKE THE REYES BOY??? GO AFTER THESE BASTARDS!! THEY THINK IT IS OK TO BEHAVE THIS WAY BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RAMIFICATION TO THEIR ACTIONS.

DON'T YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT THIS PLACE?
 I DO.

IF YOU BROKE YOUR CHILD'S ANKLE, YOU WOULD BE IN JAIL!!!!!

SUE THEM!!!! LITIGATION SUITS DON'T COST ANYTHING TO FILE!!!! SUE THEM!  FIND AN ATTORNEY WHO WILL MAKE IT HIS LIFE'S WORK TO GO AFTER THE BUNDY'S AND WWASP's OF THE WORLD!!! THEY WOULD BE RICH, GET A GOOD SEAT IN HEAVEN FOR THEIR GOOD DEEDS AND WE MIGHT SAVE A FEW OF OUR CHILDREN.

BUT PLEASE HURRY!

Offline Mrs. Doubtfire

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
The lawsuit damage amount of $25,000 is a minimum, leaving wide open the options of filing for any amount the defense attorney thinks he can get for the Reyes Family.  

I hope they take every last cent the Bundy's have, but we all know the Bundy money is probably already hidden in accounts more obtuse and obscure than the catacombs of London.

Put the IRS on them and the US Postal Inspectors for not allowing our mail to go through, or gifts or.....

Hiding money, and opening mail that is not yours is against the law!  A FEDERAL LAW!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »
any damage reward would be paid for by the insurance company.  this wouldnt hurt them financialy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
On 2005-02-08 09:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"any damage reward would be paid for by the insurance company.  this wouldnt hurt them financialy."

*If* they're insured.  For all we know, it's possible that no insurance company would touch them with a stick.  *If* the details of their insurance policy cover this kind of misbehavior.

And even so, if the insurer has to pay out a big award, they'll cancel the policy and it may be difficult to impossible for Thayer to find another insurer---leaving them wide open to personally having to fund the damages in future lawsuits.

Timoclea