Author Topic: Casa Graduate  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Olp4eva23

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« on: November 01, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »
Hey this is Stephanie Fahey.  I graduated from Casa by the Sea in 2001, and looking to reunite with some of the people I attended the program with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
It's me Ashley Perrigaud. remember me? [email protected]

Offline Olp4eva23

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
Sounds really familiar....what family were you in?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »
Well, it's been a while. I wasin a few. Integrity, knowledge, and another. I then was switched to the campus in utah and graduated from there. U?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »
http://www.voy.com/58570/

Author:
Jade
[Edit]  
Date Posted: 08:26:23 11/10/04 Wed

I was enrolled at Casa in October of 1999 and was pulled 1 month before my 18th birthday in April 2001. I am married now with a beuatiful little 19 month old girl, and I go to church. I haven't touched alcohol or any other substance in 3 years. I'm finishing college to become a highchool teacher. My life is going good for me, but it wasn't because of Casa by any means. I'm not going to down size Casa by saying things that aren't true, but I will state my opinion fro my own personal experience. Casa did nothing for me. In fact, when I came home I was worse off than before. I experimented with harder drugs, and so on so forth. But eventually I came to my senses and I decided I wanted a better life than that, and I went cold turkey that very day and haven't looked back. Casa was an experience I could have done without. The only impact it left on me was that I WILL NEVER SEND MY CHILD THERE. There is a reason it shut down. For example, it was beyond unsanitary. We had to pick up other girls bloody tampons and pads if we had bathroom duty WITHOUT GIVEN GLOVES TO USE! Soiled bath tissue was always all over the bathroom floors because we couldn't flush it. The living conditions were unreal. Disgusting. The one thing that was the worst was I felt so alone all the time. I was lonlier there than I was at home, and kids need help. They need to talk about things that is on their mind. Not hold it in. I'm glad that this forum is here to help parents realize that sending your kids off is not the answer. Good luck with any problems or challenges you are having with your children. Let them know you love them, and try to realize that they are sad insided and that's the reason they are acting out. It's not because they don't love you. Find them help elsewhere.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »
::bandit::  ::bandit::  ::bandit::

The kids from Dundee and TB also talk about how gross the hygene is.

Why is this? Why can't the kids be provided with cleaning supplies and gloves ? Just the run of the mill common things one needs to keep decently clean?
Why do you force them to live in such filth and squaler?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »
ASHLEY
which Jade? The one that was Catherine's friend or the other? I think I remember you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »
Casa could be a lil dirty at times but it wasn't so dirty we all looked like a bunch of pigpens.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »
Unlike Jade I did graduate and I personally needed to be sent away. It did help me and I dont regret it. However I did get transfered to the campus in St. George. That wasn't bad at all. I believe that being sent away is NOT FOR EVERYONE but it does help for some such as myself. No amount of staying at home, being grounded, or other punishment was going to work. Believe me my parents did try all they could to help me. There was nothing but drastic changes left. It worked. Im successful now. I have focus and a will that is unbreakable. Again it's not for everyone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »
They obviously didn't try:

Taking away all your personal possessions, TV, radio, computer, telephone, newspapers.
Confining you to the house or your room, shuting off all contact with the outside world- including withdrawing you from school, and teaching you with booklets.
Severing your contact between you and other family members.
Punishing you with OP for looking out a window, speaking or moving without permission.
Taking you down for minor infractions.
Cutting out all snacks and feeding you rice and beans for punishment.
Making you earn points to trade for condiments, toiletries, and interaction with them.
Hiring a body guard when they couldn't be at home with you.

Are you suggesting that your parents couldn't have done these things? How would it have been for you if they had?
They actually could've done a much better job themselves, had you been worth their time and effort.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
How can you tell what these parents went through and what they tried, were you there? I don't think so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »
Were you?
Or are you sounding off?
Let the kid speak for him/herself.
I'd like to hear what the parents 'tried'.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
Was not refering to the kids comment.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
Casa Graduate
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »
They obviously didn't try:

Taking away all your personal possessions, TV, radio, computer, telephone, newspapers.
Confining you to the house or your room, shuting off all contact with the outside world- including withdrawing you from school, and teaching you with booklets.
Severing your contact between you and other family members. >>>>>

I had to laugh at this very honest response.  Only because it is soooo true.  Parents could not do those things to their child without having DHS remove the child from the home.  Felony child abuse charges filed against the parents.
Our son was victimized at Bethel Boys Academy.  He suffered his first beating only 10 minutes after his Dad drove off of the compound.  There was also no rhyme or reason as to who or when you would be selected for a torture done on you.
Yet, honestly most sane parents could never imagine treating their child that way.  But it seems perfectly acceptable to "pay" a "program" to do it for you.  Sick I tell ya.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Casa Graduate
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
Yep. My parent's did try hard. Therapy, grounding, taking my car away, etc. In the end it worked out well. I am happy, successful, complete, and where I want to be. Please, no one could control me. I wasn't allowed in any school in my district and the surrounding ones. There was nothing left. They did try hard. I wasn't going to listen.