Author Topic: screw whoever made the voicelesness post  (Read 5841 times)

Offline sweet_grl_with_a_bad_atti

• View Profile
screw whoever made the voicelesness post
« on: October 30, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
dont use my shit to make a fucking stupid aarced out statement u fucking loser[ This Message was edited by: sweet_grl_with_a_bad_attitude on 2004-10-30 22:06 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uts up

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »
who the fuck posted this?????????

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
Sweet Girl, I'm not sure you understood the content correctly. The original post you responded to was deleted, leaving yours there. I renamed the subject "voicelessness" because that person had just lost their voice. You kept yours.

The purpose of this forum is not to debate the benefits of AARC, Rehabs, addiction, or religion. It's not to be hostile or to carry on AARC/like anger. It's to support people who have left it.

Offline sweet_grl_with_a_bad_atti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »
i understand that but its jus i wanted sumwhere 2 vent i really almost hate aarc and the sober ppl c it so differently and think that what i say i say jus cuz i relapsed they are so blind to that treatment centre.
uts up

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
It seems to me that AARC tried to break you down and you naturally hated it.  Fortunately you managed to get out before they destroyed your psyche and you are justifiably angry at what they have done.  I suspect that you are seeking help to deal with the post-traumatic stress resulting from AARC but also other things.  Contact me privately.  I used to people venting.
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »
The ambulance chaser speaks! "first, we kill all the lawyers"

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »
I hate to break it to you, but if Hamilton was chasing ambulances he would have cought one by now. Not exactly a shortage on people who think AARC should and can be sued.

Sweet Girl; I don't mean to take away your venting, but you did say what you wanted to say, and your post is still there. I know that your angry and want to tell that to the AARC people, but as far as I'm concerned they aren't worth it. If they have space here to keep talking RAP talk, then isn't this board just an AARC board? Who the hell needs more RAP's?

Who granted AARC legal permission to obtain you against your will for 14 months? I know AARC tell's you their version of what their right is, but have you talked to someone about this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2004-10-31 11:05:00, velvet2000 wrote:

"I hate to break it to you, but if Hamilton was chasing ambulances he would have cought one by now. Not exactly a shortage on people who think AARC should and can be sued.

"

Well that makes a lot of sense.....So what is stopping our learned friend the ambulance chaser from sueing? Does he want the angry "sweet Girl" to contact him for a relationship? No, I think he is desperate to dig up some dirt, and has been looking for credible information, but keeps coming up empty handed. Boo hoo. Either that or he is one of these perverts who is trolling for young boys and girls with emotional issues on the internet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
Yeah when old men decide to pick up girls on the internet they go straight to AARC recovery boards *sigh*. Think it through before you type it.

I think that Hamilton is what you would call a "concerned citizen" with education and interest in this subject matter. He has already made great contributions in research regarding AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooo! Do tell! Well please don't keep us in suspence any longer! What are these great contributions? I do love a Crusader! Especially an altruistic one. Will he cut his fee in half for the good of the cause? I am dying to know!

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »
On 2004-10-31 07:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The ambulance chaser speaks! "first, we kill all the lawyers" "

Now that's an interesting reaction.  I don't think anyone has called me an ambulance chaser before.  Especially since representing children is not what you'd call particularly remunerative.  
Of course, ripping off wealthy parents by exagerrated claims as to what ails their kids isn't ambulance chasing at all is it?
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline BigJoshuaP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »
Jess, I have looked at the legal issues around that...if their parents signed them in, thats the law...they should go and sue their parents.. Or sue the judge who court ordered them there for treatment...or perhaps sue themselves for signing themselves in?... But do your homework, because your crack lawyer versus the aarc legal team will need it. They have covered their bases... thats why there is a legal team in the first place..

"I hate to break it to you, but if Hamilton was chasing ambulances he would have cought one by now. Not exactly a shortage on people who think AARC should and can be sued.

Sweet Girl; I don't mean to take away your venting, but you did say what you wanted to say, and your post is still there. I know that your angry and want to tell that to the AARC people, but as far as I'm concerned they aren't worth it. If they have space here to keep talking RAP talk, then isn't this board just an AARC board? Who the hell needs more RAP's?

Who granted AARC legal permission to obtain you against your will for 14 months? I know AARC tell's you their version of what their right is, but have you talked to someone about this? "
[ This Message was edited by: BigJoshuaP on 2004-12-11 05:48 ]
ou can bend the truth till it fits like a shoe, but your still lying.

Offline BigJoshuaP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »
I would like to see your research....Im sure it represents both sides of the story in perfect balance.
On 2004-10-31 20:11:00, Hamiltonf wrote:

"

On 2004-10-31 07:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The ambulance chaser speaks! "first, we kill all the lawyers" "

Now that's an interesting reaction.  I don't think anyone has called me an ambulance chaser before.  Especially since representing children is not what you'd call particularly remunerative.  

Of course, ripping off wealthy parents by exagerrated claims as to what ails their kids isn't ambulance chasing at all is it?  

"
:lol:  :lol:
ou can bend the truth till it fits like a shoe, but your still lying.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »
On 2004-12-11 05:42:00, BigJoshuaP wrote:

"Jess, I have looked at the legal issues around that...if their parents signed them in, thats the law...they should go and sue their parents.. Or sue the judge who court ordered them there for treatment...or perhaps sue themselves for signing themselves in?... But do your homework, because your crack lawyer versus the aarc legal team will need it. They have covered their bases... thats why there is a legal team in the first place..

[ This Message was edited by: BigJoshuaP on 2004-12-11 05:48 ]"

Now that's an interesting discussion -- let's take it point by point:
"if their parents signed them in, thats the law..."
true enough,   Of course, the parents have the right to do anything they like to ensure the child's best interests.  BUT, if by signing them in to something that is psychologically and emotionally abusive, it could conceivably be said that they have placed the children in "need of protective services"  And if the child, on coming out of the program can be demonstrated to be suffering from PTSD or any other psychological disorder then certainly AARC could be held responsible.  Of course, the parents might have a defense if they are able to say "well we had no idea," of the harm that would befall their child.  It would probably be easy for them in such circumstances
You say  "Or sue the judge who court ordered them there for treatment."  
Now on this you are confused.  A few years ago  a couple of judges did try to do that, but the Crown appealed (note- the government, not the parent)  The Alberta Court of Appeal has said that Judges do not have the jurisdiction to order what facility a person should go to, even if they are in the custody of Child Welfare or the Youth Justice  system.  A court can recommend, but cannot compel.
You said:
"or perhaps sue themselves for signing themselves in"
Well although what you say is an absurd proposition, it may not be so bad to suggest that if the child is being asked to sign a consent to treatment and consents without being fully cognisant of all the ramifications, or is being told he must, he may still have an action against the facility if he can demonstrate that his consent was obtained by fraud or duress.  There's more than one way to skin a cat/    

You say
"But do your homework, because your crack lawyer versus the aarc legal team will need it. They have covered their bases... thats why there is a legal team in the first place.."

Well, even the best laid legal schemes can go askew.
And we now have AARC with full government backing because they have been "accredited".  But really that does not mean they cannot be sued....  Think of all the residential schools and the abuse that they heaped upon natives.  The orphanages?  AARC might think that accreditation brings in more clients.  It certainly brings in more government $$$$$$$$$'s.   But they will have to be careful with that because it also enables the Children's Advocate to investigate .... although he may be a bit of a toothless dragon he should not, however be underestimated.
One last thing, if the child is in care of Children's services and finds himself in AARC and not liking it he can ask for an administrative review, failing which he can go to the Child Welfare Appeal Panel.  And if that doesn't work he may be able to take action for breach of his Charter Rights.    

[ This Message was edited by: Hamiltonf on 2004-12-11 15:21 ][ This Message was edited by: Hamiltonf on 2004-12-11 15:29 ][ This Message was edited by: Hamiltonf on 2004-12-11 15:31 ][ This Message was edited by: Hamiltonf on 2004-12-11 15:33 ]
uote of the Year

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
It looks to me as though Hamilton has hit a nerve>
But it seems what hits a nerve with them is the fear of the truth coming out I think that they are your typical high school bully who's cocky, but terrified. They believe that they have so many professionals backing them that any other "professional" is just throwing stones. But if somebody discovers them from the inside out, they have no defense.