Author Topic: To Relatively Recent ex staff of CEDU  (Read 1188 times)

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
To Relatively Recent ex staff of CEDU
« on: October 24, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »
I went to CEDU awhile ago and want to find out to what extent--if any--things have improved at CEDU.  Are the academics still a COMPLETE sham? We had two days a week, phony credits, and elementary vocab lists for high school aged kids.

Are the raps still totally arbitrarily abusive, ignoring issues for high emotional drama, badgering kids to admit to things they have not done, promoting bullying, over disclosure by staff violating therapeutic boundaries, lying to or manipulating parents, casting students as spies/bullies.

Are their still bans and agreements that are arbitrary at best but nonetheless create a highly insulated environment? Do students have any awareness of the so-called treatment offered to them or are they still ambushed by intense wacked out propheets and bludgeoned to death with a totalitarian CEDU value system?  ARe kids still totally cut off and are parents still told their kids are lying or manipulating when they air legit grievances?

Are medical issues neglected? When I was at CEDU, drugs for mood disorders and adhd etc. were really avoided. I hear it is not the opposite and kids are overmedicated.

As biased as this whole post is I really am interested in finding out how things have changed for better or for worse.

Thanks for your time and input.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hanlea

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »
when i was there, kids were being severely overmedicated.
propheets are still in full effect, i'd assume.
our raps were basically just screaming matches, usually...
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »
shanlea, who?  This is dust