Author Topic: Tampa Screw-Up / Moving to Shelter  (Read 1801 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Tampa Screw-Up / Moving to Shelter
« on: September 03, 2002, 06:04:00 AM »
Following all the refreshers and people set back a phase or two, the group went from a day-time total of around 80 kids to well over 150.  The competition proved to be too much for me to handle, so once again, I turned on the juice and became a JERK, only this time with a lot more anger and determination.  These were the final days of life in the Milton Roy Building.  There was a lot of yelling, a few good fights broke out, one intake actually tried splitting the building and wound up running straight into the group during medication rounds.  That was pretty wild, getting tackled and restrained before you are even in the damn program, but it happened.  During this time there were several other clients like myself, who highly resented the intrusion of all these goddamn Tampa people who had screwed up.  It had said in the paperwork that we signed on our intake, that if we used drugs or had sex with another client, that we were to become terminated from the program and that our parents were entitled to no refund........period.  Me and other newcomers would discuss this at the drop-off's houses in the mornings.  Drop-offs were one of the few places where newcomers could communicate freely with one another. There was a growing anomosity towards all these Tampa Screw-Ups.  The way we looked at it, they all should have had their asses kicked out of the program for good, they conned there way through once, and would do it again, and were all just wasting our time and holding us up from moving through our programs.  One Saturday morning several of us made a pact to disrupt the Tampa clients as much as possible.  We went into the building with a purpose in mind, and proceeded to cause as much disruption as possible.  Our first tactic was to loudly clear our throats or cough whenever a Tampa person was called on, so that no one could hear them relate.  This went on all damn day, until finally Liz stopped her rap and stood a bunch of us up and asked point blank what the hell we were up to.  The truth came out and all hell broke loose.  Fists flew, and several guys got punched around by pissed off "in-towners" and for a brief moment justice was served.  A new mood settled over the group. It was now clear that those of us on lower phases were more than willing to kick someones ass, if they interfered in any way with our progress through the program.  Unlike the rich, spoiled Tampa brats, we were there to get Straight, because most of us were court ordered and had no goddamn choice in the matter.  We were through having these pussy ass private school homogenized human poodles try to call the shots any more just because they had parents with fat wallets.  The look of fear in the eyes of these once priveleged

fallen angels was priceless.  After about 3 more days of scuffles, splits, and outbursts a new routine fell into place as we all got ready for the big move to the Morgan Yacht Building where even more surprises were in store.                  - end part four

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2002-09-03 03:10 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
Tampa Screw-Up / Moving to Shelter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
Bravo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}