Author Topic: Cascade School  (Read 40482 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »
I'm not sure where you got your info, but no one ever got tied down at Cascade. I hated that place, but none of the staff ever restrained kids. As for Paula... She's a bit of a nut, and will talk about the "importance" of schools like Cascade and the Brown schools. She's very into spiritual stuff like group singing and chanting and "vision quests". She's very weird. I would definately NOT hire her as an ed. consultant. Find someone else. Look up Jannet Spires in Lake Forest, IL. She's really good and actually knows what goes on at these schools. She knew Cascade was going downhill and told me that after 1999 she never reffered ANYBODY to Cascade because of the shady things surrounding their finances and the emotional state of the kids after they got out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by:  on 2005-12-26 16:36 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »
Umm... Michael Allgood is gay. I don't think he was ever married. When I was at the school he definately had a boyfriend.

Offline bloodpotato

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »
tuna's gay
greenberg's gay

laver fucking rules...
by the way...cascade blows too but I want to go back...so much less boring than real world...if only I brought pot onto campus.
mmm blow me

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
ANYONE WHO WAS EVER A STUDENT OR STAFF OR WHO ATTENDED CASCADE OR WAS AN ORGANIZER OR PARTICIPANT IN THE FINAL REFUSAL:

I am compiling data from all students, staff, from every conceivable side in order to make a feature film of Cascade. I am entirely aware of the gambit of emotions from those who loved Cascade and those who hated it. Anyone who is interested in providing valuable information via email is urged to contact me at [email protected]
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
ANYONE WHO WAS EVER A STUDENT OR STAFF OR WHO ATTENDED CASCADE OR WAS AN
ORGANIZER OR PARTICIPANT IN THE FINAL REFUSAL:

I am compiling data from all students, staff, from every conceivable side in
order to make
a feature film of Cascade. I am entirely aware of the gambit of emotions from
those who
loved Cascade and those who hated it. Anyone who is interested in providing
valuable
information via email is urged to contact me at cascaderesearch @ hotmail.com -
A
selected portion from those from both sides who wish to be part of this research
may be
asked to offer documentary style commentary in the film or possibly even be a
member of
the cast in the future production of this project.

Share your views and stories and I will respect your anonymity - and yes I of
course was a
student there. I also urge specifically those who were instrumental in the last
months and
days of Cascade and who participated in the drug induced orgy that clearly ended
the
school to come forth and speak the truth. I also equally invite any who felt
they found
themselves and experienced the deepest love to share their stories of discovery
and peace.
Do not fear anything and share with me your angels and demons.

EMAIL ME:
cascaderesearch @ hotmail.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
ATTENTION ALL CASCADE SURVIVORS...

ANYONE WHO WAS EVER A STUDENT OR STAFF OR WHO ATTENDED CASCADE OR WAS AN
ORGANIZER OR PARTICIPANT IN THE FINAL REFUSAL:

I am compiling data from all students, staff, from every conceivable side in
order to make
a feature film of Cascade. I am entirely aware of the gambit of emotions from
those who
loved Cascade and those who hated it. Anyone who is interested in providing
valuable
information via email is urged to contact me at cascaderesearch @ hotmail.com -
A
selected portion from those from both sides who wish to be part of this research
may be
asked to offer documentary style commentary in the film or possibly even be a
member of
the cast in the future production of this project.

Share your views and stories and I will respect your anonymity - and yes I of
course was a
student there. I also urge specifically those who were instrumental in the last
months and
days of Cascade and who participated in the drug induced orgy that clearly ended
the
school to come forth and speak the truth. I also equally invite any who felt
they found
themselves and experienced the deepest love to share their stories of discovery
and peace.
Do not fear anything and share with me your angels and demons.

EMAIL ME:

Offline Robin Kilwine

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
Who is this, and how do you know what went down at the refusal?  I was a part of it.  I'm Robin Kilwine, e mail me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
my son went to cascade from 94-95.  why did the school close?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
what was the final refusal?  i went to cascade 94-95

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
Cascade School   PO Box 9 Whitmore 96096   (530)-472-3031 by Elizabeth Ashley FInsthwait

I'm not sure where you got your info, but no one ever got tied down at Cascade. I hated that place, but none of the staff ever restrained kids. As for Paula... She's a bit of a nut, and will talk about the "importance" of schools like Cascade and the Brown schools. She's very into spiritual stuff like group singing and chanting and "vision quests". She's very weird. I would definitely NOT hire her as an ed. consultant. Find someone else. Look up Jannet Spires in Lake Forest, IL. She's really good and actually knows what goes on at these schools. She knew Cascade was going downhill and told me that after 1999 she never referred ANYBODY to Cascade because of the shady things surrounding their finances and the emotional state of the kids after they got out.
Write Soon! http://www.dougjuenke.com
Paula is a good person, though, she honestly was and I do believe that she cares a lot for the person in front of her at the time she is in life and going to be in to know a person.  She had a lot of people to teach at Cascade and interesting experiences from her schooling before Cascade as a person who wished to learn.  I miss her stories and liked her, although not always her information...So, perhaps in the society that we life today, some sort of a person as Paula is someone that might be called a nut.  She is also someone who represents that sort of emotional directness and honesty that is not common to people "out there."

I did not like my time living at Cascade School in Whitmore, California, at all.  But who did?  We were not there to like it.  Remember who was sent there?  Remember how much you changed?  Remember the truth, youth, friends, sisters, brothers, Imagine, and other workshops?  Who liked doing all the looking at life from an emotional standpoint at the time?  WE were only doing out the best we could.  It was terribly difficult for our families as well.  We each did the best that we would at the time.  I do think that Paula is the same as us.  She also was kind to me at times, like in a forum once.

Although there is a real reward system set up for people to do well, it is an extremely difficult state of mind to continue in after leaving the place.  Paula seems to be a person that is willing to help some. I liked her.  I liked Paula Rudy.  We were not at all close and sometimes she stated information that hurt my feelings, and we were not too encouraged to let people know when they hurt feelings.  Her sort of honesty is that of which is considered honest at Cascade.  She is someone who spoke her feelings as true to everything.  I cannot say anything bad about Paula Rudy, it is not correct in my mind to do.  Sure, she and I are and were not close.  She impacted the lives of many a person at the school.  I guess I am not one of the ones that she impacted in a directly real daily positive way.  So, Cascade is not a place where anyone was ever tied down, when I was there. Never, it was not and the founders are very good people as far as I can remember.  I miss lots of people who were there when I was in the 90's.  It was an intense program and helped me and a lot of others to believe in themselves and make some valuable changes in life at the time.    Rumor still has it that things happened at the school that I do not know about today, like the "shady" things done with money.  Sure.  I do not know that there were not things done like that.  I still miss the people who I loved and some of the teachers.  Art Tillis, Stan who thought zoology, the chemistry teacher Lou who knew Albert Einstein, Lisa Horn, and more people who I became friends with.  No, the financial information I do not remember, but I do not know that the people were not good.  Some might have easily become corrupt financially.  I wish that Eric VOn Meltzer would or could have stopped the whole mess, if he knew about the mess that the school was also in.  Golly, what a person that people liked.  We each had faculty who we called friends.  I miss so many of those people.  Art Tillis.  His wife.  The list goes on.  Ya know?    never knew were happening.  I wish that they never happened.  I really do.  I missed out on the gossip there and so now I am out on my own and it is terribly difficult to be here with the learning of Cascade.  I miss the school tremendousllly; it sought to teach us so many important and vital lessons.  it was too black and white for me, though.  I look back and wish that I had been thought that I was not to be the only RIGHT one in life.  I learned there that I was right and could not and would not listen to the people who loved me and wished to also share information with me.  I miss that place, Cascade, as much as I hated it at the time then, I miss it now.  I really do, those people came closer than family to me.  I miss the school a whole great deal more than anything else in the world.  I miss my family and others.   That place will always be a part of my life and heart.  So will Andy Schiell.  He was my first friend there.  And in the last months, he is perhaps the one who came closest to the truth in a forum when he indicted me.  I miss Andy tremendously and will do all I can to not harm anyone in life who ever harmed him intentionally.   Andy was most importantly the one person that was my first friend there, even though we did not spend much time in the end.  I do miss Andy and regret not calling him when my mind told me to. Lauri Funk is my best friend from those days.  I miss her friendship, too, (long story)
  ellizabeth ashley finsthwait [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »
Can people from my time please repy to let me know who you are?  I really miss the place and would love to be in contact with people.  Thank you very much. THank you all for being my friends. WHo is writing in the site now?  I am not a member of this site, or whatever it is asking for us to be.  Just had lots of dreams aoubt Cascade, today.

Ashley Finsthwait - going by Elizabeth now

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
hi, this is Elizabet Ashley Finsthwait.  i went to Cascade and remember no orgy or anything when I as there.  Un, ran into someone in Texas at my school who went to cedu.  He told me that cedu was un-over, also.  WHat is going on?    Please e-mail me.  I would like to not be annonymous.  WHat is going on?  SUre, Cascade is not 100% pure, what is?  Well, i do not know what all this information is aboout, all this Machael ALlgood and all the infirmation here.  I really am confused.  not ashamed to admit that i am confused, either.  Um, also, who are you?  I honestly wish to know the truth.  knowing the truth is what is good for me, usually.  Um, what is going on with you?  I live in Atlnata, Ga and in Buckhead.  Please contact me by e-mail if I do not contact you.  Thank you.  I was a student, also.     [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
Hi. WHat is all this about Cascade?  Honest, I know noting about the inf. i went to Cascade/  I do not wish to gossip, what is true?   you know, i went there.  it was difficult, but i understand your points, nothing lik eseeing something you hate going down..but there were some real good people among me,when i went there.  plese contact me. [email protected] that is my passwrod on this site, too.  elizabeth Ashley Fisntwhati