Author Topic: Cascade School  (Read 40373 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
please contact me.  -Elizabeth Ashley FInsthwait [email protected]  thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dracosun

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
I went to Cascade in 99.  I was the only student to ever run away twice and make it to San Fran both times, I stole a car to get there the first time, may be you've heard of me... anyway snaps to you for shutting that hell hole down.  All the brainwashing and the bullshit...I couldn't have stayed there for two years.  Tell me about the rebellion if you can, I am so interested.  

I am kind of pissed at you, because I had always had this plan to one day go after Cascade and to get all the fuckers that worked there and sue the pants off of them.  I was going to take pleasure in rendering all those hapless fucks unemployed and possibly in prison for their sick ways.  Forums, workshops, and the general rules that make up that place had to be in violation of some sort of law.  I only went through one workshop, the first one I can't even remember the name of it, but what a bunch of crap...0

Offline dracosun

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »
I agree...

Here's a rundown of what happened to the people I stayed in contact with WHO GRADUATED THE PROGRAM after they left cascade...  five of them got back on drugs, one of them joined a religious cult claiming that Paula Rudy had helped her
"find herself spirituality", one guy ended up hiding another girl who had run away from Cascade and keeping her at his Pepperdine dorm room for a few weeks until they found her, two other girls are now pregnant out of wedlock (probably had their babies by now), and Marianna Akre died in a car accident.
Yes, so many many great things come from this program...

Offline dracosun

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
what a crazy place...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
i dont know you, and i was only at cascade for just under 3 months, but i just want to say you are correct about paula rudy and she's a dirty whore and i hope she gets aids and falls out of a helicopter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
would someone please tell me exactly what happened on the last day of cascade? how did it close and what led up to it??? went there briefly in 98, did my best to shut it down, but at the time it seemed like everybody there was a zombie and i was the only one who hated it. i know i did some damage and am proud in the fact that  went on to wreak havoc in the cedu system. somebody please tell me what happened to cascade?????????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2005, 03:56:00 AM »
IF ANY OF YOU REMEMBER SHANNON...HOW WAS SHE A SLUT? WAS SHE FUCKING A BUNCH OF DUDES?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2005, 04:05:00 AM »
Also, what is the connection between CEDU/RMA staff and Cascade? I could never get the story straight. And which staff was it again?

I remember some staff leaving when I was there and I heard that they went to work for Cascade, but I have never seen their names mentioned in connection with that school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »
On 2005-09-09 01:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Also, what is the connection between CEDU/RMA staff and Cascade? I could never get the story straight. And which staff was it again?

I remember some staff leaving when I was there and I heard that they went to work for Cascade, but I have never seen their names mentioned in connection with that school."

Oh guess I should have mentioned, I was at RMA in the 80s when the staff left. Wasn't there something about RMA staff founding that school? Who founded it? I googled online and couldn't find dick about it. (Probably because it's closed now.)

Offline Shantron

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »
On 2005-09-09 00:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"IF ANY OF YOU REMEMBER SHANNON...HOW WAS SHE A SLUT? WAS SHE FUCKING A BUNCH OF DUDES?"

Wow, this is Shannon Adsero, I'm seriously hoping you're not talking about me.  Because I was never romantically involved with anyone at cascade.

And if you're talking about Shannon Greenberg, that makes no sense because no one would fuck her.

Offline Shantron

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »
Here, I wrote and posted this on the myspace cascade group, I was there at the refusal, and this is the most acurate account of what happened that I can provide:

mean there's really not much to say.
Day One: basically all the girls went to the girls dorm, then all the boys went to the boys dorm. We decided we were just going to stay there, and we spent a little while staring at the clock, anxiously anticipating every next minute that would pass by. Finally about five minutes after forums had start Mary(I think that was the one that came) came up to the girls dorms we were all lounging in one wing half dressed.

She pretty much begged us to come to forums. A few of us (myself included) spoke up and told her just exactly what we thought about the oppression of the school. And that we pretty much wanted them to start treating us like humans rather than paychecks. She left looking like she had just heard her dog died, or something.

After that we decided.. Hey! Why not go OVER to the boys dorm? That way we're united as a cause. I mean we went out on the front porch of our dorm and the boys were across the way waving at us. So we just mosied on over. First of all, the boys dorms were way nicer than ours I though. Like what the hell? They piss on the bathroom walls and their dorm was still cooler. So we all went over and basically about 25-28 people were in the two wings of.. Emmerson, I think was the dorm i could be wrong.

We were just lounged out on beds, couches, the floor whatever. I believe a few people were snuggling up, more power to them. A couple of boys decided they were just going to walk down to the general store in Whitmore and get some cigarettes. (By now we were all happily weilding the concealed cash we'd been hoarding) And they left. After awhile Eric Melzer came up to the boys dorm in tears. Again and again we were begged to quit what we were doing, or consequences would be harsh, blah blah blah.

I think we did a pretty good job of staying stoic. After that pretty much all hell broke loose. I mean, I didn't think it was that chaotic but that's when people started sleeping together, and when we went up to the dining hall and demanded food. Basically they started kicking people out(11 were kicked out in all, I believe) and threatening the rest of us. One by one, people started to drop out of the "so called rebellion" in an attempt to save ourselves I guess.

Of course, that only lasted untill the sun went down. All the girls got dressed up in our "illegal" clothes (strappy tanks oo la la) and put on make up that a couple of people had also been hoarding, all the while using our handy dandy, highly illegal straighteners, hahah. And then we all caravanned over to the boys dorm again. Some more people slept together, some more got kicked out. I'm pretty sure the night watch people were joking around with us. Like they didn't care much that we were going to be the ones indirectly responsible for the loss of their jobs.

I went back pretty early. I had different types of interests than most of the people there, so I hadn't really connected with a male beyond the level of friendship since I first got there, and I saw no reason to be around while girls preened their feathers and got ready to engage in sexuall intercourse. Anywho I went back and stumbled into bed, really. Then, a couple of hours later a friend of mine JUMPED into my bed and told me that she'd been there the whole time. Then kim came shortly after and interrogated us but nothing came of it.

Then, the next day we started a new block of school, and I think most people decided to just go. Me and my close group of friends were pretty down because some people we really loved got kicked out. Things pretty much proceeded like that for exactly one week, we had no forums, nothing. Until monday came, the day during which we thought we'd all be moving up, etc , etc. I was returning from a medical run, and when I got back I noticed that EVERYONE was gathered in the house.

The teachers, staff, students, everyone. Barb Cass was perched rather precariously upon the carpeted stoop looking grave. That's when she chose to tell us that Cascade would be closing down. I mean everyone including the people who worked there found out the school was closing at the same time. It was pretty horrible. I just remember people in tears all around.. It's funny really because you never expect to be sad that it's happening I guess. Sad that you're going to be losing people you love sooner than you thought.

We had seven days to be gone. A few girls left that day. And others left over the process. It was pretty sad I had a birthday while it was occuring and found that I had only a few friends left to share it with. We pretty much had free reign then, just watching movies all day, boys were aloud into the girls dorm, we had stereos etc, etc. I think people just gave up.

It was horrible to watch everyone leave, but I'm glad it happened. I don't think the school was really helping people out that much at all, but hey that's my personal opinion. I made some fantastic friends and connections there that I will never forget. But I know that afterwards, I ended up in a better place then I would have, had I stayed.

anyways if you have any other questions feel free to email me at:

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2005, 02:18:00 AM »
When was that?

Offline wiseup

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

Offline jrsusmc

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
I was a student at cascade 1993-1994.  Is there anyone out here that was there the same time frame as me?  I spent 6 days short of 13 months there.  (Not that I was counting or anything.)Get back to me if you think you remember me.  I was in left wing hughes dorm at first , but I was switched my my counsler bill mcnight because I was on bans with upper school and below.  So I was switched to right wing pendragon.  I left december of 1994.  I went through truth, youth, friends, brothers and trek.  Get back to me if you were there that same time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »
why do you say no one would fuck her?