Author Topic: The I and Me/The Summit  (Read 16577 times)

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
Break the silence and tell us exactly what happened in the I and Me and Summit. They say they want to keep it a secret? Don't let them. People deserve to know what happens there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »
I guess you didn't graduate.  But I did, a long time ago.  What I remember is people carrying you, kinda like you jumped in a mosh pit or something.  Gosh, I haven't thought about it for so long.  I remember saying a statement at the end with your arms wide open "My name is, and I am a beautiful accepting woman/man."  Or whatever.  I can't seem to remember anything more.  I think it lasted longer than the typical workshop?   I dont know, if anyone remembers anything else?

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
That's the summit that you are describing. You also had to dress up like a character....and we had to go to the mall and talk to perfect strangers (a funny story- a guy I talked to said he had a similar experience 6 months prior- turns out it was a girl in the peer group ahead of mine).
The I and Me they made us run up and down the road about a million times until we were absolutely exhausted and "Me" came out. Load of crock.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »
we heard that mel wasserman was like oj  he convince himself he could do no wrong and thought that he helped everbody. the only thing he helped was his own self interest. we heard he used to send kids to malls and force them to beg for money so his selfish spoiled offspring could live like the hollywood selfish insecure neurotic  brats they used to further the agenda

Offline Tinkerbell

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »
No way they really made u beg for money thats crazy. I left after the i want to live. But i remember them talking about the fantastic voyage for the i and me. And the imagine was just about pounding you it had some relation with the velvetine(sp?) rabbit. Also is there really a huge feast during the summit?......by the way when i put (sp?) its like asking did i spell that right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »
I went to Cascade school until it shut down. It doesn't appear all of you have the correct message so i will give you the rundown. One weekend the kids got fed up and planned. Monday they went straight from school to their dorms about 20 of 120 people did not participate and the girls wsent over to the guys dorms in bras and skirts. Then they all just sat and chilled playing music and shit.  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy: So call me at 925-381-3752

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »
day four was like hell on earth.  we all had to dress up and act out our character.  and the staff would just sit there and make comments under their breath, (and you know they're talking shit about you).  it's another way for them to distory you and make you look like an idiot in front of your friends.  i also didn't like when we had to create our own funeral.  (i don't remember what day that was)  they make you write your own obituary <- sorry if i spelled that worng... and read it allowed and then they put you "in your grave"  [ This Message was edited by: **PIXIE DUST** on 2004-10-18 07:52 ]
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
i hated when they told you that you had to choose 5 people, 2 of which you were going to "kill"... that was cute.
and i really hate most of john lennon's songs now thanks to the i&me.
aura solomon

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »
mikehunt, are you talking about that wraft exercise where you go around and choose the people who you think should survive and who you think should die?  (i actually ended up dying... :sad: )
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 04:09:00 AM »
Anybody who participated in the I and Me and Summit workshops should honor the promise they made and keep it confidential.

Flame away if you wish, but back in the old days those experiences meant a lot to some of us who WORKED like hell to make it through and graduate.

-HA

1986-1988

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
To the person that believes it should remain confidential what happens in these summits, boy do you need to relax. It is quite obvious that most people posting here have never found healing from the Cedu schools. I know I didn't. They aren't outing people by name for gods sake. I personally believe that if you are surfing the internet for Cedu likely some part of you was left at the schools. I know a girl herein Chicago that was there for maybe two weeks, she still has nightmares about Cedu. I personally had an even worse experience at Provo Canyon School so I can't complain too much about my personal experiences at Cedu. But come on relax let people talk about what they need now that we are adults and can choose to do so.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »
Work like hell to graduate? How about work over?!  It is therapeutically BULLSHIT to have participants who are young and impressionable to take part in an intense, psychologically manipulative experience shrouded in secrecy. Ethical therapy BEGINS with disclosure of treatment.  No professional would ever condone this crap.

If you think living at a place for two years closeted off from the real world in some pseudo world is healthy, and having people scream at you with abusive language is healing, you brought the lie hook, line, and sinker.  

To the provo canyon anon--you get it. Thank you.
By the way, was provo into mind fucking like CEDU?
hanlea

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
On 2004-10-23 01:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Anybody who participated in the I and Me and Summit workshops should honor the promise they made and keep it confidential.

Flame away if you wish, but back in the old days those experiences meant a lot to some of us who WORKED like hell to make it through and graduate.

-HA

1986-1988

"

honor the promise we made?  
some of us didn't really make a promise, we were just told what we were not supposed to do (it's kind of like breaking "agreements"; not many of us actually "agreed" to these.)
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
I would have to say that Provo is more into outright abuse. They verbally, emotionally, and physically and for some kids sexually abuse kids. They have no guise about it. One of the counslers Allison Beardall got her daily kicks of of asking things like "Do you deserve to be alive?" And if I didn't answer I would get in trouble for ignoring her and no matter what I answered she would say things like" You're less than human" or her favorite would be to tell me the best that I could hope for is suicide. She would tell us how much us human pigs disgusted her and her good mormon beliefs. I had 3 contusions when I was there and they broke my nose. I wouldn't say that Provo is worse than Cedu, they're both supposed to be places for healing and instead you are offered a place where they bait you and punish you for your mental health, insecurities and family problems. A overly present problem for me was one of the staff emebers who liked to have public discussion about my parents, "Hey are you actually stupid enough to beleive that your Dad isn't cheating on your Mom?"
Me: "No he's not he has to travel for business"
Her: "God you're stupid!What do the rest of you pigs think? Her Dad travels for business right? No wonder they don't want you you're so stupid, just kill yourself" So in conclusion maybe abusive staff members start their schooling at Cedu and once they're perfected it they go "teach" at Provo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
God. I thought CEDU was bad. This DOES sound worse.