Author Topic: Take The Best, Forget the Rest  (Read 10305 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Take The Best, Forget the Rest
« on: October 11, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I really enjoy reading the comments on this site and it is good to here that you have all come together and have attempted to do something to change the "evil" ways in idaho and california or wherever else there is a messed up school.  My advice to all of you, I am a cedu alumnist and I think you guys should take some of the good from what was there and forget the majority of the stuff there which was crap and move on with your lives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »
You are missing the point. CEDU at its core is highly unethical as well as ineffectual.  We want to save people the pain and waste of time and money to go there.  THere are others avenues.  

If you see an injustice, you right it.  From this site, several parents have opted not to send their child to CEDU. That is our goal.

The worst injustices in the world were perpetuated by people who saw and did nothing.
hanlea

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
On 2004-10-11 20:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hello everyone,

I really enjoy reading the comments on this site and it is good to here that you have all come together and have attempted to do something to change the "evil" ways in idaho and california or wherever else there is a messed up school.  My advice to all of you, I am a cedu alumnist and I think you guys should take some of the good from what was there and forget the majority of the stuff there which was crap and move on with your lives."

Unnammed "cedu alumnust" who knows that the "majority of the stuff there was crap", what do you mean by move on? What if your advice smacks of patronization and lacks empathy?

Moving on is hard because for one reason or another some feel that it is those messed up messages that were drilled in at such an impressionable time of development, and under often times undue stress or emotional duress, that continue to lurk in ones subconcious sabotaging the most of ones positive outlook on themselves and the rest of the world.
I see now that for me a major part of the purging of these negative images of myself correlate directly with those negative layers that were added to, at the very least, at CEDU.
The place said it was going to do the opposite. And for me it didn't. For a host of reasons that are finally emerging as I re-identify with my inner child of 14,15, and up as to why this is and what it was that had the opposite impact on me.
Move on? I forgot how to feel confident. I forgot how to feel trust. I forgot my normal thinking patterns before I went there. I am taking the good. I just really resent my lack of choice in the whole thing. I didn't ask for this much more self awareness than everyone else. I could say so much more on the subject, and I do hear what the anon says, but I am at this site in order to confirm my almost ancient belief now that something (s) happened there that were really fucked up and I am STILL reeling, though now I am armed with years of distance, and inside the anger has festered to bubbling muck of poison.
Danger, do not fuck with me when it comes to my own rights.
It was the wrong place, and I couldn't report what was up. Me and my family were duped. Move on! Drop and gobble!
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »
some of us have moved on... that doesn't mean that we can't still be activists and support the others who need it.
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
True dat!  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »
You people make me puke, you're a bunch of drug fiends who can't face that fact. You and people like you at this site who are just drugged out clones of you want to dress it up by bashing other schools, other people if they had the brains to take advantange of a chance to get sober
Stink stank stunk-that goes for you pot-embalmed bully boys and you skanky dirty girls none of you know enough to get over it and do something real with your life. Oh, yeah,you're "activists" at least between hits.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »
Is that all ya' got? Shot in the dark insults?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »
ANON, before you start shitting on us, how about if you tell us something that you've done to help the world.  or what have you done to contribute to society lately.  come on, tell me, i would really like to know what you have done.  i know that i haven't done too much, but at least my self and the other people on this site are trying to make a difference.[ This Message was edited by: **PIXIE DUST** on 2004-10-12 16:36 ]
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »
LOL,  I like what the anon said.  The truth is that we all get sent there but no one talks about all the stupid shit you did to get sent there, the only thing people do is bash on the school,  no one takes any fucking credit!  Fuck Yall, MAN UP!  Find something else to fight, the school has changed for the better so much, all you guys do now is fuck shit up!

Offline bradensmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.bradensdomain.netfirms.com
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »
I agree man, the person saying how much they got messed up from that school and they cannot forget it.  Trust me, if i forgot it you can forget it.  It takes some time to de-program, but you can do it.  I had it bad and I got over that place in six months.

Oh hey Anon, thanks man for telling it like it is, I am sick of people just bashing not actually realizing that they were wrong at one point to.  Keep up the good work.
=====
B-Man
======
Braden Smith
\":)\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
I'm glad you're doing well, Braden. However, if you are truly "over it" why are you in these posts?...

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
better question:
if you're so over it, why are YOU here, anon?
to spread the gospel of the narcissist?
 :roll:
aura solomon

Offline Tinkerbell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
so anon and braden u both are over it and say its peoples fault for getting sent there right. And braden u say u had it bad. Ok lets see first did u know that CEDU schools lie to parents make them seem like the program is something that its not and there still doing that today. Ok so lets just say that during my stay at BCA i was on 1 jumpsuit, 5 fulltimes, 3 restrictions, 2 tables, 4 programs, got sent away to ascent and to the hospital. U want to know what else it was all to waste my parents money i don't know if u knew this but they charged our parents everytime we got on a program, etc. Yeah and i mean i wasn't a cedu kiss ass or anything but half those thing were pointless like when i went to the hospital by the second day they tried to send me back because they said i didn't need to be there. So ok but u had it bad and u said u can forget. Well i guess the people here are coming together because they care about other people not just themselves and we want to make sure that what happend to us doesn't happen to other people u may not care but i know i do. Oh yeah and the reason i got sent to BCA u want to know the truth because i needed to go to a college prep school to keep my grades up but i also needed one were there was a therapist available for me to talk to whenever i needed one because i had just come out of a residential treatment center after 2 years and needed a transition. Just to let u know Bca was worse than a lockdown place (the res. treat place.) yeah it took my mom a while to relize that she had made a mistake but she got me the hell out of there when she relized all the bullshit they were telling her. So i guess u can say that some people didn't even need to go there. and some there parents wanted what they advertised but had no idea what was in store for there children. So if u still think what is going on is wrong then leave cuz u obviously are just happy ure out but don't care to help out anybody else that could be going through the shit u went through.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »
Better question--why don't you grow up "hunt"?? and, by the way your opinion of me matters spit, you sick trollop let's just say I'm here because somebody told me about this site and I thought we ought to cut thru the bs and clear up the fact that the regulars here are all in-denial addicts and a lot of them sound like psychopaths too.  No school could help people as messed up as some of the cases posting here--- it's too damn bad that when they were baby-psychopaths and savable they didn't have the brains/guts to suck it up and let somebody pry the drugs out of their hands andhelp them when their parents cared enough to send them somewhere And to other parnents who come here--- before you take at face worth the sick vomit that gets spewed about these schools have a look at posts of the lunatics offering advice to you.  Consider the source

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
My experience is very much the same as Tinkerbell's.  I too needed to go to a college prep school.  I was sent away because my parents wanted me to go to a private school, not a public school (anything but - god forbid) and I couldn't get into any.  So, simply because I couldn't get into a private school, I was sent away!  I didn't need the therapy.  I was shocked a what they said to me.  They insisted that I was a slut, and I never had sex before. They insisted that I was ashamed about being asian,  when I never had any encounters with racism to make me ashamed.  This was just a few things.  Oh yeah, I just realized, 5 years later, that it was them that convinced me that I was a druggie.  I believed it until just recently when for some reason I began thinking about it and I experimented with weed on only more than one occasion, but only within less than a 6 month period!  They made me tell my parents that I was addicted to weed!  I can't believe I fell for thier tricks!  Many people didn't understand why I was there, just because I "needed" to be in a Private school.  It just so happend that this was one of the only ones that would accept me!  This is similar to another boy in my peer group.  I think he got a bad grade C or a B, and his parents freaked out and sent him away!  I did graduate the program and got my high school diploma from there.  But with some sacrifices.  I had to lie often, make up things to put on my copout list, afraid that I would get in trouble for not having too many things on my list and during the workshops, pretend crying and screaming.  Yes, everybody has some issues, I'm not trying to say that I don't have any but there are specific topics at each workshop, and if it doesn't suit you then I guess your're just screwed!
Sorry about my ramble.

But anyways, I don't want to sound ungrateful.  I know my parents love me, and spent a lot of mony to send me there.  They have told me many of times that they just didn't know what else to do with me.  They, to this day, stand by their decision.  I learned that they will never give up this fight.  No matter how much schooling I have on this subject, testimonials, w/e.  They, like the people they surround themselves with, wanted to have the PERFECT child.  Sending me away was to make become PERFECT.  (Sorry, it didn't work...)

I guess this thread is dedicated to take the best and forget the rest... the "best" the only thing is that my parents love me.