Author Topic: If you like posts by hostile people, you'll love this guy!  (Read 9684 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
If you like posts by hostile people, you'll love this guy!
« on: October 11, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »
I'd like to start off by saying whoever started bashing AARC and the 12 steps is a fucking idiot. They both saved my ass. If it wasn't for them i'd be out there doing some shitty things. If AARC didn't work for you, you don't get my sympathy. "Boo hoo, i didn't even try. It's all Dr. Vause's fault." Shut the fuck up. You don't know what your talking about. Recovery and A.A. will always be there for you if you want a better life, but stop saying that shit. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "what a bunch of fuckin moron's." So on that note, i'm never visiting this site again.

ADRIAN MORRISON[ This Message was edited by: velvet2000 on 2004-10-29 21:55 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
:lol:

So are you trying to say that AARC got made you into the angry psychopath you seem to portray here in your writings???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
When the mindwash wears off, the sobriety is tossed into the gutter, and the questions begin...
You'll be back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »
When the mindwash wears off? When the sobriety is tossed into the gutter? Seriously, why are you even writing that crap? Go do something productive. It sounds like your life is a mess and so you thought you'd find an easy target to blame it on. AARC was a wonderful experience for me, life changing. I don't care really what you think. If AARC didn't help you, maybe you should go find something that will huh? or maybe you should waste your time writing immature postings on the internet about how bad AARC is. OH WAIT, you're already doing that. Is that making you feel any better? I hope it is because you're putting an awful lot of time into it. I agree with Adrian, this place is stupid and a compleate waste of my time. God Bless.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Then go away, simply go away.

"Immature"?...I'll admit to that.
"Productive"?...I am posting from work, so what I am doing (when not reading your posts) is in fact productive.
"Mess"?...No, I wouldn't say my life is a mess.
"Easy target"?...BINGO, teenage mindwarping mills and those that defend them are in fact easy targets.
"Time"?...It takes me no more time to tell what I think than it does for you to defend your program.

I am glad AARC was beneficial for you.  
When the mindwash wears off, when your own sobriety is drop kicked into the gutter, and you start to question the teachings of your program....You, too, will come here to have your questions answered.

If you feel this place is a stupid waste of YOUR time, why do YOU read and post here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
I would just like to say that this board has reached an all time low.  The comment of "when your sobriety is dropped kicked to the gutter..." has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.  From what I understand AARC is about teaching the 12 steps and then very clear that if you want to stay sober go to AA and live in recovery.  Now if you are not sober and want to blame AARC go right ahead.  Really it is something entertaining to read in the morning.  However you fuckin idiot if you go to AA your sobriety won't be dropped kicked.  I am not a big fan of what goes on at AARC and think that that part of my life is over with and it is time to move on.  However I am sober and happy and that is thanks to AA and AARC and if you aren't try a meeting...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »
I found out about this site a while ago, I've been reading what goes on here.  It is at an all time low but it will get worse.  That's what it does, just get worse.

People posting here mostly just want to justify their stoned out lives. That's what true but below the surface. They don't admit it up front but when you watch thier posts over time it's pretty obvious.  All the righteous indignation over one school or another it's really about somebody took away their drugs and they've been pissed off ever since

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
My OPINION, allow me to repeat...my OPINION after spending over 20 years in the field, after spending countless hours in both undergrad and grad school pouring over the academics surrounding such issues, and lastly after experiencing what I did in my own stepcraft based program, it is my OPINION that sobriety is analagous to your favorite drinking glass in the kitchen.  It may look pretty as it sits in your favorite cabinet (cupboard in Canada?), but the days are numbered.  It is destined to fall to the ground and shatter into a million pieces, eventually.  You can try to care for the fragility of it all day and night, but eventually and more than likely, the glass will be broken.  If you die sober, kudos to you.  You should be commended for living a life of conviction and determination.  However, if you do not, then you fall into a categorically common statistic.

I hope your sobriety works for you and I am glad that AARC has played such a significant part in improving your quality of life.  However, frankly I think (again, my own OPINION) is that AARC has adopted some very controversial and possibly even dangerous treatment modalities used to treat adolescents in need.

Maybe indeed this board has gone downhill as you mentioned, but it is undeniable that it provides for a great medium for those in favor of the program to speak out against those opposed to it and vice versa. Yes yes?

You suggested a meeting...I haven't the time, I have an appointment to smoke a joint as fat as your left arm in about an hour.
 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »
Who cares about your 20 years in the field, who cares about your statistics?  I am talking about taking care of your own life, the only one you've got and of living it instead of hiding behind drugs or booze or statistics to explain why it just isn't possible to beat the odds or the predictions of losers like you.  People,you can do this!!! Don't let the cult of failure and weakness at this site convince you otherwise.  And I don't think the comment about the joint is half an hour is a joke your way of thinking says that it isn't

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
Your are in favor of AARC and you mention "cult" when you refer to this site?????  You ARE wayyy jaded!!!  I didn't mention 20 years etc to impress you by any means (pffft!), I mentioned what I have learned and what I believe in my own humble OPINION!

I agree with you, odds are meant to be broken and I hope you remain sober as long as you desire to do so.  Steps, big books, cigg smoking, and coffee chugging cross addicted recovering alcoholics make me break out in a rash.  If it makes you comfortable, grrreat!  Different strokes for different folks.  Forums like this are about celebrating differences.  I beg to differ with your philosophy and AARC rationale.  We disagree, whoopee shit!  

You go to a meeting and I'll go smoke a joint.

My comment about the joint was NOT a joke at all, I don't mean to be funny.  It's a quality of life that I choose of my own freewill sans influence or coercion.

I am late for TBPITW, gotta go~~

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »
It is a cult---this cult of negativity that people like you try to spin as just another choice--so to you it's all the same--getting loaded every night, getting high every day, going to a meeting, they're just all equal choices, llike french fries or onion rings with your big mac.

I don't buy it, they're not all equal choices. Because getting loaded or high (you'll say it's moderate, once in a while stuff, thanks I've heard that one before), it's wasting your life and your future.  Going to a meeting isn't a guarantee but it might lead somewhere good, just by going you are trying to do something real and positive. You're fighting for your future.
Of course you want to believe it's all the same, Mr. 20 years of experience, of course you hate these schools that make people look inside and offer people a future--if you didn't hate them and call them cults and whatever else you want to diver with, you might have to look at your own life and what your 20 years have taught you

I don't think you are up for doing that

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
Fuck moderation~who says my dope smoking is in moderation?  I smoke heavily!!  "Wasting time and wasting my future"?  I don't think so, I think my smoking time is time well spent.  

Personally speaking, and speaking strictly for myself, going to a meeting is a horrendous waste of my particular time.  I am not an alcoholic, so I don't fit the mold with a room full of recovering folks discussing what they lost and what they are getting back in life. If I lost a leg, I wouldn't want to go and sit in a room with a bunch of other one legged men talking about how they lost their leg and how they are coping to life without that leg...It's not me.  I know that that particular program works for some and if it does for you...Grrreat as I mentioned before.  This isn't about AA.  It's about your defense of AARC and about your position that this bbs is a  waste of time...

I never said I "hated" anything....???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
I bet you are too----and I don't much care if you are or not but there are kids who still have a chance not be go down that road.If a school or a program like AARC helps them-- more power to the parent who doesn't let a kid end up like you, bragging about how smoked up he can get and how it's all good--it isn't and you;ve been wasted too long to even know it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
A "denial addict"????  I'll add that to my list of shortcomings.  No denial here, I smoke and I am happy.  Smoking is definitely NOT for everyone.  I would not advise for the world to smoke as I do, it is not for everyone.  Just as drinking, even fried chicken is not for everyone.

If the "kids" you mention never go down the road I have, I think that is super.  It has taken much time and effort to create a balance in my life that I am happy about today.  My parents are proud, believe it!  They are happy, I am happy, my boss is happy, my pets are happy, my dope dealer is happy.
What else matters?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
To the moron who that smokes dope.  All that I think is it is pretty sad that you need to come onto a board like this and try to tell everyone how great your life is.  I think that in itself is an indication of how life is really going.  The fact that you need to try and convince a bunch of people that you do not know and who honeslty don't care who you are is really sad.  It is one thing to come on here and whine about how your life is going, but to be you I think is one of the sadest things I have read in along time.  I am a parent of one of those kids who needs the help but hasen't been able to mantain sobriety and I think that it is Jackasses like you that are to blame.  Because the same bullshit that you spout off they try and tell me on a daily basis.  I still love my child but I am definetly not proud of him.  I also run a business and if any of my employees are caught using drugs there ass is fired.  So get real idiot and go back to your lonely existence.  I tihnk it is real funny that you have a pet that is happy for you but not a spouse.....wonder why?