Author Topic: Who's Posting?  (Read 1226 times)

Offline spots

• View Profile
Who's Posting?
« on: September 29, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
Well, well, well...seems we have a verbose poster with an identity crisis.  First a parent, then a volunteer, then a staffer.  Can't remember, or caught up in a web of lies?  Maybe a director?  At least we know it's someone with way too much time on their hands.  Narvin Lichfield isn't working right now, is he?  And he was never noted for being a rocket scientist, able to present an effective debate. He does have pages and pages of manuals and tests available to him though, as well as extensive information about the dealings with the Costa Rican governement.  

I have gotten several responses to posts recently that have a strange syntax, and no discernible position of interest (not a WWASPie parent, not a mad former student, not an evangalistic advocate, not an unsure parent).  No, if I had to guess, I'd say Fornits is making such an impact that we are being read and receiving posts from The Big Brass.  Glenda's sappy prose isn't here.  One response though was fairly grammatical and well-spelled, but heavy on the ranting without factual presentation. Robert Lichfield sounds like this in newspaper interviews. But my favorites have been the wild rantings, sounding so much like Ken Kay's statements to the press when another disaster is dropped at his feet.  "They're all liars, the media has it in for us, these kids would all be deadorinjail."

Rampant speaking out in Group.  Seems to be working, gang.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
Who's Posting?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »
Rampant speaking or just telling the truth?  They hate when the truth gets out!  Dirty secrets and business ties!  Expose 'em all the way!

Let's keep it up.  Some parents surely have to look at such places as this forum.  From what I saw as former staff, though, a lot of parents didn't have any time for their kids . . . a big part of the kids' problems, I do believe.

As a mom, I always made sure I had time for my kids, their friends and melding their lives with ours, the parents.  I always told them the truth, and I always expected the truth, even if I might not like it.  I'm sure I didn't always know the full story (teeeheeeehehehehee, at least my mom never knew everything that I did, afterall, that's what becoming an adult is all about).  My kids always knew that no matter what, they could come to me -- ALWAYS -- NO MATTER WHAT!

Today, they're grown, and we have great relationships.  I'm not perfect, nor are they, we are all human (at least, I think so) and we all have to get through different experiences to learn . . . that's what it's all about!  Free choice, learning, and hopefully, growing!

Toni

Toni

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Who's Posting?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
Hey Toni,
I appreciate your contributions here.
You're fairly new so you might not know that "Rampant Speaking Out in Group" is Ginger's term for a kinda 'grassroots' solution to the teen warehouse industry.
Given that regulators and politicians turn a blind eye, the best way 'to bring it down' is education... Rampant Speaking Out in Group.
She may have something to add- that's my interpretation.
I've been posting here for a couple of years, since I had the misfortune of dealing with the fruadulent industry, and have watched this forum really explode. There is nothing like it available for hearing the other side of the story.
Thanks Ginger!!  :nworthy:
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Who's Posting?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »
It's actually something that resonates w/ Seedlings and Straightlings.

"No talking out in group" was a hard rule in The Seed and Straight. It was just one of the anti-communication rules; no talking to olddruggiefriends, even those who were in the Program; no newcomers talking to newcomers; no sending or receiving letters, phone calls etc. till 4th phase; no getting into your head (which is arguably synonymous w/ no slef reflection or talking to yourself)

I bet ppl who went through other programs could come up w/ an exact paralell.

You're welcome, Deb. You bring so much to the dialog.  :nworthy:

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes