Author Topic: Alldredge Academy wildnerness gulag may be closed down.  (Read 2696 times)

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy wildnerness gulag may be closed down.
« on: June 01, 2001, 06:39:37 AM »
Sorry for posting this twice I accidentally posted it in the welcome area the first time.

Hi my name is Jason. On Friday June 1st my friend Alex was kidnapped and sent to Alldredge Academy in Davis, Tucker County, WV. It took me a while to find out where he was and that very day I received a link to an article in a WV newspaper about how the state has ordered it to close.

http://www.wvgazette.com/news/News/2001060656/

I have uncovered a lot of information including links between a senior staff member at Alldredge who was previously senior staff at another gulag where someone hung himself, and also where there were confirmed physical abuses specifically Rocky Mountain Academy and affiliated schools.

Convincing his parents to bring him home is not going well even as the state prepares for a hearing where a judge may order the school to close and send the kids home. I got Alex's Father to talk to me today and I gave him the number of Assistant Attorney General who is handling the case.

The AAG seemed interested in finding anyone who was a prisoner at Alldredge and can talk about it. Also Alldredge claims it is based on the SUWS program so any survivors of that program please contact me if you are willing to speak about it. This is a great opportunity to make a difference and perhaps gain some small measure of justice for yourself.

Also anyone who knows about the other cases mentioned in the article which I have not been able to find any info on, please contact me as well.

Finally I am planning a protest to take place sometime before the closing order appeal hearing (June 22). I plan to use a loudspeaker and whatever equipment can be brought and powered there to disrupt the program and tell those held captive that something is being done to help them.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
ALleridge
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 11:48:39 PM »
Thank you for all this information Jason.  It is extremly alariming the data that you have posted.  Please keep us posted on your findings.  I found this site that a Rocky Mountain Officer went on to work for SUWS,  but I believe  you already knew this at http://www.strugglingteens.com/a...ews06.html

Wes Fager
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 04:23:35 PM »
Actually I did not know about this, but it is not surprising. Actually the admissions director I am speaking of is a different person, but also claims director of admissions and academics at several schools including Rocky Mountain Concentration Camp and now currently he is working at the troubled Alldredge Academy Gulag.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge agrees to submit to regulations in deal with state
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 03:21:36 PM »
Semi-Good News. Alldredge and the State have made an agreement that will include hiring licensed staff, submitting to health dept regulations and getting a license to operate. They will unfortunately not be closing down, but this is better than nothing. They will probably have a short time to implement the regulations.

In other news I have recieved word that Alex sent a 4 page letter home that does not appear to have been censored, because, he states that he is ok, but he writes that he feels it was innappropriate for him to be sent to this kind of a program, and that his mother is the real problem in the family. I have not seen the letter, since it was sent to his parents but I am also told that when they see him Monday-Wednesday, he will be working on them to try to get them to take him home. This is his 3rd week of a 3 month program. He will have just completed the hiking portion when he sees his parents. I may follow his parents to the place on Monday just to see the place and perhaps find a way to contact Alex. Also I am now working on a way of contacting him through a faked letter from his parents. At this point, I have decided to postpone any demonstration at least till sunday. The judge hearing the case will see the agreement and decide whether to approve it or not tommorrow. I will be requesting a copy of the agreement and I will study the regs that are being put in place. Obviously I still disagree with this form of confinement but at least the place will be regulated and hopefully regularly inspected, with some procedure put in place for the teens to make complaints confidentially.

You can see the article here: http://www.wvgazette.com/news/Today/2001062036/

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Protest
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2001, 02:44:14 PM »
Ok, I am posting here to gauge interest in a demonstration in Washington DC following the conference. Perhaps Monday July 23rd. The reason I am doing this is because in the short time I had to pull a demonstration together for the Alldredge situation which seems on the road to a reasonable resolution, I got a high level of interest from a lot of people who live around here. I was surprised that over a dozen people beyond Alex's group of friends were willing to drive 3 hours to protest on such short notice.  Because of the new situation and lack of time, I thought protesting there is no longer the best use of our time and that a demonstration in a much more visible location would be better. I do not want to be percieved as hijacking the conference goers, since I will probably be there, but I am asking anyone who would be interested in a demonstration following the conference to email me at [email protected] especially if you are interested in helping to plan it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Oh, I'm there!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2001, 08:35:45 PM »
Jason, you're not hijacking anything! In I'm hoping that a lot of direct action will come out of this effort. My travel plans will probably be pretty open so I can hang around for an extra day if it works out that way.

It's not hard to throw a protest. Everyone make up a sign. Use regular school supply poster board and a couple of lengths of shim or trim wood to make a handle and cross braces. If you're traveling, roll the poster board up around the sticks and bring duct tape (The Force!) for assembly on site.

I don't have much faith at all in the promise to regulate these nazis into bahaving themselves. Time and time again, these programs have promised to stop doing this or that under threat of sanction. But the bottom line is that the Program doesn't 'work' without the abuse. And these people are masters at obfuscation and dirty dealing.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Re: Oh, I'm there!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2001, 09:45:36 PM »
I agree with your thoughts on regulation which is why I think the best solution is to reestablish the right of juveniles to have a hearing before being committed to a residential therapy program.

Based on the times that the conference is scheduled for and the benefits of having the protest on the weekend, I think the evening after the conference is over would be the best time, we could hold some sort of candle light vigil, the trick is just finding a good area that lets us do that, since some protest areas such as the capital grounds, prohibit any kind of fire or large signs. I will contact the DC park police about a good site, and get the permit for that night. Perhaps somewhere near the lincoln memorial would be appropriate.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge Stays Open-Agreement with State
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2001, 08:23:04 PM »
http://www.wvgazette.com/news/Ot...200106234/

Not the best circumstances, but I will be contacting the health dept, to get a copy of the actual agreement. If the state deems that the facility is not complying by august 1st they will close it down.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Alldredge Stays Open-Agreement with State
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2001, 09:18:52 PM »
Please let me know when you have that. I'd like to read it too.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Imone

• View Profile
alldredge
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2001, 11:05:21 AM »
Hi, I graduated from alldredge during the at the end of December '99 as the student leader and left setting the record of achieved credits.  I have witnessed MANY unethical, immoral, and unjust occurences by supervisors during my enrollment.  Although Alldredge sees me as a valued graduate soon to be attending a four-year University, i STRONGLY believe that an institution such as this be SHUT DOWN.  I will fully comply and cooperate with any authorities to help aid in an ethical, unviolating, and improving environment for any such persons.  IMONE  [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Alldredge Academy wildnerness gulag may be closed down.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »
Hello,
  I ran into your response to your friend in the "wilderness program" (or whatever you want to call it), and I do not know how old your posting is.  Anyways I was kidnapped as well and sent to SUWS wher I was medically neglected, and right now I am in the process of trying to press charges against SUWS.  Just thought you may like to hear from me.

Thank You,
[email protected]