Author Topic: "SUCCESS" STORIES  (Read 14163 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »
(What I think is creepy is the statements you think are fact.)

I been there Pal. I know its a fact. I find it creepy the way you can't see it; or can't admit it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
Timoclea-

I do agree with what you are saying about physicians, therapists, etc.  There's good and bad.  

I chose a naturapath, very good, in fact, because I was given synthetic hormones for menopause - totally drug company driven treatment.  Ever heard of bio-identical hormones?  A healthier and safer alternative. This is truly a "success story" for me.

I would see an MD or DO if I felt their treatment would be a better alternative. It is in some instances.

In other words, I'm not closed to alternative treatments, when I see that the mainstream isn't working for me.

I've done my homework and will continue to do my homework when it comes to my health and that of my children.  I don't self-treat - I agree that's a stupid and dangerous thing.

My experience of psychiatrists, overseen or not, is that parents looking for a quick fix for their ADD child, are prescribed drugs that I don't and can't stand behind.  It doesn't fix anything except for the parent or the school teachers.  It gives an illusion that the kids are doing better, but doesn't address the root behaviors that can be changed with behavior modification, positive support and diet.  Most ADD'ers don't need therapy, in my opinion, as one who knows first hand with myself. They need to know they aren't broken and to believe they are gifted and intelligent people that just don't learn or live the same way as non ADD'ers. THey don't need to learn that medication is okay or the answer to the whole picture.

Bi-polar is a different story.  Without the treatment to control the chemical imbalance, life can be very, very painful.  My mother in law was bi-polar (she is not longer with us.) She had a master's degree in education and was one of the most intelligent and loving women I have ever known.  When her husband died she quit taking her meds and was hospitalized. This happened 3 times before she died.  She no longer had someone to make sure she took her meds.  Would having had some kind of behavior modification (personal accountability) have changed that choice to go off the meds?  What makes one bi-polar know they need the meds and others decide they don't need them anymore?  I've seen (my sister-in-law) receive intensive behavior modification and stay on her meds and live a relatively successful and happy life.  She is one who says "so what, now what?"

What I'm saying is that a psychiatrist or therapist is not a one size fits all.  There are alternatives to those treatments that work,and are not regulated or licensed and don't need to be.  Not everyone will agree with this, and that's okay.  What it takes is educating yourself in the alternatives to see if it's a good fit for you. I do look for certification and/or results and wouldn't choose something I felt harmful or experimental (not to be confused with experiential) in any way.

I don't want the government to dicate to me or my family what my choices are.  The insurance companies already do that in the way of health care.  Many State governments already dicate what choices a parent can make for their child making dangerous behaviors.  

Who would "regulate" the number of teen boarding schools/residential treatment centers?  I'm for regulation, but not by the government.  Rock and a hard place...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
One reason why I have little faith, or extreme skepticism, when it comes to medical professionals.

http://www.drugintel.com/pharma/iatroge ... _death.htm

The number of deaths each year due to non-error adverse reactions to medications adverse reactions is greater than the number of deaths of American military personnel in the entire Viet Nam war.

Deaths/Yr and Cause
7,000  Medication Errors in Hospitals
12,000 Unnecessary Surgery
20,000 Medical Errors in Hospitals (excluding Medication Errors)
106,000 Non-error, Adverse Reactions to Medications aka Drug Adverse Events
Total: 145,000

I would bet money that many of those people would still be alive and would have benefited from a dietary and/or lifestyle change and possibly some herbs and/or supplements.

48 Times more people killed ANNUALLY than were killed on 911, and these mad scientists are still heralded as heroes. Puey. They have been trained in a flawed system- crisis medicine. They do the best they can... but when you are constantly at WAR with nature (vs working with nature) there will always be casualties. The sad thing is that they have a monopoly. The majority of people don't know there are options and many who do are terrorized by fear mongering such as you have provided Tim.

Where are the stats on deaths due to people treating themselves with alternatives?

Many are treated... few are healed:
http://www.drugintel.com/pharma/many_are_treated.htm
Allen Roses, worldwide vice-president of genetics at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), said fewer than half of the patients prescribed some of the most expensive drugs actually derived any benefit from them.

http://www.garynull.com/documents/iatro ... icine2.htm
The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million.1 Dr. Richard Besser, of the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics.2, 2a The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million.3 The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million.4  The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is 699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251.5
More: http://www.google.com/search?q=iatrogen ... &hl=en&lr=

Pay attention to this one fact:
"Tens of millions of unecessary antibiotics"
What are the consequences of that??? Super bugs that are resistant to drugs. Do you know about these lovely critters? Psuedomonas. Echo 11. Parvo. CMV. To name a few. Doctors and drug companies are killing us. Literally.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=pseudomonas
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... 1%22+virus
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... 1%22+virus
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=cmv+virus

One's best (only) defense is a good offense... a healthy immune system. Doctors don't have a clue as to how to go about achieving that.

Medical professionals are not knights in shining armour by any stretch of the imagination.
My advice to friends is get a dx. Explore the alternatives. Try alternatives if your condition is not life-threatening. Seek a doctors assistance when all else fails... for crises... what they are trained for... when it doesn't matter if the treatment is as deadly as the disease/illness.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
When will they ever learn... when will they evvvvvvver learn.

It's been quite a few years since posting on this site, not since 2001 to be exact. Those were the pre-wilderness and TBS days.
As things are now, our daughter Mallorie is 19 and we're thankful she's alive. But since graduating high school last June, she's essentially done nothing. A few half-hearted part time jobs, otherwise nothing. By her own admission, she's not motivated.
As we see it, there are only three options: 1) allow the situation to continue indefinitely (that's unacceptable) 2) have her get serious help (she rejected that offer) or 3) time to cut strings, stop enabling and with limited support, out she goes. That's what we've concluded as the only viable thing to do and we've told her as much.
Has anyone faced these circumstances? Was there any other option we may have overlooked?
Thanks
http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2;t=000912

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
Bump and request this become stickied
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »
You definitely don't want to force psychiatric treatment on someone.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you have any idea where this post is copied from?

Woah, what the hell? Try Another Castle, did you delete that post right after you made it?

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
"SUCCESS" STORIES
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »
Yeah. I was like. d'oh. That will teach me not to read a whole thread. I'm a notorious skimmer. Probably a bad idea in this forum.