Author Topic: ST Grandma gets it right!  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
ST Grandma gets it right!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
Go read all of the woman's posts. There aren't that many.
Lots of options. Offer cab fare, offer to drive her and pick her up.
It has less to do with the car and more to do with controlling her offspring's life.
She a micro-managing parent, a "curler".
When she was 18, mom didn't want to 'put her out' because she wanted to 'monitor and provide guideance'.
She didn't want to pay for the airfare so her daughter could reconnect with old friends and drink.
Source of contention with the husband who wasn't onboard with her controlling.
Didn't want daughter to influence son, who if I remember correctly was already drinking and smoking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 11:44:40 PM »
Exactly! Besides the mother claimed that the girl would only use the house as a hotel and nver see them. But i note the girl found time to have dinner with nanna and the wider family. She also did picked up the phone to call mum and got handed a big bag of fuck you. This indicates to me that she did want to connect with her family at christmas, the mother was just so busy playing poor me, my child is evil, to notice.
What kid in their late teens and early 20's want to sepnd every minute with the family? Who does not want to go out and party a bit?
Shame on that woman. When she is elderly she should hope that the daugher is more forgiving than she is otherwise her nursing home will be a pretty shitty one and her existence will be pretty lonely.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 12:17:29 AM »
It's all about control. I agree with exhausted that the Mom can make rules for her own car and house, but she crosses the line when she makes rules for other people (a 22-yr-old daughter and her grandparents). Sorry Mom, these issue are no longer any of your business and you should butt out.