Author Topic: Current CEDU Staff  (Read 33414 times)

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« on: September 16, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
It seems to me that it is obvious that not everyone who goes to CEDU is helped immediately.  The people on this website are a perfect example.  They were at a place,(that is a daily struggle), and got nothing from it. How sad that some give up so easy, and don't have the heart to overcome their obstacles and move on.  No matter what you do in life, you have to make the best of it.  If these students really hate CEDU so much, they would want to forget about it.  But there is something their.  There is a certain morality taught to them that they can't help but dwell on.  Many more good things happen at CEDU than bad.  It is a horrible place, don't get me wrong.  Children abandoned by their families. Underpaid and disrespected, at times irate counselors.  But we try.  We try to make the teenagers stay at "hell" a little better because we care.  Please don't knock us for that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »
what happened to us there is impossible to forget.  and i don't think it's about forgetting the expirences we suffered there, it's about wanting revenge, asking for some one to listen to us and not say that we are full of shit, and to help people see what you guys (staff) are doing to kids and that it's VERY wrong, and hopefully prevent parents from sending their kids there.  what happened to us there has left permanent scares on our mind, and you're telling us to just forget about it?!?!?  I DON'T THINK SO!!!
  and by the way, i went to the BCA web sight, and looked to see "how little" you guys are paid, and you guys make like $15.00 an hour, so just for the record, you're not underpaid.
 [ This Message was edited by: **PIXIE DUST** on 2004-09-16 10:44 ][ This Message was edited by: **PIXIE DUST** on 2004-09-16 10:50 ]
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
Revenge is not a good reason to do something, I never said you were full of shit, and I only make $11.30 per hour.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
Hey Cedu Sheep, the reason you only make $11.30 an hour is that you are either too stupid or just too lazy to go out and find yourself a REAL JOB.  The fact you are frustrated at being a weak willed,incompetent, unmotivated, loser, doesn't give you the right to abuse those poor kids, SO FUCK OFF!!!

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »
AMEN SOS, AMEN! :smile:

- Jsut Trying, what school do you work at and what are you "just trying" to accomplish here at this sight?  i do know one thing though, you'll never understand what we, as students, had to go through.  you may say you know because you have to go through propheets, but you get to go home and sleep in your own bed, you don't get yelled at for petty bull shit, you don't get put on fulltimes, restrictions, or programs, you don't have to do work assingments, you don't have to tuck your shirt in, you don't have to wear a belt, you don't have to live in a dorm full of people, you don't get put on bans.  you have the easy job (and maybe that's why you don't "get paid enough") you get to do all the yelling and putting people down, running fulltimes, putting people on bans and work assingments.  and if you don't like how you're treated, or if you think you don't get paid enough, THEN QUIT!
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: CEDU IS A CULT on 2006-02-03 12:31 ]

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
I have a degree and I could make more money if I wanted to.  I work at CEDU because I like to help people.  I do not demean or demoralize any of the students, nor do I have the desire to.  Namecalling doesn't get you anywhere, so you can at least wait until you know me to insult me.

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »
If you are wondering why I came to this site, it is not to preach my belief in a perfect philosophy, because I don't believe that one exists.  A student at CEDU RS told me to check out this site.  I have not been working their for long and I thought I could learn more about where I work from you guys than from the staff, whom I don't always agree with.  Save the sheep and drone insults for where they are deserved, and please treat me as the concerned CEDU worker that I am.  I know I will never understand what it is like to be CEDU student.  I think it sucks just as much as you do that there are kids stuck up there on the mountain.  I also know that they are still there, with or without me, and nothing I do can change that.  I do everything I can to make their stay less painful on a daily basis.  If you have to blame somebody, please don't blame the staff, they are not the reason kids are up there.  Blame your parents if you have to blame someone, they sent you there. As long as parents continue to want to ship their kids away, places like CEDU will always exist.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
On 2004-09-16 16:36:00, Just Trying wrote:

Blame your parents if you have to blame someone, they sent you there. As long as parents continue to want to ship their kids away, places like CEDU will always exist.

OMG!  ::noway::

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »
At first I thought that poster was the one person from there who I thought I could talk to...my former staff friend. The one who I let it all hang out to. I was her first, since she came from one of the vocational jobs on campus originally. She was at times encouraged to blow me away for almost no reason... What's really dumb is that I kind of recognized that at the time but oh well...but to be honest with you guys from fornits, her compulsion to tell me the same rhetoric that we heard from Just trying. Like it was really defensive her last couple of letters, and I have layed it on pretty strong with her, I wanted to tell me I was right, but she would be in the same moral conundrum that my Parents are now in. Admitting the unforgiveable blunder of transacting business and/or co-existing with CEDU - "the mental lockup".
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: CEDU IS A CULT on 2006-02-03 12:36 ][ This Message was edited by: CEDU IS A CULT on 2006-02-03 12:39 ]

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
first off, you can't expect someone to change just because you're throwing them in a "therapeutic" environment.  change is made only when s/he who is applying the change decides that such a change is in their own best interest (or what they feel is their best interest)... people who send themselvs to cedu in attempt to change their lifestyles are typically more "successful" than those who were dragged from their beds in the middle of the night because their parents were sick of dealing with their shit, or perhaps "feared of their life".  
thus, many students like myself build walls in order to cope with this stressful immersion.  whereas stress is a good motivator for many, it is not effective for all; therapy should be personalized to accomodate the needs of the individual by having their patterns and strategies analyzed so they could be worked with, rather than changed in order to accomodate a standard method of treatment.
as i was saying, a person will not change until they find it necessary to do so, and if cedu really thought it was important for a particular individual to change in a specific way, they would personalize their method and make it happen (there is always AT LEAST one way to get the results you want.)

on a different note,  what the fuck is it with you people and your degree fetish?  firstly, you don't need a degree to be successful, and more importantly, having a degree (after having aqcuired a "proper acedemic training") doesn't make  you a well-rounded, qualified person when it comes down to dealing with people in an arena where it's very easy to reap havoc on someone elses brain by something as simple as an improper vocal inflection... creativity and compassion are essential; they can't teach you how to be either of those in skool.
i will never prefer someone bland with a degree to someone without whose morals and creativity i respect immensely.

laura solomon[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-09-20 15:12 ]
aura solomon

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »
mikehunt - i would have to agree with you, therapy does need to be personalized.  you can't just pick one treatment for everyone.  it doesn't work that way.

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »
I am so glad people have made some worthwhile comments.  Thank You.  I like the analogy of the baby and the fly ball, but I don't quite see the connection, maybe I would if I was ever a student.  I know having a degree doesn't mean you are smarter than anybody, I was just commenting on a statement that CEDU workers are all uneducated.  For the crack problem, I would blame the system that profits from it, not the victims. Bryan, I think you are far too quick to violence and you need to calm down.  Mike, I definitely agree with you that being forced into an institution is not a good way to start emotional growth.  Minors have absolutely NO rights and it sucks.  I think its the major social problem of our era.  Those kids up there are amazing.  They are good kids and they want to change the world for the better.  Many of them are ready to leave, but can't and it is sad to see.  What I would really like to know from Mike and any other former CEDU student is what I could bring to the school to make it either less painful or please forgive me, even happy?  CEDU intrigues me.  In many ways it is a social experiment, but I do not consider you our "guinea pigs".  I believe all institutions could learn alot from CEDU.  However, I don't think all CEDU students deserved to be institutionalized.  It's an unfair contradiction.  Some CEDU Students get help they don't need and many more people who need the help in the outside world don't get it.  Prisons don't teach emotional growth properly and neither do mental health institutions.  If they did, we would probably need less of them. That's just my opinion.

Offline Just Trying

• View Profile
Current CEDU Staff
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »
I apologize for not replying quicker.  I have no home computer and I can only use one Tues-Thurs.