Author Topic: STRAIGHT SURVIVORS REUNION  (Read 1543 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
STRAIGHT SURVIVORS REUNION
« on: August 19, 2002, 12:55:00 PM »
Hello, missed you Kathy and Ginger, but it went well. I counted 22 survivors and several children and one parent. The general consensus here was  WHERE IS EVERYBODY? The reunion was 100% successful. People who were in this program were seeking help from each other to deal with issues that still haunt many of us. I saw many hugs, many handshakes, lots of laughing and lots of food being consumed! I also noticed a hint of a rivalry developing between St Pete and the rest of the program participants. All in good jest of course. "St Pete was..... compared to Springfield and the others..." LOL... Either way, it was something that these people really enjoyed, was a great opportunity to meet and talk to people who can understand each other. Many attendees want to do this again, like annually. They know people who were afraid to come, but now that we really are not as scary and demonic as some people think, it is a good possibility that it could become an annual event. I would expect that some pictures will become available soon. MG8
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 10:38:00 PM »
I wonder what it would be like to be around those who were there? The whole idea is daunting. Count me among those who aren't ready for conventions, but might like a casual meet up locally in order to break the ice a bit.  
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 10:26:00 PM »
count me in on informal meet. Not sure if lots of people togather would be too reminiescient (spelling?) of group for me to cope with.
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2002, 08:30:00 PM »
I got to see some people that I was really close to at one time.  Sure the whole Straight BS brought us together but nonetheless, we developed a bond that is unique and special.  I often wondered what happened to some of those guys and girls.  It was so great to see them and yeah!  I was uncomfortable about going.  As the day grew closer, I started getting kinda wierd.  But I forced myself and I am so glad that I did.  There was no animosity, it was great.  It was a rare time for me to be completely comfortable;  around the only people in the world who will ever understand and don't ask questions.  I would encourage every survivor to make the next one.

Reid Martin  St. Pete/Springfield 3/82-4/83
[email protected]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2002, 08:58:00 PM »
Long time no hear from ya! How are ya? Write me or give me a call sometime at 724.314.2707 (we moved to Pittsburgh)
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes