Author Topic: The Tampa Screw-Up / Low Pressure System  (Read 1129 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
The Tampa Screw-Up / Low Pressure System
« on: August 18, 2002, 04:32:00 PM »
The last week I stayed at my Tampa oldcomers house was kind of strange.  He had a lot on his mind and would tell me a lot of personal things about his job and pressures on the long ride home every night.  One thing that was unique was that it was just me and him in the car.  Most in-town foster homes had a parent driving to and from the program.  It took permission from executive staff to be able to drive a car while on the program.  My oldcomer wanted me to know how bad the gas crisis was, so he would open the curtains to the living room window where I ate supper at a desk with my back to the TV knowing full well that I could see the reflection of the newscast.  He drove me in for the last time on a Tuesday morning and explained the gas situation. I was the last newcomer he ever had.  A few weeks later, on a Saturday, a bunch of 3rd and 4th phase guys from Tampa filed into group almost 2 hours late.  Their excuse was that there had been a bad wreck on Howard Franklin Bridge.  Liz Cassidy was leading the rap and had them all find a seat in group and the rap continued.  The guys seemed abnormally happy and were cutting up and acting out of sorts.

What really raised my suspicions was when my former oldcomer chose to sit down in my row, up near the front of the group, which was unheard of for a 4th phaser to do unless he was there to babysit a JERK or something.  I whispered to Mike and asked him why he was'nt sitting with the rest of the guys.  He whispered I'dd find out soon enough.  Then he blew my mind by saying don't ever think anyone is your friend in here, don't trust anybody.  I really did'nt understand what he was telling me, but it did'nt matter

because the storm was coming................end part two.

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2002-08-22 01:34 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
The Tampa Screw-Up / Low Pressure System
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 12:04:00 AM »
Is this Part one Continued or the beginning of Part Two?!
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}