Author Topic: MEXICAN AUTHORITY  (Read 8356 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »
There appears to be some erroneous (or at the least misleading) information in some newspaper articles that have been published in the U.S. concerning when the investigations took place concerning the closing of three Mexican facilities that included the closing of Genesis by the Sea.

For example, an A.P. article, dated Saturday, September 11, 2004, stated the following:

"Mexican immigration and health authorities carried out a surprise
inspection on Friday of the three treatment centers for teenagers
with behavior and drug-related problems."

It doesn't indiciate "which" "Friday" but leads readers to believe it was the most recent "Friday" which would be Friday, September 10, 2004 - since the article was published on Saturday, September 11, 2004.

I found an article that was run in a Tijuana, Mexico, newspaper concerning the closing of these facilities that was posted on the Internet on the morning of Thursday, September 9, 2004. If the article was published on Thursday morning, then the actions by the Mexican officials would assuredly have to have taken place PRIOR to Thursday, September 9, 2004. It is evidence that the "surprise inspections" took place prior to "Friday" September 10, 2004.  

Below is the Tijuana newspaper article, written in Spanish, as it was published on Thursday, September 9, 2004.  (Notice that the American articles avoided using the FULL name of GENESIS BY THE SEA, and merely refer to it as "Genesis", but the Mexican article DOES use the FULL name of the facility.)

Makes one wonder just how much was NOT reported or was INCORRECTLY reported by the U.S. media.  :???:  :???:

Following article can be found at: http://www.frontera.info/edicionenlinea ... Nota=56933

Señalan que eran maltratados
Atendían 3 clínicas a 590 ilegales de EU

Luis Adolfo San
[email protected]

Tijuana B.C.(PH)

El Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM) detectó a 589 estadounidenses y un salvadoreño que se encontraban ilegales en centros de rehabilitación de Ensenada y Rosarito y donde, aseguran, eran maltratados.

De acuerdo con información proporcionada por la delegación del INM en Baja California, hasta ayer por la noche a 49 se les había dictado oficio de salida del País y a uno más se le había expulsado, mientras que el resto aún tenían en proceso su situación.

El operativo comenzó a las 7:30 horas para verificar la situación migratoria de los internos y personal directivo de los centros de rehabilitación El Sauzal, Casa by the Sea, y La Esperanza, de Ensenada, y el Genesis By The Sea, de Rosarito.

En El Sauzal se localizó a 536 internos, de las cuales cuatro presentaron problemas por maltrato físico y emocional, una de ellas, de nacionalidad salvadoreña.

En La Esperanza se ubicó a 23 estadounidenses, 20 de ellos menores, quienes contaban con documentación migratoria irregular, así como a tres adultos, los cuales no tenían documentación migratoria, por lo que se les extendió un oficio de salida.

Al director de La Esperanza se le encontró una forma migratoria de turista, por lo que se le expulsó del País por realizar actividades distintas a las que declaró a su ingreso.

En el Centro de Rehabilitación Genesis By The Sea, de Rosarito, se encontró a 26 menores estadounidenses, a los que también se les dictó oficio de salida, mismos que fueron entregados a las autoridades migratorias estadounidenses en la garita de San Ysidro.

Al ser entrevistadas por las autoridades migratorias denunciaron maltrato físico y emocional por parte de los directivos del lugar.

En lo que toca a los menores del centro El Sauzal, la mayoría de éstos permanecerán en ese lugar, mismo que fue habilitado como albergue migratorio, en tanto son localizados sus padres.

El operativo se realizó debido a las múltiples denuncias ciudadanas sobre la presencia de extranjeros y sobre las presuntas acciones de maltrato físico y emocional a menores de edad en esos lugares.

En estos trabajos participaron, además del INM, el DIF estatal, Isesalud, Ministerio Público Federal, Ministerio Público Estatal del Fuero Común, Policía Estatal Preventiva (PEP), Secretaría de Educación Pública, y los ayuntamientos de Ensenada y Rosarito.

A los tres centros de rehabilitación se les dictó suspensión total temporal por el Isesalud, luego de haber detectado diversas irregularidades.

El INM aseguró que el operativo en conjunto se realizó con pleno respeto a los derechos humanos de las personas y se les proporcionó atención médica para verificar su estado de salud y, de ser necesario, brindarles la atención requerida.

El Consulado de Estados Unidos, a través de su vocera Lorena Blanco, informó que ofrecerá asistencia a los ciudadanos estadounidenses y vigilará que se respeten sus derechos humanos. A Ensenada acudió el cónsul de EU en Tijuana, David Stewart.
Nota Publicada: 11/9/2004 8:21 am
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »
----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:08 PM
To: 'Devlin Graves'
Subject: RE: Consider e-opening

Thank you for your love and concern, it will not be hard to comply to what
the government needs. See ya around!
Brother Cookston

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 8:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Consider e-opening

if you re-open we will be watching you and reporting your every move to the
same mexican authorities that shut you down. The abuses that went on in
Genesis is unforgivable. Just stay shut down and you will be left alone. If
you attenpt to reopen God knows what may happen. Just rember what happend to
your friends at Mountain Park Academy. How many lawsuits do they currently
face??? 7

You want to go through the same thing they did. Just reappear on the radar
and it just may happen.

Dont think you are this big and high and mighty person and you have God on
your side. YOU DON'T!! If you think you are above reproach and we cant hurt
you, think again. Mountain Park Academy thought the same thing and look
where they are now? CLOSED!

Just stay closed and you will never hear or see me again. If not go ahead
and re-open and see what happends. If you want to know what will happen just
ask BOB WILLS, or SAM GERHARDT..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
How about DeSisto ran out of MA now full time in Mexico, no oversight, we worry about those kids anyone know anyone there?

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
This is by far the best news we've had in many months! Over 500 children have been rescued from Casa by the Sea.  Hopefully they will not be shipped off to another abusive facility like many of those at Dundee Ranch.  Hopefully our government will follow the actions of the authorities in Mexico.  If an alleged corrupt government can act in the best interest of children why can't the USA?  It's time to inspect all the programs where accounts of abusive treatment have been reported.  

Marijuana clearly has medicinal value.
 Thousands of seriously ill Americans have
 been able to determine that for themselves,
 albeit illegally. Like my own family, these
 individuals did not wish to break the law but
 they had no choice.

--Lyn Nofziger, former deputy chairman of the Republican National Committee

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2004, 02:31:00 AM »
I myself have wondered by other nations care about kids more than the USA.

Or OUR KIDS more than OURSELVES!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »
okay so let me get this all straight...these programs in mexico have been shut down. Why and how?There is one program i want to see shut down in Mexico. I was there, i dont like pitty parties so i wont share details. It was hell though. So any way if I want this place to be shut down and the truth found out about it what do i have to do?can anyone help an anonymous soul such as mine?i would deeply appreciate it! ::heart::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
When i went to the desisto school in 81-82 in fla. I saw no abuse, just caring. Although there were rumors about Michael Deisto Being a pedoflie, which i'm not sure about, but he was very weird and died last year and mass. school now closed also.Fla. closed years ago. Don't know about mexican school or any abuse, but things can change in 20 something years.
The one who cares.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »
On 2004-09-14 07:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

" okay so let me get this all straight...these programs in mexico have been shut down. Why and how?There is one program i want to see shut down in Mexico. I was there, i dont like pitty parties so i wont share details. It was hell though. So any way if I want this place to be shut down and the truth found out about it what do i have to do?can anyone help an anonymous soul such as mine?i would deeply appreciate it! ::heart:: "

Well, basically, if you want the story told then you have to tell your story. I'm not real big on pity parties either. You just have to blow those off.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The people who ran straight had the best of intentions. I hope they reached their destination.

http://stopsembler.org/' target='_new'>James Lloyd

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »
Seems like anon is asking How its done. . .
I don't know if anyone knows just what made the difference al of a sudden with Casa and these others.
I mean, reports of horrible treatment at Casa have been coming in a steady stream for years.
It never seemed to move the Mexican's a bit.
Something changed - but what is still a mystery.
One can speculate. . .
Ken is complaining its a corrupt Mx government that is responsible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Kay has also learned that the decision to close down Casa-by-the-Sea and
two other schools in the Baja peninsula was taken by high level federal
officials in Mexico City.  "This smells of politics and in Mexico, politics
has a very sour stench."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets assume he knows a little something about this. Lets suppose this corrupt official in Mx city had upped the anti. Wanted a heavier bag under the table. Maybe Ken called their bluff and this is what it cost him???

Or maybe they finely caught on and realized the dog and pony show they got on every other inspection was just that - and so this time went in unannounced and saw what was to be seen. The 4 mystery kids might just have been the kids found in OP. This OP is about something you'd have to see to believe. Maybe they actually heard some screaming before the staff realized they were there.

Anyway - you see - its all just guess work at this point. In time there might be more definitive answers.

For now - why not file a report with ISAC if you have a story to tell, but want confidentiality?

http://isaccorp.org/

Back to Ken -
I also found this of interest:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 "The irresponsible action of the Mexican authorities put American children
at huge risk," says Kay, who heads the World Wide Association of Specialty
Programs and Schools.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, do you suppose he is truly oblivious to the fact it is WWASP who put the kids at risk?
And do you think he even considered the current situation in Jamaica as he weighed his words?[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2004-09-14 16:40 ]

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
The Mexican government has covered up the abuse at Casa by the Sea for years.  Bob Lichfield is known for giving huge political contributions (BRIBES) to politicians in Utah so it wouldn't be surprising if he was doing the same in Mexico. Just look at Lichfield at http://www.opensecrets.org
You'll see nearly $300K in contibutions.  It's also been reported that the administrator of Dundee Ranch, Narvin LICHFIELD, brother of Robert (BOB), also gave political contributions to the president of Costa Rica.  He appealed to him after his arrest for child abuse and endangerment after authorities raided that facility.  

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

[ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2004-09-14 18:40 ]
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline PFRR

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfrr.org
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
We get parents calling us all the time, we highly, strongly reccomend that if they have to send their child/adolescent into residential treatment that it be in their own state, where they can monitor, be involved, and know their rights and their child's rights.  We advise parents NEVER to send their children out of the Country, oh my gosh what could happen if they ran, some of the countries where these programs run are poor, have no real laws, etc., and no protection for the kids.  The state department doesn't really want to get involved either.  I know parents become desperate but I also think some places prey on this, sell them ocean front property in Arizona when they are vulnerable.  And I am inclined to think that Transporters should be or are illegal, when you handcuff a child even with parents permission what is the difference if you are not a law enforcement officer and the parent, who ties their child up in the house, or handcuffs them to something.  It is considered child abuse in most states.  
 :flame:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2004-09-14 19:07:00, PFRR wrote:

when you handcuff a child even with parents permission what is the difference if you are not a law enforcement officer

That's a core logical paradox. We all know, at least on some level, that we can't delegate authority that we don't have ourselves, right? Like, if you want someone dead but don't have the nutz to kill them, hiring a hitman is just as illegal as doing it yourself, right?

But, somehow, our society has lost touch w/ reality. Certainly, you know you can't handcuff your kid or deprive them of sleep or keep them locked in a room or any of the other things the Program does to control them. But, somehow, we think it's OK to hire someone to do these things for us? That, if they bill themselves as professionals, then it's alright?

Parents and law enforcement buy into this bullshit paradox.

Why? That's the million dollar question.

Any policy that has Ted Byfield on the same side as many Rastafarians can fairly be said to have generated a consensus.
-- Ottawa Citizen August 28, 1997

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2004, 03:12:00 AM »
Part of the answer is the parents do not know thats what they're paying for.
AND, they don't believe it when you tell them.
After all - it IS hard to believe.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »
I know at least one parent who smelled something fishy and saved her kid from a facility...

Why is everyone so unskeptical and trusting? We're trying to warn you, not keep your kid and charge exorbitant amounts of money!!! We have NOTHING to gain but peace of mind and your childs wellbeing by telling you this!!

They have a LOT of reasons to lie if they ARE doing this. I think they WANT to buy into it or succumb to the brainwashing themselves. They certainly can from those damn seminars.

I read a website for some 'quantum coaches' and they talk about their 'program children' and it really really freaks me out BAD.

"Narcotics have been systematically scapegoated and demonized. The idea that anyone can use drugs and escape a horrible fate is an anathema to these idiots. I predict that in the near future right-wingers will use drug hysteria as a pretext to set up an international police apparatus."

--William S. Burroughs

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MEXICAN AUTHORITY
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »
Does any one know any thing about other programs in Mexico that are still in the running?  ALA?! Any chance at all?   ::heart::