Author Topic: BETHEL / Darrington / WWASP  (Read 2380 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
BETHEL / Darrington / WWASP
« on: September 01, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »
This site is a bit of a chameleon.  The moment you look at one school it places a cookie on your machine and it won't let you back to the original home page.  (That's what the CFID and CFTOKEN are about: that's how ColdFusion works).

The connection with Bethel is interesting.  I have never heard of Darrington.  Could be new: the web site has only just been registered.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »
Darrington is the new name for Resource Realization with David Gilcrease as president.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »
Darrington has the same phone # as reaource realization in Hurricane, Utah!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
Darrington/resource realization/premier educational systems are all run by David Gilcrease and are linked together by their web sites and phone #'s.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »
Hey, here's some fun! Lets rate the logos for quality and appeal and then go and look up the incorporation dates. I bet they correlate pretty closely.

I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone, I'm just here for the drugs.
--First Lady, Nancy Reagan at a Just Say No rally

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »
Darrington is a new program; enrolling students.
And Bethal has found their true calling, under the wwasp umbrella.
I wonder who now 'ownes' Bethal?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »
Just got the August 2004 Source magazine from WWASPS.  There's an article from John D. Fountain, director, introducing his academy.  

"...It's been my privilege to be the Director of Bethel Boy's Academy for the past two years.  I have watched God's awesome work through this ministry for most of my life.  The Lord called my family into this ministry 28 years ago after transforming their lives.  He gave us a burden to help teens who had not had the opportunity to hear God's word or who had become side tracked by the things of this world.  [etc.]".  

This schmarmy stuff goes on and on, competing with Craig Rogers in nonsense with a Biblical theme.  In a picture, the director looks about 28 or so, holding his infant son about 1 year old.  Pix of the "students" show a group of about 35 teen boys, camo fatigue pants, combat boots, either red or green T-shirts [the upper and lower levels?]. One kid in the front row is about 4 ft. tall, and looks like my 12yo grandson.  

In a sidebar, The Source says:

INTRODUCING BETHEL BOY'S ACADEMY

Bethel Boy's Academy in Lucedale, Mississippi, is a Christian based Military Academy which specializes in bringing out the best that young men can become.  The Academy has been giving instruction and guidance to those enrolled for many years.  Their staff offer a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds and are dedicated to saving lives.

With the ever expanding need for this type of Boarding School, Bethel has decided to participate in offering their students and families the most innovative and complete system of services that youth programs hae to offer.  Part of these services include being part of The Source family.

We would like to welcome them aboard as one of the many independently owned and operated schools that take part in providing their families, students and staff the opportunity in using The Source to more effectively communicate their experiences with other.  

Sincerely, The Source Staff

On the back of the magazine, the photos of WWASPS sites (Casa by the Sea, Midwest Academy, Cross Creek Programs, Carolina Springs Academy, Academy at Ivy Ridge, Tranquility Bay, Majestic Ranch, and Spring Creek Lodge Academy), now include a photo of Bethel Boys' Academy.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »
Bethel Academy (both the girls and boys compound) are hurting for business.  They have suffered waaaaay to much bad publicity in the last couple of years.  Last summer, 2003 being the worse.  Then in May, 2004, the girls compound was raided and all 38 victims removed due to abuse.  Both of their enrollments are waaaay down.  I guess no longer can they use the "good ole Christian family atmosphere" anymore.  It is time to use some new marketing techniques.  Funny though, they are still abusing the kids and the victims are still coming forward to join the lawsuit.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
They teamed up with the right bunch it seems. Two peas in a pod - might as well hold hands.

Think some folks ought to explain to good ole miss a sip just who they are dealing with now?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »
Having heard wwasp was operating a home for pregnant girls I called Teen Help to ask about it.
These are my notes:

New Beginnings

http://www.th.nbmaternityhome.com

$3700
High School, Fully accredited, don't ya know.
seminars, Naturally
adoption / keep / adopted parents may help pay
located in wing off hospital ~

However - I couldn't find the name of the hospital on the web site.
Location was vauge; Southern Utah. Closest fully equipped ER is an hour and a half away.

Anyone else creeped out to think of these people operating a teen mother's home?
Wonder how much the adoptive parents pay for the babies? Wonder how much choice the girls really have, if they want to keep their babies?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »
guh
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 02:06:00 AM »
Bethel will get in league with the devil and say he is the true God if they can bring in kids by doing it. You folks just do not understand what goes on there EVERY day. It is a place that should be locked, bolted and then bull dozed.

Bethel gets bad publicity because they treat people, both workers and students as well as the community like crap!

Guess some of you will just have to get the Bethel experience for yourselves. Your life will be ruined once you do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
Yuck!  They want to house pregnant women and the nearest fully-equipped ER is an hour and a half away?  What the hell are they thinking?  

Well, I know what they're thinking: "Pay me. Moneymoneymoneymoney Money!"

What the hell are the parents thinking?  Maybe that they don't much care if their inconveniently knocked-up daughter dies of pregnancy or childbirth complications because of improperly delayed medical care?

Maybe that it would be awfully damned convenient if she *did* die from eclampsia or kidney failure or any of the other potentially fatal complications of pregnancy.  No more annoyingly "loose" daughter to cause talk among the neighbors, no more problem.

And that Utah allows this at all is just one more disgrace to that state and its people.

A live-in facility for pregnant women shouldn't be more than half an hour from a fully-equipped ER, at most, or should have an obstetric nurse on duty all the time, a board certified OB on call all the time, and a helipad set up for immediate life-flight access in an area with life-flight support.

Now if the facility *does* have an ob nurse, and a board certified OB on call, and a helipad, and life-flight access, then the fully equipped ER isn't really an hour and a half away---it's just an hour and a half away *by car*.

Still, any *responsible* state would be all over this place with Reform (of the industry generally), Oversight, Safeguards, Enforcement, and Sunshine.

Unfortunately, Utah is not a responsible state.  How long do you think it will be before some poor woman or her baby dies there, when earlier medical care could have saved them?  How deeply do you think it will be covered up when it does happen?

With WWASPS reputation, I'm not sure I trust them to call life-flight in time to take care of a woman with pregnancy complications.  Rather, I'm pretty sure I *don't*.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
From the web site:
High risk prenatal, maternal, Neonatal care 80 minutes away at Dixie Regional Medical Center
Life Flight 24 hours availability, weather dependent.

As for Bethel making a deal with the devil and calling him god - this is in my opinion, exactly what they have done in this new partnership.  They are good and true Luciferians but like all the Luciferian cults, they don't tell those in the lower orders just who it is they are paying homage to.
But by their fruits shall you know them.