Author Topic: Psych Crime  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Psych Crime
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 01:36:19 PM »
Re: Psych Crime
Are you sure this is a clam operation? Thomas Szasz has stood as an icon against the drug war and for personal liberty. Clams are so rabidly anti drug use that they still think framing an enemy with pot plants in his yard would be an effective smear. The Clearwater jury acquited on the grounds that so much clam involvement destroyed the prosecution's credibility.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline dtv13

• View Profile
Psych Crime
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2001, 02:23:44 AM »
Church of Scientology

I wanted to share that the CoS created an organization called Citizens Commission on Human Rights.  I am working with a local chapter and they have been a tremedous help and wonderful ally to me in my efforts to liberate my son from an unlicensed Therapeutic Boarding School.  We plan and hope to expose the fraud happening in the Teen Help Industry nationally.

Their single purpose is to expose and stop all types of Mental Health (psychiatric) Oppression.  These facilities and programs are just part of a much larger problem.

CCHR was able to put a stop to Electic Shock without consent in Texas!!!  A huge accomplishment in the ongoing battle with this Industry. And are now assisting effort in New York.

It's true that CoS has been labled a cult and received negative press.  I did research for days and decided that they are wrongly attacked.

I also checked out there Drug Rehab Program, Narconon.  They do not preach or use the 12 Steps.    They do take or keep people against their will.  They provide daily saunas, message, supplements and exercise to remove drugs and chemicals.  There are a series of classes designed to teach skills in dealing  with life stressors that cause you to want to use or abuse.  As with any "program", it will only be as good and successful as the staff, but as programs go, I liked the philosophy of this one.

Also the person I am working with at CCHR is one of the most compassionate men I have ever met.  I appreciated his explanation that there is no scientific proof for "mental illness or disorders".  He sees what the psych industry calls "symptoms" as signs of Spiritual deficit or turmoil, which manifest in degrees.  The degree of one's turmoil is determined by how much attention one has in the present or the future (hope),  or the past.  Folks who have serious spiritual deficits have most of their attention on past tramatic experiences, etc.

Any organization or group that opposes the status quo is subject to be labled a "cult".  I don't think we can speak in general terms here.  If we took the definition of a cult and applied it to social institutions (public school, etc), many would fit the defintion.  We are suppose to live in a country that condones spirtual and religous freedom.  Is this true?

One last interesting thought.  The Cult Awareness Network attacked CoS, who in turn sued and won, bankrupting the organization.  CoS purchased CAN on the auction block.

I'm for ensuring we have choices and the freedom to choose. The challenge appears to be that we raise our children to be independent thinkers with complete self respect.  If one has these two abilities in tact, they cannot be brainwashed by anyone into anything hurtful.

The facilities that are part of the Teen Help Industry are the antithesis of this.  I feel they destroy both.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Psych Crime
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2001, 03:42:36 PM »
COS
Well, I am not really certain about my views on scientology, although in my research on these abusive cult programs, scientology often is a side topic. I think it is fair to say that Scientology is a cult rather than a religion, but whether it is abusive or mind-controlling is a matter of opinion.

TBS schools are definitely abusive cults. The parents are the members (the parents that had the kid sent there anyways) and the children are held as victims. Did anyone see the recent Washington Post, front page article about the brainwashing and torture of Falun Gong members in China, doesn't the picture on the front seem a lot like that news video on SAFE or a lot like the descriptions of the 'worksheets' that TBS schools use as torture. Essentially they force the kids to sit uncomfortably on the edge of their seat and listen to motivational audio and video programs for hours or days at a time. I am thinking of sending a letter in saying that the same torture and brainwashing that is used in China against dissidents is being used in the US, Samoa, Jamaica, and the Czech Republic against American teenagers.

Slavish discipline makes a slavish temper... If severity carry'd to the
highest pitch does prevail, and works a cure upon the present unruly
distemper, it often brings in the room of it a worse and more dangerous
disease, by breaking the mind; and then, in the place of a disorderly young
fellow, you have a low spirited moap'd creature, who, however with his
unnatural sobriety he may please silly people, who commend tame unactive
children, because they make no noise, nor give them any trouble; yet at
last, will probably prove as uncomfortable a thing to his friends, as he
will be all his life an useless thing to himself and others... Beating them,
and all other sorts of slavish and corporal punishments, are not the
discipline fit to be used in the education of those we would have wise,
good, and ingenuous men...
John Locke, 1692

All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Psych Crime
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2001, 10:46:09 AM »
Re: Psych Crime-Ginger
Well I haven't done my own research as to whether or not this is a CoS operation, but it says it right on the page....

"CCHR was established by the Church of Scientology as an independent body to investigate and expose psychiatric violations of human rights and to clean up the field of mental healing.

CCHR's co-founder is Dr. Thomas Szasz, Professor of Psychiatry Emeritus and internationally renowned author. CCHR is now an international organization with more than 130 chapters in 31 countries. "

Kathy

Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Psych Crime
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 01:23:19 PM »
Well scientologists are not the only ones that think Psychiatry is perpetrating a fraud. Biological Psychiatry (ie. the theory that chemical inbalances cause behavior problems and emotional problems) has never been proven in any empirical study. The symptoms of such diseases as ADD, ADHD, ODD (oppositional defiant disorder, TBS programs favorite), and CD are so vauge that they can easily be applied to anyone, especially teenagers and children. The problem with these diseases is that they have never been proven, yet the mental health establishment keeps making lists of symptoms. If a medical doctor thinks he has discovered a new disease, he has to know not only the symptoms but he must find a physical cause and do empirical research to prove it. Psychiatrists have simply made a list of symptoms and called it a disease even though they have never proven that a disease exists or has some physical cause, as would have to be necesary if medication were to be used in controlling it.  

John Locke, 1692

All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Psych Crime
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2001, 08:18:00 PM »
Clinical or Major Depression are when you are depressed for a long period of time signifying that it is a disease-like problem whereas regular depression is short term unhappiness, like after a death in the family or something like that. When a psychiatrist or psychologist diagnoses depression, it is major depression or clinical depression, they are both the same. If your dog dies and you feel sad for a few weeks, that is regular mourning and being depressed. If you feel that way for several months and it is interfering with your life, then it is major depression.

Biological psychiatry would have you believe that clinical depression is the result of a chemical imbalance that can be treated with "chemical balancers", like prozac, but therapy is a much better way of treating it and personally I think that the chemical imbalance is produced  because you feel unhappy, since many emotions are chemical signals interpreted by your brain, and not the cause of the depression itself.  

There are definitely quality people in mental health, the problem is that parents and society in general often wants a quick fix for their or their kid's problems. If you want therapy, go to a psychologist or a licensed therapist/counselor, if you want medication, go to a psychiatrist. Parents often choose the latter and expect him to give their kid medication, and if he does not think that is the best thing to do, parents find another doctor who will prescribe the drugs. The same goes with residential programs, the real drug rehab programs don't generally take teenagers unless they are doing hard drugs and are addicted, parents want their kids off drugs, regardless of whether they are addicted or not so they take them to a place that will take anyone and they are often scams. Since there is usually no addiction, how can the program claim to treat anything.    

John Locke, 1692