Author Topic: Legal Redress...  (Read 5987 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« on: August 06, 2002, 12:37:00 AM »
I have been wondering.  If Mel Sembler runs one of florida's largest commercial development companies($$$$), AND quotes his founding of STRAIGHT as among his greatsest accomplishments, can we link him to damages.  The catholics are having to cough up for 30 year old stuff, and the DFAF, DARE, SAFE, GT crowds have so many familiar names and operate using the old access and dollars routine.  The honorable mail order doctor newton went away mercifully after about 5 million in damages. Is is time to sting the big boys, or is it just a pipe dream?
Bill
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 07:35:00 AM »
a pipe dream.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 10:35:00 AM »
I figured the $$ are safe from us, as the people suing the churches are finding out in Boston as the diocese approaches bankruptcy to protect its CONSIDERABLE assets.  I oh too well understand all that....
The Italians are CRAZY about thier children, as folks who have been there can attest.  They detest harsh punishment and would probably be aghast at the history of Ambassador Sembler if they knew.  Anyway, every time I see ANOTHER wal-greens or eckerds pop up with a Sembler corp. sign out front, I grit my teeth a bit.  Its even worse when I want to vote republican for good reasons, then remember why I hate them: protecting the abuses of straight and its ilk. Talking Libertarian, then walking a different tune.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 09:42:00 PM »
it is a pipe dream if we want to go after Sembler - he is too powerful adn too much of an asshole.  Now the state of Florida is another matter - we can get those fuckers.   We already have dcf worried.   I am working on getting an attorney; I have manhy powerful lawyer friends that are looking for civil righs attorneys to represent us against the state.   Hang in there, we may get our day in court yet.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 01:06:00 AM »
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2002, 12:00:00 AM »
Funny, Sembler pipe master, what an a hole, a cool dude without any cooth. Straight really sucked for me. They kept me in there way too long. Always setting me back for some lame reason. They songs sucked. Disney shit from hell. Well, at least Newton got screwed. Happy feelings to the dude I use to hate. Alot of suffering and hatred behind that man. His wife Ruth Ann was a bitch also. I'm glad they at least suffered in the pocket where I suffered in the heart. Funny how things work out. Jeff

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 10:15:00 PM »
Shane,
Great name...my boy shares it with you!!  I love money as much as the next guy.  I agree with you in that the goal is not to gain a buck, but to embaress and humiliate these folks.  People who step on others to personally gain are despicable.  The story will get picked up when enough of US start talking about it.  I say again, look at the "Catholic Cascade", where once one humiliated guy could be silenced, but now that they are emboldened, the groups of them are cleaning house in the priesthood.  30 year old wrongs are suddenly REAL RELEVANT.  Lets shout and bitch.  I bet if we networked contacts from our biz. lives and families, it might work.  My mom was telling me she had "funny" documents related to money and the program.  My dad does biz with some rather powerfull folks himself, lawyers and  fat cats of different types.  Ask around people....my mom started telling me things I never new about the program, as they were at one time close to the Newton family.  Maybe if we can cross link wrongdoing (corraboration),or find things that were common that most of us thought were isolated incidents.  I would LOVE to depose V. Miller myself.  
Where in Mad beach does he live?  Probably rolled his $$ into a beach house.  Prick.
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
dream.  We can haunt them till the day they die.  We need to find out what "boards" they are on (ie Bettybitch Sembler is on the holocaust museum in St. Pete) and get them thrown off.  We have already spoken to the Public Relations officer at the museum and are working at getting them kicked off.  If they refuse, then it's protest time.  Even the jews aren't immune from the child abuse stigma.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 02:44:00 PM »
I'm on the road and can not remember my password, so am replying anonymously.  But I am Wesley Fager, a serious Straight researcher.  You said,  "My mom was telling me she had "funny" documents related to money and the program."

I'd like to see a copy of those documents.  Could you please coordinate with me on them.

Anyone who has funny documents on straight and money,  I would like to see them.

Wes Fager
http://www.thestraights.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 03:02:00 PM »
Kpickle is on the right track.  But also don't forget the potential of a claims bill.  For 17 years Straight abused kids intentionaly and in an organized manner.  And the state of Florida knew it and tolerated it,  and sometimes actively promoted it.  The judicial system, the health department, the police and sherif's office, the state's attorney office. That's all spelled out here:

http://thestraights.com/news/index-page ... vil-rights

Of course, the governor of Florida is on the advisory board right now for DFAF so there is not a good atmosphere for a claims bill right now,  but time changes things.  

Also you should know that Florida and Texas are two states that protect the propery of the rich and famous.  Enron's Keneth Lay is a fellow Regeant of the Republican Party (a concept dreamed up by Mel Sembler). No matter how badly he screwed over his fellow man, bankruptcy laws allows him to keep his Texas properties.  Same for Father Casius in Florida.  He still owns his sail boat.

Offline Sunshinegirl0420

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
hey every body, i too would like to be heard. i have alot to say on this and other various issues . i was held in stoughton for a year at the age of 12.it  too has had emotional & traumatic effects on me. i have taken" my share of responsibility for what got me there"  (at 12 yo????)  it is thier turn. i have just recently joined here and already feel better having had this opprtunity to validate these emotions.   as much as i may have hated the group(no, being a part of the group) i think i am glad to have you guys now!! love ya group  (haha):-P

jenn
size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sunshinegirl420 on 2002-08-15 14:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sunshinegirl420 on 2002-08-15 14:38 ]

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 07:15:00 PM »
You are not alone in your feelings about the group experience! :smile:
Personally, although I would like to see them take to task for the damage they did to so many young people, I do believe that they will ultimately pay the price... :smile:
debi
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 11:26:00 PM »
HEY PEOPLES, I just wanted to say thanks for your thoughtful replies to my question of redress.  Yes, I am a dreamer,but I tend to get real tenacious about things when I get fired up.  Well, 12 and 13 year old "druggies" Bill and Jennifer were unable to be heard, but as a licensed medical professional Bill has credibility.  We are all older, and cannot be discounted as "druggies" by the protectors. I signed into the Yahoo board and read rants back and forth between "pro"s and "anti"s.  Reading Mark Davis rabidly defending the program. Posting his phone for anyone wanting to argue about it. People picketing Anne Crow's house in Dunwoody(boy, bet that flies well with the neighbors in thier $500K houses).  She was exec staff of ATL for long time. Many many people visciously hate her as I detest Newton . I lived with them for a whole shitpile of various(mostly first) phases.. Fantastic love filled home. Her sons played us guitars, well played folk,rock, all the stuff against the rules. GO FREAKIN FIGURE.  I had Mark Davis as an oldcomer. The man ranting on the yahoo board about those of us who dont look back fondly couldn't be him??? It is. The debate up north seems to be a bit more lively. When I see real people I knew and lived with slashing at each other's opinions of the program, I know that discrediting the program will not be so easy.
Anyway, Wes, i will follow up on your request....mom's digging.
Marnie>>keep finding those old pics of staff and stuff.  
Who still has old MI's?  I found some and it was very telling as to the psychological status of the writer.  Mine had all sorts of stuff in it that would shock a psychiatrist.  Anybody else...
I thought about making a dime therapy call when I found a list...
Have a good night folks.  I'm done.  
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2002, 04:34:00 PM »
There is actually a board on Yahoo where people are in support of the program??
I am deeply shocked. I will have to seek it out and see what i can do...LOL  :smile:
debi
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Legal Redress...
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2002, 11:37:00 AM »
is that the yahoo alumni board?   If so, I would think that the vast majority of folks on that board think that straight was a crock o' shit (sorry Dave)(haha) - I think most folks  that were actually there will realize one day that it all was a crock too....