Author Topic: WHY I HATE ELAN  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« on: August 20, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
Why do you people have a need to create your own personal chaos?  It?s like season 4 of Beverly Hills 90210 on here?. ?Is Dylan dating Kelly or Brenda? , ?Will David become a Rap Star??, ? Is Brandon?s job at the Peach Pit in jeopardy because of his gambling habit??.

Can you not contribute anything other than insults and bickering?  How about sharing your personal experiences? how you cope day to day after being in Élan?. real stories of abuse, while at Élan, not third party narration?  Those are just a few topics that are certainly more interesting than this playground fighting ?meet me at the big tree after school if your man enough?.

You know why I hate Élan and everything about it? The concept was flawed. The staff was sadistic and the students were selfish predators.  The Élan ?Therapeutic Community? concept was flawed.  NO violence, Relate Your feelings, Don?t act out - Élan creates a false sense of safety and security ? nothing could be further from the truth.  The staff was not qualified to do the job they were hired to do ?Act as if and It will become a part of you? BS. The students that I was subjected to, on a daily basis, were sent to Élan as a last resort to Prison.

The Violence that caused the most harm, in my opinion, was not the restraints, the corner or the rings.  It was the humiliation at the hands of people you were made to trust, ridicule at the hands of people you are forced to call friends and the constant attack on your self-esteem.

Don?t get me wrong if I had not gone to Élan I probably would not be successful today, but I learned at the expense of the thousands of other former residents who are locked up behind padded walls or in the ground. It?s not to say that they would not have made it to those destinations on their own, but I believe Élan was a contributing factor.  Someone should be getting a refund for the service they paid for because Élan sold bad goods.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
bullshit

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »
On 2004-12-04 08:49:00, Chrysta wrote:

"bullshit"

Hey, while you may have had a productive stay at Elan, many many people didnt, and theres no arguing fact. A lot of kids left Elan equipped with far more anger and pain than they went in with.

You might be better off offering your suport to people who still struggle with Elan and its memory. I think you might have a lot to offer them. But dont chose a side when it comes to Elans negative and possitive merits. You'll be laughed out of here real fast.

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
i have never denied anyone their own pain......seek therapy, and i mean this in the nicest way possible.harboring all that anger is not good for ones psyche

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
why should someone seek therapy to remedy what went wrong in therapy?  hold those responsible, retribution is the only "real therapy that ever pays off..

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
no....therapy for their anger. Its just not healthy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »
CHRYSTA ALL MIGHTY CHRYSTA PLEASE SHARE ALL OF YOU SELF CENTERED KNOW IT ALL OPINIONS WITH EVERYONE  WE NEED YOUR GUIDANCE. oh yeah stfu

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »
Can you not be happy for her?  Why do you feel the need to pick on Chrysta for being honest about her feelings?
 Just because YOU are miserable  :cry2:  it does not give you the right to spread it around like a virus!
 Some things are better when you don't share them with others!
 I think she is a great person to have the courage to post here, share her feelings both good and bad, and be proud of who she has become.
You should try to be nicer to people and mabe someone would like you too instead of thinking you are a bone head.
Chrysta, You go girl !!!!!!!!!! :tup: [ This Message was edited by: Llahsram on 2004-12-04 20:53 ]

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »
well thank you. I guess it just took a girl with a big mouth and a lot of balls. How many out there agree?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
On 2004-12-04 20:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"...WE NEED YOUR GUIDANCE."

No, what you need is your last three fucking teeth knocked out of your face. Punk bitch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
she is a real bitch.She must have been one of them fucking the staff members.
Thats the only reason she liked the place.

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »
wrong!! I never said that I liked the place, just that I appreciated it. I am glad I was one of the fortunate ones that had the opportunity to change my life

Offline kelleyblaney

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »
i agree that everyone has a right to their own opinions but as i previously posted i think it is wrong to use this site for the sole purpose of making people feel bad.  too many "anon" posters in here think that they know everything about everyone when in reality you don't know shit.  Everyone has had some hard times in their lives and we were all in elan for our own reasons we have no right to judge each other.  I hated elan with a passion and disagreed with a lot of stuff that went down there, but if not for the timing and elan being there i probally wouldn't be alive today nor would i be able to catch myself when i feel myself headed for trouble.  so for all you fuckwits out there who have nothing better to do then judge our lives maybe you should take a long look at yourself and why your wasting your time bitching in here

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
you real belive elan changed you?
The only reason people change is because they want to. not because elan staff was so helpful.
That place will give me nightmare the rest of my life. the yelling, the rings, there is no forgetting that shit.
waking up every moring, wondering how vandictive, people will be that day to get ahead.
wondering if becasue i smiled at someone, are they going to accuse me of flirting?
or maybe i will be blamed of goofing around because i laughted at something.gee what a place that was.
And the education sucked so bad. i mean shit my parents paid enough money for me to be there id think they could at least give us a good education.and the food whole shit i wouldnt even give it to my dog. like they couldnt afford good food. wtf?

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
WHY I HATE ELAN
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »
On 2004-12-05 16:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"she is a real bitch.She must have been one of them fucking the staff members.

Thats the only reason she liked the place."

ASSHOLE :skull: