Author Topic: anyone from plymouth straight?  (Read 19350 times)

Offline quddusism

• View Profile
anyone from plymouth straight?
« on: August 02, 2002, 01:24:00 PM »
I was in the plymouth program from 87 till 89. Its a trip to see all this stuff about a place I forgot about so long ago I mean this shit is surreal. Now that my memory has been dusted off some Id really like to hear whats up from people I was in there with. I was there 1 month under 2 years so theres so many people if anyone knows people and there whereabouts please post it. Ill name some people off the top of my head. chris simms, peter gilmore,jerry trevathick, rob collins, tony smith, bill ritchie (kid rocks brother),joe mcnish(the fish), elizabeth vorhees, danado collela, nikki peterson, cypress lockett,erin henderson, chris fisher , nikki stevens,rich pauli ,lori werder, jeanie paulachelie,percy mealing, brian elum,tara gus, those two crazy ass italian brothers,mike bolger ,will bolger, well for the moment thats all I can tink off but theres awhole lot more if anyone has info please contact me at quddusism@hotmail , Oh I forgot my name is Quddus Maus. peace

[ This Message was edited by: quddusism on 2002-08-02 10:26 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 12:35:00 AM »
I don't reqognize your name , but i was good friends with about half the names you mentioned. i graduated Dec.10,   1987.  my name is Joe pechette , Nick hoffman was my host bro , Will Bolger was the only cool oldcomer I had. ....

Offline quddusism

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2002, 09:14:00 AM »
I remember nick hoffman, he was a skinny cat with like tripped out eyes. Will was cool when I got there he was staff. I remember when I came in he was in front of group I had no fucking clue what was going on, he was obviously running shit so I kept trying to get up to talk to him and bruce goins and rob collins kept trying to sit me down and shut me up. I was soooo pissed. you may have graduated or left before I got there or soon after. Man Im telling you its bugged out to actually remeber all this stuff I d really had forgot about all this shit till I , for some reason searched the net for Straight and what do you know theres a bunch of sites its truly the definition of "blast from the past"

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2002, 03:58:00 PM »
I felt the same way.  At first I was totally excited to find old friends. People from your program are like no one else in the entire world.  But I've been one these sites for a little over a year and have only run into a couple people I hardly knew. It's pretty disappointing, but I will keep waiting , eventually everyone from Straight who owns a computer will get board enough to look up Straight one day.
  Also there alot of shit that you had to learn to live with these last 15 years that may  resurface and piss you off. Have fun. I try to avoid the politcal part of these sites. Mostly because I don't have enough anger or concern to deal with the irritation but others seem to have enough to go around so I don't feel guilt not doing my part. (lol)  I ran from MI. about 7 months into my 1 year after-care. I got freaked-out. I thought I was going to get sat in group. I've been I CA ever since. I was visiting my folks last week and I drove down AnnArbor Rd. and took a few picks of the building. I'll post em' on Don's site later. I was thinking that if you could put a sign in front of the old building with one of these web site addresses on it we would probable find a lot more old friends. I wonder if the body shop there would consider it if they knew the whole deal.
  Anyway , remember anymore names?...dogs

Offline quddusism

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »
at the moment icant think of any  names of people who wouldve been 5th phasers when i came in all though i can bring up faces you should name people you were in with itll probably help me remeber just like nick hoffman id forgot all about that cat. wasnt he from indiana or some shit like that? as far as being angry at straight i dont harbor bitter resentments towards the place, although we must admit the place was pretty fucked up. my two biggest issues with the place are              1: the way i was kicked out of society, and fired as staff for ridiculous shit .       2: i was there at a time when they were struggling financially and peoples programs started getting longer and longer including mine.                     having said that i think we live in a pretty spiritually bankrupt world and there is no ideal safehaven place . after straight i went to college and the school system is totally fucked,of course its abuse on a totally diffrent level than straight. my point is that instead of dwelling on shit  i try to squeze the gem out of the coal like the old saying goes "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" and believe me pal theres a whole bunch of lemonade to be made. i do believe in fighting injustice but some shit you just got to let slide and let go of. anyways im a get off my soap box. your idea is good im not sure how many people pass that place but im sure quite a few do from time to time and i guarantee they all look when they pass. my motives for coming to this site is the same as yours i would really like to find some people that i knew from there just to see how theyre doing and what theyre doing and of course to do some remienesing. please name some more people. peace

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 03:40:00 PM »
Nick was half black , half  Vietnamese , from Petoski MI. He drank 5 times before coming to Straight. Poor dude! Any way I've got an old "dime theropy" list from when I was on fifth and everyone on it was way newer than me. I'll dig it out and post all the names on it. See if it rings any bells.  Have you kept in touch with anyone from your time there?  John Hynes was there with you. He posts sometimes at the alumni site. Gotta roll...I'll post names later.....dogs

Offline quddusism

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2002, 01:20:00 PM »
Thats wierd its definetly not the same Nick Hoffman, however we had one on my program, I mean how many Nick Hoffmans could there be that went to Straight in the late 80s. Trippey. Yeah I know Jhon Hines. post some names . Ive been cruising this site and a couple others. it seems to be ,for the most part all the same people bumping into each other and I dont know a single one.Not many MI people out there. Hope someone comes along. peace

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 07:23:00 PM »
I hear ya.  I seem to have lost my 900 M.I.'s and all that stuff. I've got a whole gang of old friendship letters , permissions , C.O.C.'s , list's , I've even got my old "runner" badge. I'm totally looking for the stuff and will post more names when I find it.
  Some names I remember:  Jude Carpenter , Breeland , Paulsen , Curruthers , Green , Redge, more later...dogs

Offline quddusism

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »
oh man! yeah john breeland man that dude had a rough program he got started over a few tmes what a guy. I remember the Carruthers brothers they also had cousins in the program they were all from pickney.

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2002, 01:43:00 PM »
I've got a few friendship letters from that dude.  More names: Trombley , Orlando... One of my newc's was named Dave lacy. He was from So. CA. One day I chased the guy for 5 miles until I caught him. Then I told him I just wanted to see if I could catch him and let him go. Lucky bastard got pulled a few weeks later. About 3 years later I'm at a bro's house in Huntington beach CA , passin' "one" around...and who do you think I pass it on to? We hung out a few times , it was trippy....dogs

Offline 2dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2002, 11:09:00 AM »
Hey bro...you still around? Can you remember any more names? ...JOEY

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
quddusism, I emailed you about Plymouth Straight and I remember half the names you mentioned, I never realized until yesterday(I've been EXTREAMLY busy at work) that I remembered you because I saw you posted your real name.
I would like to keep in contact with you (and anyone else who is interested).
my email address [email protected]
thanks

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-08-28 19:23 ]
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2002, 10:37:00 AM »
Whats up playa!?!Im back cant recall any more names at the moment. Ill keep checkn this site to see whats the deally.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2002, 05:57:00 PM »
hey all,,sam shaw here i was about the second group to open michigan from cinci. thought id say hi,,you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2002, 06:02:00 PM »
hey all,,sam shaw here i was about the second group to open michigan from cinci. thought id say hi,,you can e-mail me at [email protected]