Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4031 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
I dont agree with ya maggot! HURRAH!!!!!!

The  intended out come I think is about the same for both organizations. Both strived to produce strong minded, independent, self reliant, confident
self thinkers ,and good morale ethical decsion makers.
    If I remember, the Seed even had group raps on honor, courage and commitments. This is all damn close with what the Marine Corps teach. As for what you think Arts goals were?,It seems as if he must have discussed this with you personally from your statement. All I know is that I (we) must all have washed out from the program if fallowing his goals!
     Is this where I say ,"The Seed LOVES YOU" or      
 "SEMPER FI"
                  TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hello
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »
Ignore what they say, watch what they do.

The whole stepcraft religion is based on self debasement. According to its practitioners, in order to recover from the 'disease' of substance abuse, you must first declare and believe that you are a totally helpless, worthless victim of this alleged disease and that only by stayed belief in this basic axiom can anyone hope to even continue to draw breath.

Just go and try telling a Marine that he's powerless, insane and not capable of trusting his own instincts and thought processes.

From the bottom of any large organization looking up through the ranks, human greed and stupidity look a lot like a conspiracy.
--S. Gilbert

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »
One is not a marine until one graduates from boot camp. He is lower then life.. a maggot.He is not allowed to think on his own. His disease is being a civilian. No debasement there! My last word again is  the Seed was not as bad as boot camp.

TRUCKER

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hello
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
Yes, but it's only part time.

In boot camp, you can turn to one of your fellow recruites and say "Man, Sarge is an ASSHOLE!" In The Seed, you couldn't say that about Art. You were not even allowed to speak w/ fellow newcomers, only w/ kids who were already brainwashed and/or intimidated enough to never, ever say a word against Art or the Program.

I wasn't in the 'inner circle' but I was along for the ride for a very long time. I think the guy's a fucking lunatic, a megalomaniac and greedy bastard who never gave a care for what he was doing to people. As long as he had a room full of people shouting "We love ya, Art!" on command and willing to humiliate themselves in various ways to proove it, that's all that mattered.

For the community to have 10% to 25% of its men unable to vote or unable to access credit or other privileges of citizenship for the rest of their lives in some states creates a permanently diminished
group within society.
http://www.urban.org/authors/travis.html' target='_new'>Jeremy Travis, Urban Institute

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »
I wasn't in the marine corps so it is hard to comment from a first person perspective.  My personal issues with the seed had more to do with the destruction of my personal family, being 14 in thought reform, being rejected first by all my friends, then later by all the seed kids when I decided to think on my own, being forced to worship someone like he was a god....

None of that, I might add, is part of the marine corps.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »
On 2004-08-20 20:43:00, Filobeddoe wrote:

"Greetings GregFL,

Your points about the differences between the brainwashing/indoctrination/behavior modification of the Seed vs the Marine Corps while true ... miss the point.

"

I don't think so.I get your point and I am acutely aware the Marine Corps uses brainwashing techniques. The differences between the two are vast...I was pointing that out to you. It is a far different thing when you join up for a little brainwashing for a set amount of time for a specific reason then when you are a mere child, lied to, threatend by force and emotionally brutalized and then compelled and coerced to turn on your developiing identity in order to survive and told that people can tell your very thoughts, ridiculed and eventually are given the choice between compliance and your very family.

Far different purposes, far different results.

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
I agree age and maturity seemed to play a lot on how one made it through the Seed or the Marines.

TRUCKER