Author Topic: Nice guys finish last  (Read 1457 times)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« on: August 13, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »
Erased...[ This Message was edited by: phoenix on 2004-08-16 20:50 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »
Not your fault man...I dont think you meant any harm. She just isnt the one bro....I know breakups suck but youll get over her in a week, or a month...or a year ...etc..

At least she didnt marry you and ...then break up with ya ..
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline future.air

• View Profile
    • http://elizabethhuey.com
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »
I agree with Scarstruck.  You will definitely find someone who appreciates the determined effort to truly understand another person's experience.[ This Message was edited by: future.air on 2004-08-13 05:32 ]
pringfield VA 88-90

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
On 2004-08-12 22:43:00, phoenix wrote:

"Well I have news....

I've lost her... for good...

When she called me tonight I KNEW something was wrong just by the tone of her voice...  She's seen the posts and feels violated.

She wont be calling me anymore...  to quote her "Dave, we will probably never get back together"...  That was the nicest let-down I've ever heard, but its a let-down nevertheless.

I'm heartbroken...  I lost her, and for nothing..

I cant come here anymore (or at least for a while)...  it will remind me of her...until I'm over her the pain will be too sharp.  But I wont forget what I've learned the past few days... and I wont neglect to put that knowledge into action...

Sigh...  Farewell friends...

[email protected]"

Nice guys are good. We need more like you. Lots of quality women out there that want to meet men like you so don't be so hard on yourself.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »
I married a nice guy. They don?t finish last, but they can?t fix broken people. She has to be willing to help herself before you can. It?s good that you can understand even though you are disappointed and saddened. This simply is just not her time presently.

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »
The only attitude that will get you through this the right way is to start hating THAT person.  Remember all the dumb shit that person put you through.

It will not be hard for you to decide that person has, more than obviously, made the wrong decisions.  Why the fuck are you going to let that person effect your shit when that person does not have their shit together?  Just listening to you write about that person, makes me hate that person.  I meet so many people like that everyday who want to waste time on relationships and fuck up other people's lives.  Don't have time for it.  

You are deluding yourself if you think that person is good enough for you or deserves you.  I don't believe in 'rebounds' because this is America where we are free.  Friends come and go, relationships begin and end.  That person had enough time to 'let you down easy', now give yourself enough time to not give that person anymore of your time.

Your life is no longer about that person, because that person has chosen not to be part of YOU, so its still just you like it always has been.  In your experience you know someone much better will come along.  The only thing you can hope to learn from that person who did you wrongly, is not to enjoy those kinds of people's company anymore.  There are people out there, lots of them, who are looking for the oppurtunity to sponsor you, take care of you, and really help you with what YOU are doing.

So, this other person is old hat and any further discussion or milling or mulling about it is a waste of your time ...

unless you can still take something from them.

The next person you treat like total fucking shit will make you feel better, too, in case you decide not to follow my perfectly right and correct advice.

Again, the only way for you to come away from some bullshit someone put you through is to become whole again.  You gave of yourself and made compromises and mistakes like they did.  Now what?  I don't believe in healing time.  But, the only way to circumvent healing time is to become wrath, and not carelessly.  Be prejudice.  Be choosey. Be picky.  Blow that person off because that's what they want you to do.  Blow them off your shoulder like a flake because that's what they are.

Most people I know: all they have is their relationships.  But, other people have their jobs or their addictions or something else besides something so trivial as relationships with humans.  Humans suck ass all day long.  They will die on you, they will steal, take your time, live with you, manipulate you, and do other shit to try and change you.  When you snap out of the spell some people put on you, you find you went through some shit you didn't want in the first place.

Let's be real here.  Relationships can be divided into;
1. sex
2. someone to hang out with and share common shit like religion or
3. money or financial growth
4. destruction.

The fourth reason you can see how some people never cut ties with their family, so those people tend to choose partners who remind them of their parents, or god, or some other bullshit - and they wind up recreating situations that are not productive or in the endgame those people wind up hurting themselves far more when all they had to do was get a counselor and get over some of the ghosts in their head.

You can do it, and you will.  They were just a flake on your shoulder.  You are just fine now, not soon.  That is because hatred not only breeds more pickiness for the future, but you will be able to enjoy those things you personally like in other people, too.  Since you cannot change your emotions, something everyone feels all day and emotions are completely unreliable as you now know, the first step to checking yourself and being here and now is to change your thoughts.  These thoughts can determine your emotions when your realize what's more important and who controls you - other people will not think for you.

Sometimes moving forward isn't easy either.  If you can afford it, move away for awhile or take a vacation so you can decide the best course of action.  If you cant do any of these then just be careful.  Now its time for you.  You.  You.  Fuck that other person.  I would hate 'being let down easy'. Whimps do that.

"Animals, you have issues.  You need help.  That's not right.  You're mental.  Whatever.  I don't understand.  Shutup, animals.  I'm going to turn this into a gender issue because I know you're right. So serious. You have relationship issues, animals."

- You know I'm right.  

[ This Message was edited by: animals all of us on 2004-08-13 14:45 ]

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »
Erased...[ This Message was edited by: phoenix on 2004-08-16 20:51 ]

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Nice guys finish last
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »
On 2004-08-13 15:12:00, phoenix wrote:

"Thank you everyone..  I appreciate your support. Its quite unexpected! But very much appreciated.

I know in my head that the pain will pass with time...  Animals is right, getting let down easy is actually harder..  A clean, angry break is somehow easier.

I've gotten rid of the obvious reminders of her..  The letters I'd written her..some she had written me etc..  I have to erase what I've been hanging onto... because yes, I have to become whole again..  this has effectively hollowed me out...

I'm going to drive to Grande Prairie to see an old friend...  She's one of those people who will tell it to you like it is.. Tell you what you need to hear, even when you would prefer not to hear it at the time.. All good medicine tastes bitter at first.

You are all right, she cant accept love until she learns to love herself.  After speaking last night, I dont believe she does..  Thats very sad, but its not something I can do anything about.  I hope for her sake that one day she finds inner peace..  Otherwise her life will be long and lonely.

I've had enough of lonely... I'm going to take a bit of time to refresh, reflect, recharge. Then I will take a good look around.. See what I've been missing while I've let this consume me. You know?

I need a new focus.. a new goal  (or goals)..

Again, thanks..

Dave"

Nah dude, you just need a new chick that reciprocates your efforts. But feelings make it hard to see things the way they are...feelings can cloud vision and judgement.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S