Author Topic: AARC seen threw the eyes of a sibling.  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC seen threw the eyes of a sibling.
« on: August 07, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
Ok, I am posting as a person who went through the treatment of AARC as a sibling. Did I hate AARC? Well, given that I was a sibling the awnser is yes. AARC sucked as a sibling as since I was living outside the province with my mom we had to drive in almost every weekend for the first half my brother was in AARC. I didn't hate AARC because it tried to brainwash me :lol: I disliked AARC because it was a strain on my life to drive about eight hours to get there on friday, and than spend my friday night at AARC.

Now like most other places you go in this world AARC had people I liked and others I disliked. Though I do know some amazing people worked at AARC when I went through AARC as a sibling.

As for AARC brainwashing kids into thinking they are "drugies" when somebody's goal for the day is to simply get high, I am sorry but you are a druggie.

A week ago I was at a AARC grad, and well another family which thanks to AARC has their family back together.

My last point is going to be on Dr. Vause. Great guy. Saved my brothers life, and helped the rest of my family.

Oh well I am off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ottawa2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »
Hi there!
My brother went through a program called RMA in Idaho. I kinda know how you feel but I never had to drive to see my brother. We flew ever now and then though. And he came home on visits. I don't get why so many people think that these programs are a bad thing it help my brother in many many ways. Are you a Canadian? I live in the USA but I have Canadian citizenship too because my mom was born in Canada. Please reply!
 :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
Yeah I am Canadian. I laugh when I read some of this stuff. The whole idea of places like AARC being a cult.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
Because we're older now and realize that, had we not been uduely influenced, we would never have said and done some of the things we did back then.

Necessity never made a good bargain
--Benjamin Franklin Apr. 1734

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »
"As for AARC brainwashing kids into thinking they are "drugies" when somebody's goal for the day is to simply get high, I am sorry but you are a druggie."

You see, this is the problem though with places like aarc, it wasn't everybody's goal for the day.  Some of the kids in there had only smoked pot a couple times.  It wasn't their goal, they were just going through normal teenage stuff, but get into aarc and suddenly you're a drug addict. It's hammered into you so much, that you eventually start to believe it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
"Some of the kids in there had only smoked pot a couple times. It wasn't their goal, they were just going through normal teenage stuff, but get into aarc and suddenly you're a drug addict. It's hammered into you so much, that you eventually start to believe it."

:rofl: That is such bs. Not only because possible clients get tested on their addiction level, but the majority of the parents would ignore the use of pot if they still could function in life. Also when I went into AARC I fully admitted that I drank alcohol with friends on ocassion, they didn't put me into AARC for that, because I didn't have a addiction.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Wow AARC lingo. It amazes me that after all this time their lingo hasn't altered at all.

It also amazes me that someone would try to deny that people who aren't addicts don't still get "converted" to addicts. Can't tell you how many kids I saw who had smoked pot about 5 times and drank a few times who had to "accept their powerlesseness over alcohol".

Anyone out their in the real world understands that most college kids will go overboard partying, but still come out unscathed and sober up and lead normal lives. Only a small percent never stop the party. When you're not even 18, you haven't been alive long enough to see how you'll come out in the end, with the exception of physical addictions such as heroine which you'll need medical care to detox from, which of course AARC is not fit for.

Tested? Funny stuff! Funny how if you're working up at the front you get to see people from low income families be refused for not being addicted, even though they willingly admit to having used more than most of the clients in AARC, but yet a wealthy young boy who's been smoking pot on weekends for 5 months tests say he's at a dangerous level of addiction.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
"It also amazes me that someone would try to deny that people who aren't addicts don't still get "converted" to addicts. Can't tell you how many kids I saw who had smoked pot about 5 times and drank a few times who had to "accept their powerlesseness over alcohol"."

If you say so. I never saw it happen and I never heard of it happening.

"Anyone out their in the real world understands that most college kids will go overboard partying, but still come out unscathed and sober up and lead normal lives. Only a small percent never stop the party. When you're not even 18, you haven't been alive long enough to see how you'll come out in the end, with the exception of physical addictions such as heroine which you'll need medical care to detox from, which of course AARC is not fit for."

Anyone out in the real world understands that college kids party after class, and don't get high all day.

"Tested? Funny stuff! Funny how if you're working up at the front you get to see people from low income families be refused for not being addicted, even though they willingly admit to having used more than most of the clients in AARC, but yet a wealthy young boy who's been smoking pot on weekends for 5 months tests say he's at a dangerous level of addiction."

:roll:  Your hate for AARC simply shows you ignore reality. When I went through AARC many people could not afford to pay alot, and hey what do you know, they were allowed in/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »
i too attended aarc as a step parant. aarc is differnt, but i do believe it saves lifes. for some it may be the last resort for others their are other places. our son ran and went to another center for treatment. so far so good. as far as dean varse if he is saving lifes you have to give him is credit due. remember hes ben there also like some of us. ther was lots i didnt like but i still believe in aarc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
With spelling like that you either aren't an adult, or too "special" to know when you're in a cult.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »
"With spelling like that you either aren't an adult, or too "special" to know when you're in a cult."

Can you prove its a cult?