Author Topic: Question Posted Here  (Read 1103 times)

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« on: July 28, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
I notice there is an underlying sentiment that there are still people out there in the world who will seek to do us harm.

I have logged in under anonymous names at many times.  I, too, find it very ambiguous that at all the protests, rallies and other shit I've been to in the name of Survivors of Straight - I have always been told to Calm Down and keep quiet.  I find that very odd.  I have been lied to and shut out by many who you believe are to be heroes in our cause.

So, I think its safe to perceive that several people who do log in as anonymous are very afraid.  I still imagine that Melvin Sembler is out there hiring some old Straight graduates who still believe in abusing children - and they are getting paid to find those who are against Sembler, gather information and report it back to Sembler.  Perhaps that is paranoia, but it is best to be more careful when you reveal yourself.

I am not disdaining being anonymous.  I just wonder what it is that stops you from revealing yourself.  

One reason I do it in here is that I sometimes take the opposite viewpoint of others when topics are discussed.  Because this ID Here is the survivor.  I have found it beneficial to be anonymous and discuss the topics with others because it brings out their true points when they are not watching or blocking their intentions.

Why do YOU post anonymously?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
So, that when people disagree with me they have to take their fury out blindly. (You anonymous bastard, whoever the hell you are) Being anonymous empowers me to speak freely, instead of speaking like everyone else does. Anonymous posting keeps it real. Being anonymous is synonymous with freedom, the freedom of speech. Without it, the first amendment would be (and is) trampled upon daily. I don't have to go on and on about the benefits of anonymous posting, for it is self-evident truth. :nworthy:

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »
'Anonymity' is probably hated on a board like this for several reasons though.  "Anonymity" was the first and most important rule in Straight Incorporated.  This was the holy rule that was ingrained in our brains, and it's the one that caused so much massacre and brainwash.  

Anonymity: What you say here, what you see here, what you do here; stays here.  No talking about issues or behind other people's backs except with explicit permission from staff and only in group.  

Fuck your idea of anonymity.  I hope you're not someone I know.  But, I disagree with some of what you say about 'Anonymity' and what it is.  You seem to have no idea.  But my question was not loaded to begin with, I am not starting a war with you.  I merely thought of it when you attempted to define why you yourself post anonymously.  But, more power to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
Personally I post anonymously b/c it is easier. I have no motive except I normally check in once a day with this forum at work and have never taken the time to sign in officially. I honestly don't know how much time it would take to sign up with a user name. I also feel giving myself a "name" wouldn't be any more helpful in knowing who I am since most everyone here chooses not to use their given names. Anyway that's my reason.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Question Posted Here
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »
It only takes a couple of minutes to register a name. If you allow a cookie (optional) you can also have the site log you in automagically. If you don't allow the cookie, you can still use the forum and the username, it's just a pain in the ass having to continually log in. That's not something I set up intentionally, it's just the nature of the beast.

Now, all that said, there are a couple of really nice benefits to having a registered username. You can use the PMs. You can watch topics so that you get email whenever that topic gets a new post. But most of the benefit goes to the readers. It just gets confusing having a conversation w/ a bunch of different anonymous people. You can never be quite sure who said what or even how many different people you're talking to.

Admins and moderators (including yours truely) have a slight advantage in that we can see which IP address each post comes from and it comes up in a tidy report showing all posts from the same IP. But that doesn't help much where more than one person is using the same proxy (as w/ default AOL behavior)

Just some factoids.... pretty sure most of this is in the FAQ already.

Here's freedom to him who would read;

Here's freedom to him who would write;

None ever feared that the truth should be heard,

But them that the truth would indict.

--author unknown (circa 1914)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »
Thanks for the information Ginger. Like I said I am always at work with limited time so I wasn't sure how much time was needed to "log on." Now maybe one day soon I can do so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »
Aw heck, Ginger knows it's me because of the I.P!

Hehe... Guess I should register a name one of these days soon...

Sincerely,

John Doe

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »
Haters of anonymity unite!!

You punk ass anonymous people think you're so slick. You make me sick. You've got to be pulling wrongs like you did on your phases. It's all gonna come out in the wash.

And by the way, if you drink or take drugs you will DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Everybody together)
Love you anonymous, love you group.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Question Posted Here
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
Anononymity is never totally anonymous in any web forum, though it's fairly simple to make yourself anon to the admin if your desire is to do so (HA, this post isn't from Fort Worth Ginger, I am really posting from Istanbul!!...kidding).

I choose to post anon on occasion as it disassociates my words from my identity or any pseudo-identity I may create.