Author Topic: VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA  (Read 113961 times)

Offline pamwoodger

• View Profile
VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY JAY FLORIDA
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
i wsn rebekah, it was cruel what they did to us as well so i understand your pain
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
Dorothy, I remember you.  I buddied you.  I remember what happened to you when you were a new girl in Dorm 3.  (I don't want to put your story here without your permission, although I think it's definitely worth telling.)  You were very headstrong then, and I hope that you still are now.  It's a good character trait, not one that was appreciated at VCA.  I can hardly remember how I treated you.  I hope not terribly.  

We have a Yahoo group with over 100 former students, and a Myspace group too.  Karrie Palmer is in the Myspace group.  April Sweet is in the Yahoo group.  (She's expecting her 2nd baby.)

Here are the links:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/victorychristianacademy/
http://groups.myspace.com/vcacademy

-Candice (Freed)

Quote from: ""DD""
Hi, My name is Dorothy (Foster) Delaney, I attended VCA from Dec. 1994 – June 1996.

I woke up from a nap this afternoon with VCA heavily on my mind. I’d looked in the past for people I went to VCA with but really didn’t get to far, until today, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who walked away thinking and that was supposed to help me? Well in all fairness I learned some of my best fake it until you make it moves from VCA, but besides that, I didn’t agree with a lot of when on there or of what I saw. However, I miss the girls dearly, Carrie Palmer, April Sweet, I remember you! I worked yard crew with you! Gosh so many girls.

VCA is an experience that only those that were forced through it can understand. I’d love to talk to anyone for anytime at VCA.

Best to all,
DD
[email protected]
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Bluraygun

• View Profile
VCA 1987 - 1988
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2007, 01:55:56 PM »
My name when I was there was Dana Palmer (no relation).  

I can't believe it has been 20 years since I was at Victory.  I also have both good memories and bad.  I met my best friend Amy there and she has been a great support.  But I also have some anxiety issues due to techniques Victory staff employed as well.  

I was reading posts for a few years ago (as I just found this) and boy do I remember alot.  I remember Amie (Bro P. daughter) and Nico, I even attended their wedding.  I remember the Brownes, Miss Virginia, Ms. Judy (Chris & Pitts) was there when I was a "new girl", the Cooks and the Kissles.  Boy was I shocked to hear Yesenia came back as a staff, she must have tortured people.  I had laundry duty for what seemed like forever.  The "GR" room I was well acquianted with when I was new. I could go on and on.    Anyone remember and of this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
vca
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I was at Victory way back when it was in Ramona, California and I can't think of anything negative to say about that place, it changed my life and I am now a very happy grown woman with a family that I dont think had I not gone there, I wouldn't have those things. Im not understanding all the hateful things placed on this site, it's sad  :sad:
 I was at vca in ramona from 8-1-87 to 7-18-88. when were you there and who are you? and i'm not ashamed to use my real name. that's the name I was at vca.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: VCA 1987 - 1988
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Bluraygun""
My name when I was there was Dana Palmer (no relation).  

I can't believe it has been 20 years since I was at Victory.  I also have both good memories and bad.  I met my best friend Amy there and she has been a great support.  But I also have some anxiety issues due to techniques Victory staff employed as well.  

I was reading posts for a few years ago (as I just found this) and boy do I remember alot.  I remember Amie (Bro P. daughter) and Nico, I even attended their wedding.  I remember the Brownes, Miss Virginia, Ms. Judy (Chris & Pitts) was there when I was a "new girl", the Cooks and the Kissles.  Boy was I shocked to hear Yesenia came back as a staff, she must have tortured people.  I had laundry duty for what seemed like forever.  The "GR" room I was well acquianted with when I was new. I could go on and on.    Anyone remember and of this?
 DANA!!! It's me! Christine Gatto!! Holy crap! I finaly found someone who was there with me!! Did you hear about Carey Dunn? I just saw on line last night that in '88 a pile of lumber fell on her at vca and killed her. Let me talk about that GRR!! i spent so much time in BOTH of them!! Dorm 2 and dorm3!! My email address is (and you'll love this) [email protected]. give me a holler!! And Yesenia as staff??!! Well, strander things have happened!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »
Quote from: ""Nico""
Sorry I havent replied in so long.  Lets just say I have been very busy these last few months.

Someone asked why I even came here and I wanted to answer that.

When Amie and I worked there, we werent realy much older than the girls.  Niether of us were realy in an authority position, I worked outside with the girls somtimes, and Amie was just kinda thier friend.  We both just tried to have fun with the girls and be their friends.  

I have said this before and gotten teased, but I never saw anything bad happen.  Sure I saw some staff members be real rude to some of the girls, and I always felt bad, but there was not much I cold do about it (Ive always told Mr P that he should have had a school for wayword staff members instead)

So, when I herd about this site, I was kinda bummed.  I just came here, read a few things, and never responded.  I dont know if there are any girls here from when Amie and I were at the school.  Someone mentioned me in a thread so I figured I'd respond.  Thats prity much it.

I was sent to a Military school when I was in the 8th grade, and was treated horribly by staff and students, so I can empithize with some of your feelings.

I realy hope that whatever happened there, you girls can find peace.  Gods not the bad guy, but people are.

Talk to you later-Nico
Nico! I remember you!You guys were still planning the wedding when I was there! (8-1-87 to 7-18-88) Tell Amie I said hi if she remembers me. I was Christine Gatto way back then!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lighthouse
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »
Wow... You all seem like some really angry people. The place in Jay has changed a lot, so you're kind of dwelling on the past. It is now called Lighthouse Christian Academy and there is a new Pastor as well. Pastor Cookston.  I was in LCA from April 2006- June 2007. I guess i'm knid of flabergasted about what some of you wrote. They still do the soap thing, but they NEVER shoved it down anyone's throat while i was there... Are you sure you aren't overreacting? They only did good by me. I thought they were unfair in some areas, but they've never harmed anyone unless they were tring to hurt someone...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lighthouse
« Reply #337 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46:12 AM »
Wow... You all seem like some really angry people. The place in Jay has changed a lot, so you're kind of dwelling on the past. It is now called Lighthouse Christian Academy and there is a new Pastor as well. Pastor Cookston.  I was in LCA from April 2006- June 2007. I guess i'm knid of flabergasted about what some of you wrote. They still do the soap thing, but they NEVER shoved it down anyone's throat while i was there... Are you sure you aren't overreacting? They only did good by me. I thought they were unfair in some areas, but they've never harmed anyone unless they were tring to hurt someone...

Offline Bluraygun

• View Profile
Re: Lighthouse
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »
Quote from: ""hollyee""

So glad things turned out well for you.  Obviously though you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the VCA we all attended.  You would be angry too if you had to go through what alot of us did.  Anger is a part of healing and sometimes you have to "dwell on the past" in order to get through it and on with life.  It has taken many of us years to get this far.  Have you stopped to think that maybe many of us might be angry due to people telling us to "get over it" or that we are "overreacting" - abuse is abuse, whether it be mental or physical and comments like those only make it harder to move on.  Places like this give survivors like myself a place to vent and a sense of belonging knowing we are not alone in our struggle.

I wish you the best of luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
VCA
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
Hi, WOW just stumbled across this blog and wanted to weigh in... I m a VCA Survivor from Ramona California back in 1988. When the whole thing happened where a girl, carey died due to an accident while we were building a new church house(many of us were). any way, after the palmers were basicly shut down out here they moved to Florida.
How many are out there. my god!!!I've put this behind me for almost 20 years, but wouldn't you know , it never quite goes away.
What ever happened to Miss Virginia?? Does any one know? Or the Browns?
And as for all of you out there that cant understand or tend to criticize , YOU DONT KNOW!! You cant possibly unless you were there. So bite that one and chew on it for a while. see ya. 8-)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former VCA Student
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »
I attended VCA in San Diego and in Florida from 1991 to 1994 and I am looking for ANY of the girls that remember me. Stace, Stephanie, Nermine, Heather, Angela, Rebecca, ann and the list goes on. My name at the time was Annette Conner but now my name is Annette Flores! Write me anyone from there..love ya guys :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former VCA Student
« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2007, 04:14:16 PM »
I attended VCA in San Diego and in Florida from 1991 to 1994 and I am looking for ANY of the girls that remember me. Stace, Stephanie, Nermine, Heather, Angela, Rebecca, ann and the list goes on. My name at the time was Annette Conner but now my name is Annette Flores! Write me anyone from there..love ya guys :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former VCA Student
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2007, 04:25:30 PM »
Hey Smileicious, How are you doing? We went to the school at different times however yes i know Mrs. Virgina and the browns. Mrs. Virgina left the school i believe back in 1992 and went out of state, she didnt really give any reasons why she was leaving but she did and honestly i was pleased that she was gone. The Browns, both sets were there and i loved Big brother browns wife and lil brothers browns wife was ok too but she wasnt to loving and when she was well she was just fake. lol more in a bit

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
New Lighthouse?
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:13 AM »
Are these schools connected to Roloff?  

Lorri
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 06, 2007, 01:04:19 AM »
From the ISAC page -
Lighthouse Ministries of North West Florida is a locked-down facility for girls in Jay, Florida.

It's previous name was Victory Christian Academy/Genesis Ministries.

The owner of the facility, Brother Michael Palmer, was a long-time associate of Lester Roloff.

Roloff gained notoriety in the 70's for paddling pregnant teens in his care and for declaring that he would die before he submitted to state licensing of his programs for wayward juveniles.

Victory Christian Academy used to be located in California but Palmer and his wife moved the facility to Florida after a California judge ordered the facility to close and banned Palmer and his wife Patty from EVER working at another unlicensed facility in the state.

Yup, Roloff  spread like cancer....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]