Author Topic: July 11 was the day I was abandoned at RMA. read on  (Read 15113 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
July 11 was the day I was abandoned at RMA. read on
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »
Okay, next question. What is Ascent? Did Dan Krump have anything to do with SUWS?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »
hmmm...I don't know. Krump ran my wilderness challenge. If you see "getting laid in a snow cave" the string- you can read about where I accidentally jerked off all over myself while on solo. If not, ask another question about Survival SEWS, because it helped me. Too bad RMA often made me feel incapable because I was most zen when I had to return. Dan was pretty cool. I know he's really old school when it comes to CEDU so...hope he was cool to everyone else...I was sad to hear about Mare's recent passing.

Man, that place was so strange I don't know really what to think of people who I say were "cool" if they worked there.
Anon, do/have you?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 02:32:00 AM »
Oh... I just happened upon this thread while searching "Caroline Wolf" on Google. Had to laugh when I read the comments, I was actually wondering what happened to her as I had been having a conversation with my husband about what a bitch she was... Hard to explain to someone who has never experienced her "insight" firsthand.  
I was sad to hear that Mare had passed... Since I just saw that in the last post, can anyone fill me in on the when, how etc.
I didn't know her well, only in passing at school but, she was always wonderful to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
I am sorry,  I do not remember how Mare passed.    I really liked her.

But,  I am curious how do you explain RMA to your husband?   I've had a hard time explaining the place to my partner.

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
Do you have a scrapbook?  That is how I told my husband about it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
I think I have the scrapbook at the family vacation home in the attic.   Great idea.     Thank you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
Incidentally, just a few months prior to my arrival, one of Richard Armstrong?s collegues at RMA quietly left ?teaching? at the ?school? after being privately exposed as a white supremecist. With a plan in motion to kidnap kids ?especially Jewish ones? to ransom for monies destined for Hayden Lake, Idaho where the Aryan Nation had its headquarters. I would like to think that had my parents been provided with this information, perhaps I would have been spared the next two and a half years.

Just consider the possible implications.

Nice :exclaim:

From the bottom of any large organization looking up through the ranks, human greed and stupidity look a lot like a conspiracy.
--S. Gilbert

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »
It has been almost a year since I discovered this site. It has been about a year since I found that other people were as affected by the CEDU system. I found I was not alone. I went to my parents to chat with them about the recent discoveries and validation of the wierdness of the program. (god forbid I would use the term abuse)
They don't want to talk about it. They believe it was a mistake sending me there but that ends their responsibilty. They don't want to talk about all the doubts and confusion that were borne there. They can't admit that those years still touch me daily and reminders are plentiful in both sleeping and waking hours. It's a fight with them when I try to relate some of the finer points of damage inflicted on my self image. It's a fight when I mention that I still struggle with aspects of that time. Does someone have parents who have enough love for me too? I still want it, I still need it to thrive and feel positive, and they do still fail to give me shelter from the storm inside myself.
   That is one thing I can never forgive about the program. IT DESTROYED MY CONFIDENCE. Oh, in the short term I thought I was a god. I mean, I was...I did the summit and graduated...why five years later did all seem so distant and faded. A prisoner who is released into the custody of a mental hospital would understand: THEY WERE BIG ISSUES, and they were not dealt with appropiately. Yes, it's over. It's been over since the schools were sold for the first time, and no other kids will go through as intense a program should they find themselves unlucky enough to be "sent away". And yet...the damage has been done. And the hurts are back toward the surface. Rehashing this RMA experience in therapy and conversation has only magnified what a BIG FUCKING DEAL IT WAS! Get out of my head DOUG, VICKI, STEVE, RANDY, CAROLINE, BRUCE, DAN, CARMEN, and the rest. Your yelling and faux love was POISON. I hope your new careers leave you as impotent in the workforce as you left many of us socially.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Man, I'm glad you found some consolation from this li'll project. I don't know that you can ever "go home", but it is nice to find out others saw what you saw, that you didn't just imagine it all.

However, when I went back to the beginning of this thread, I remembered how much I was looking forward to the next installment written as to the uninitiated. But now you're talking on a different level, to those who know.

Oh well. If you can find it in yourself to drop back into that voice, that would be awsome! You really do have a talent for the meaningful vingette. If not, oh well, just a request from a fan.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
On 2005-05-17 05:34:00, blownawaytheidahoway wrote:

"It has been almost a year since I discovered this site. It has been about a year since I found that other people were as affected by the CEDU system. I found I was not alone. I went to my parents to chat with them about the recent discoveries and validation of the wierdness of the program. (god forbid I would use the term abuse)

They don't want to talk about it. They believe it was a mistake sending me there but that ends their responsibilty. They don't want to talk about all the doubts and confusion that were borne there. They can't admit that those years still touch me daily and reminders are plentiful in both sleeping and waking hours. It's a fight with them when I try to relate some of the finer points of damage inflicted on my self image. It's a fight when I mention that I still struggle with aspects of that time. Does someone have parents who have enough love for me too? I still want it, I still need it to thrive and feel positive, and they do still fail to give me shelter from the storm inside myself.

Isn't that the worst insult to injury? I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Having no way to validate our experience, this abuse that we were told so many times that we "deserved" by the staff there.  This is serious, serious shit, and nobody in the mental health industry cares enough to do something about it. It is about time we recieved some attention and recognition for our ordeals! And we need some help fixing ourselves after all of this! This shit haunts us and fucks us up terminally for the rest of our long or short (suicidal) lives and we need love and some care! People are so fucking sick and fed up of feeling like they were tossed in the trash! This could be the beginning of the end of this country.
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
Thank you both so much for the feedback. Truthfully, my project has been halted for two major reason. The first an irritating financial concern since my Cedu cum Liberal Arts education has left me like a fish strapped to a cinder block. The second is I got stopped by the realization that I don't know now HOW to explain WHAT happened. Because I don't know WHAT happened. Which rap, which point in what propheet, did the part of me that just knew what was happening was wrong- die? HOW did I get so brainwashed that I still can't handle hearing propheet music? And when part of a RMA soundtrack starts to play in my head, it is DIFFICULT to silence and purge. Indeed the thoughts and memories of the experience still "haunt" me and keep me awake and upset for unexplainable reasons.
In writing a description of my time there it has become clear that I can't just write from the surface...how can the reader idnetify truly with a rap without experiencing it
themselves? Oh! I'm trying, but I got stuck with writing about the first propheet. It's hard to capture the confusion and wonder and fear we felt. Mystery was a giant presence.
It just got a little overwhelming, but you here have reinvigorated my desire to push on. Thanks.
-blownawaythegoddamnidahoway
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
If you just do it a little at a time when inspired and if the initial instalments are any indication, it'll be fantastic!

It is hard to explain, though. Little things that an outsider just can't apreciate. Like a fight I remember having w/ my mother. She asked me why I bleached my hair. I told her I didn't. She insisted that I must because it was so much darker before, when I was in Straight. I explained that was because I had been out in the sun on a fairly regular basis. She refused to believe (even though she was there at the time!) that we never went outside when we were in Straight.

Why such a little thing as that can hurt so much is just really difficult to explain to anybody.

I think the human race encountered Peak Intelligence decades or centuries ago. The human race has been degrading into imbeciles ever since.
http://www.erichufschmid.net/Conspiracies_Underdogs_Main.html' target='_new'>Eric Hufschmid

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Raps, Propheets, Bans, Work Assignments, Saturday Clean-up, Thoreay's Cabin, The Quest trail, Denali, Emerson, the Ishi etc.... where do I start? Who will understand????

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »
Write it and find out.

You know, too many weirdos out there. At least with you people I know WHY you are weird!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Straight_Inc_Alumni/' target='_new'>Kady

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
On 2005-05-28 20:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Raps, Propheets, Bans, Work Assignments, Saturday Clean-up, Thoreay's Cabin, The Quest trail, Denali, Emerson, the Ishi etc.... where do I start? Who will understand????"

I WILL.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange