Author Topic: Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85  (Read 17063 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Names of people I remember, Straight VA '85
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
In that case I apologize if I offended anyone and will not mention names anymore!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
okay, that's cool. people have different reasons for not wanting their names up here.

i think about the brainwashing thing a lot, though. that confidentiality thing did stick with me for a long time. i also went to AA & NA for about five years after i got out of Straight. i got plenty of that whole "blame" thing. i don't know why it is so big in there. who started that, and why? is it a big part of the "Big Book" or something?

my emotions were messed up enough as it was from Straight, people telling me to "quit pushing out your tears" and also the whole "you need to take a look at that" or whatever. stuff like that can get in your mind and then it becomes your own thoughts. it messed me up and caused a lot of anxiety for a long time.

i noticed there was a whole morality kind of thing in AA & NA surrounding emotions and what was acceptable and what was not and how you were supposed to look at everything.

i don't know how to explain it maybe. i feel, i remember, i think my own thoughts and come to my own conclusions about things.

i like living alone a whole lot. there is no one else to have an opinion about anything i do or think or feel all day long.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
The balme thing is tricky, I feel that Straight did more harm to me than good, and many others feel the same way.  The thing is I am the one who has got to do something about the way I feel.

For me blaming Straight for all my problems, or even some of them is going to do nothing for my well-being.  Many people in life have faced far more devastating obstacles than Straight.

I found that facing these obstacles, rather blaming, or seeking revenge is much more healthier for me.

In fact, I'll dare to say that some of the things Straight taught us I do agree with, such as, honesty and dealing with feelings.

However, Straight's fucked-up approach with the physical treatment of HUMAN BEINGS was way off mark.

Also, about the AA thing, it is not for everyone. Everyone who entered Straight is not an Addict or Alcoholic.  I am.  I wish I could drink and smoke weed, but when I do i go Fuckin' Nutz!

AA has saved my life, but for someone who does not need it, well hey, then they don't need it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2005, 03:09:00 AM »
You don't think it's okay to blame straight for things they were directly responsible for? Insane! So who should we blame for the bad things that happened? Why should I try to forget what they did to me? Should you tell a rape victim to forgive to? BTW much worse things have happened to me besides straight and I will never forget to BLAME the people that harmed me as a child and young adult. I may have "moved on" from the stuff and don't cry about it, but it will always be a part of who I am. Why should I or anyone else for that matter pretened that this stuff didn't happen or no longer has lasting effects? Should you tell Vietnam Vets w/ PTSD to get over it and stop blaming the govt. as well? This is the problem w/ our society everyone just wants to sweep all the bad shit under the rug and pretend it never happened. If I want to talk about the bullshit I exp. in straight until I'm 100 years old it's my right. It's a part of who I am and I'm never going to shut up about it just because someone thinks their living their life so much better because they can push it all down.

Signed someone who really doesn't like to post my name these days.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
The problem with this country is people who want to BITCH about all the injustices done to them.  They can never let go or move on.  I did say that place was screwed up and did more harm then good.  However, what are you doing about all these resentments that you hold, it sounds like they are in control of you life.  As far as, women who have been raped, many did eventually forgive their attacker, for their own peace of mind and so they can move on with their lives.

YES we do have the right to talk about what happened to us til we are 150, but this revengeful attitude many have will wind up hurting them more in the end.  It always does!

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
On 2005-05-01 10:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The problem with this country is people who want to BITCH about all the injustices done to them.  They can never let go or move on.  I did say that place was screwed up and did more harm then good.  However, what are you doing about all these resentments that you hold, it sounds like they are in control of you life.  As far as, women who have been raped, many did eventually forgive their attacker, for their own peace of mind and so they can move on with their lives.

YES we do have the right to talk about what happened to us til we are 150, but this revengeful attitude many have will wind up hurting them more in the end.  It always does!"

yeah, THAT'S the problem with this country. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »
my friend, i was best friends with Carla Herring and knew her brother Fred, too.  I knew they went to Straight but never saw them again after. i am hoping that you have some infomation that could lead me to Carla?? she can email me at [email protected]  I was Sonya Sullivan back then (in the 80s) and my family took Carla in - remember North Carolina?? pls write back!
thx,
sonyadee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
Carla was freakin hot as hell, thats like the only girl I remember

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »
On 2006-03-26 19:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"my friend, i was best friends with Carla Herring and knew her brother Fred, too.  I knew they went to Straight but never saw them again after. i am hoping that you have some infomation that could lead me to Carla?? she can email me at [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
WEERNT U MY OLDCOMER???
KIP M

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
YO,MAN,  SO ANY LUCK LOCATING ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.    WALLY GREVES FOUND ME ON-LINE THE OTHER DAY.  WHAT A TRIP.    SSDD HERE.  DRINKIN LIKE A FISH AND PLAYING FIREFIGHT WHEN POSSIBLE. TAKE CARE!!!
KIP MASON
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
On 2006-03-30 07:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"YO,MAN,  SO ANY LUCK LOCATING ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.   FOUND ME ON-LINE THE OTHER DAY.  WHAT A TRIP.    SSDD HERE.  DRINKIN LIKE A FISH AND PLAYING FIREFIGHT WHEN POSSIBLE. TAKE CARE!!!

KIP MASON

[email protected]"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »
you cannot edit your post if the initial post was created anonymously.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
Does anyone know the whereabouts of John McCr**. He was a host brother of Kyle Landr*.???I think he was from Pennsylvania.