Author Topic: Why did Max edit out all his quotes?  (Read 7105 times)

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
Why did Max edit out all his quotes?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
my dreadlocked russian jew girl appearance might be hard to get over too.. i've been trying to werk on my temper because it's not very pleasant.

about iq... well, it doesn't tell you very much aside from how well you've been trained, i think.  i think we all have much more potential (there are many types of brilliance; the most valuable, to me, is not at all tested on an iq test: spiritual attunation (i don't think this is a "real" werd, but it is now) insight, and intuition.) than what the IQ test allows us to believe.  they want us with higher iqs to believe that we're smarter than those with lower iqs, who've not been trained in the same way.  that's not to say that they are not actually as smart or smarter, they're just not as sharp when it comes to thinking in this standard programmed american way.  it's like a language that they're testing fluency in... but there are certainly other equally valuable languages.
i think we're all equally smart inherently, but our programming... well, that's a different story.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aura solomon

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
Yeah, I'll edit out the IQ comment.  You're right IQ
is a bunch of bull.

I'm a bit heavily tatooed and long haired.  We'd probably freak out some parents! j/k

Spiritual Attunation-  I was recently reading about that.  It is a real word.  It was one of the last arguments given to Socrates the day of his execution.  He argued, and I agree, that the soul is
not an attunation, but that it existed before our bodies existed, and exists eternally after our bodies die.

Read Plato's "The last days of Socrates" if you're interested.  Its one of my top 3 favorite books (currently).[ This Message was edited by: Bryan Felsher on 2004-07-02 11:59 ]

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »
oy. plato, socrates; philosophy books... that reminds me of my freshman year of college; i was a philosophical freak.

strange to hear that socrates talked about a werd that i thought i had made up.  it's not that i think that our souls are attunation, it's just one of the three elements for our temporal characters to attune to(spirit first, then the body and the mind/cognitive processes.  our bodies need be attuned with our spirits; the more attuned to your soul you are, the more divine  your mundane presence is.... just trying to clarify my standpoint.)

well, i used to have plenty of metal through my flesh... i don't really wear any of it anymore, so, fortunately, it might make it a bit easier for those cedu parents to look past my un-conventional appearance.
aura solomon

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
definition of attune: to bring into harmony.

The body is not eternal.  It is not unchanging.  It is completely different at each moment.  (cell theory is the most obvious reason)

The Mind/Cognitive proccess has the same characteristics.

Can we agree that the soul, however, is eternal and exists completely independent of the body?

The Soul, therefore, cannot be attuned to.  If it can be attuned to, then it is an attunement.  And the soul cannot be an attunement because that which is eternal cannot be brought into harmony with that which is non-eternal.  In other words, the soul is an Absolute.  The Body is not.  The body and mind/cognitive process is ever changing.  The Soul can never admit to the body without ceasing to be a soul.  If it were an attunement, then what happens to the Soul after the body is destroyed, and where did the soul come from?

I would say it is important to keep the body in good health so that the lies our senses tell our minds can be kept to a minumum.

You mentioned 3 elements.  I'm not sure but there may be only two elements of our temporal characters.  Is our mind of the body or of the soul?  Hmmm.....

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »
i know what attunement is
you can try to mute the communication between your soul and your body, which is where attunation comes into play.  your body is your soul's puppet.  your mind is a sort of messenger.  you can try to pretend that your puppetmaster is not the true source of the messages relayed, but i really don't believe that it's true.  attunation, to me, is recognizing the soul as the source, and listening to the communication between the three elements (i.e. paying attention to random intuitive bodily sensations and using your mind to translate their meaning rather than disregard or block them out.)
mind/cognitive processes... well, the cognitive processes are a product of the mind, but i werded it like that because it's not only the mind itself that needs to be attuned, it's the mind and its product.  i guess that if the mind were attuned, then it's offspring would be as well, however, i just felt that i needed to state them as two separate concepts joined together to create one essential temporal element.

bascially, i didn't werd that last post very articulately... here's what i meant to say: the more attention one pays to the subtle communication between their soul and body, the stronger that connection will become, and the more divine that person's temporal existance will be.  that's what i think about attunation.  you know what i mean?

RIP[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-07-04 16:07 ]
aura solomon

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

I would say it is important to keep the body in good health so that the lies our senses tell our minds can be kept to a minumum.

i agree, that is why i had to pick at your  suggestion for the kids to have a smoke.
 :wink:
aura solomon

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »
If you were tuning a violin, the tuning is the attunement.  What happens to the attunement when the violin is smashed?

If the body is the soul's puppet and the mind is a messenger, is the mind the attunement between the body and soul?

I think we agree that if there are 3 elements of our temporal being and if an attunement exists, then either it is
1) the Body between the Mind and the Soul,
2) the Soul between the Mind and the Body, or
3) the Mind between the Body and the Soul.

However, if the attunement exists, then what happens to the attunement after the Body is destroyed?

Keeping in mind that attunement in this case is used as a quality of the Absolute Idea of Attunement.

I guess where I disagree that the mind is the attunement between the body and the soul, is that I believe that there are only two main elements of our temporal being.- Body and Soul.
I believe the Mind is of the Body and I also believe Science is well on the way to proving this.  

I believe the Mind is of the Body, because if I took 1 dose of LSD, or if I had Alzheimer's Disease I am sure my Mind would be effected, whereas I don't neccessarily know that it would effect my soul.  I believe that properly, the mind is of the body and that both should be used and distrusted as such on the long road of trying to Understand our Souls. I believe that by its nature, our souls are eternal (and unchangeable).

So if the mind is a product of the body, it is not an independantly acting entity able to become an attunement.

It is influenced by both the body and the soul, however, its birth and death are only dependent on the body.

If it is not a product of the body, then it must be of the soul, being a product of supernatural forces.

However I go back to the Greek argument against the violin example to dismiss the idea of the eternal mind.

There is a school of thought that believes the Body and the Soul are products of the Mind.
I just disagree with that nihilistic attitude.
It assumes that we are important.  If John's mind were destroyed, I could see that he still has a Body even if he were unable to comprehend it.  I believe that there is an Ultimate Absolute Reality that is unaffected by Mind's opinion of it.

So I'm trying to understand my Soul.  I try to use my mind and my body.  I don't believe that I can influence or change my Soul's eternal characteristics so I don't believe I have the power to harm it by smoking anything or tatooing or piercing or whatever.  I only question whether or not any bodily affect, effects my mind's ability for understanding.  The same goes for other issues in my life, some increase understanding- some decrease.

So what is the nature of the Soul?  It is the cause of the difference in reality between living  and  existing, life and death.  Is it invisible?  No.  Haven't you ever seen it in someone's eyes?[ This Message was edited by: Bryan Felsher on 2004-07-04 20:00 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »
this is an interesting discussion... i think it would make more sense to have it via (virtually) non-delayed dialogue... most of my responses on here are rushed and whatnot.  

do you have aim or something?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »
oops...
didn't mean to post anon
-LAURA

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »
ok... the mind IS of the body, but the mental process (which is a product of the mind, and consequently, of the body) serves as a sort of decoder (the language used to make sense of it) for these spiritual/physical communications.  like i was saying before, the spirit is the essential element, and the others are attuned to this essence.

about the smoking thing: it's not that the harm you do unto your body can damage your soul... your soul's existence is much more fundamental than your body's, as you've previously expressed.  what i was saying is that a kid running away from cedu might be having bodily reactions to the cigarettes and end up ignoring some crucial intuitive sensations because they're trying to tune out the negative sensations that come along with smoking. (what if they felt like they couldn't run anymore because their lungs were too beat?  i mean, surely, they could run further, and their soul would prolly be telling them to do so, but their bodies might not allow them to believe it enough to push past it because of the physical abuse.)  doing harm unto your body puts a barrier between the body and soul.. from heroin addiction on down to poor eating habits.  i've recently revolutionized my diet and realized that i have much more spiritual potential when i'm in optimal condition.  
anyway, maybe that's just me, but rememebr, i'm a self-righteous fuck.
RIP[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-07-04 21:19 ]
aura solomon