Author Topic: Marnie, Jennie & Kenny Sykes  (Read 11983 times)

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
Marnie, Jennie & Kenny Sykes
« on: July 22, 2002, 06:49:00 PM »
remember them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 06:19:00 PM »
Once I started thinking about Marlene, it only took about an hour before Jenny emerged from the fog.  If Kenny was the guy who was joined at the hip with Greg Wishart and Doug Hemmenger as 5th phasers on the guys side, then yeah, otherwise I never met him.

Jenny had mousy brown hair, about shoulder length and looked sorta like a cross between Chris Everette (tennis pro) and Cher.  Marlene was pretty easy on the eyes too, but I still cannot forgive the torture they put us through sitting on stools up front of group on those sweltering afternoons in Milton Roy with absolutely HUGE glasses of iced tea leading a rap, with us guys paying rapt attention to their every move.  Watching as you raise the glass to your lips and take a sip.  It was'nt you we were drooling over on the guys side, it was the tea!!!!!!!!  Glad to hear from a familiar face.   P.S.  Jenny also gave me the best haircut ever out of all the "manglers" they had in there. Remember That???

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2002-07-23 16:18 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
Well You may remeber me ....but I am having a hard time remembering you - Bob is it? - I am sorry for the "tetly torture" - Staff memebers sucked back then.... we got away with murder!  My brother Kenny was not in the program at all when you were there - Long gone..... so no he did not hang with thos fifth phasers - Tell me more

Marlene (Marnie)

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 11:22:00 AM »
Marnie, did you ever wind up in Atlanta?

CL

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 11:29:00 AM »
Yes.....I was not staff in Atlanta ....but my mother Dorothy was working at Straignt in Atlanta for approx. I year - I do know that we moved up there and there was a staff member named Charles Pendergrass - I got a job in Marietta while my mother helped to establish Straight Atlanta - was it as bad as the others?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 12:01:00 PM »
I was in St pete80,81, then sent to Atlanta with Bobby Rugles, sarasota(??), for  pissing off MILLER THE GOD really badly.  I have never talked to any survivors before.  I guess I am not alone....
Bill

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »
Holy crow, Bill! I've always wondered what happened to Bobby. Man, did they beat him up in Sarasota. I don't remember him being there after that incident (but there's a lot I don't remember). Did they take him to Atlanta right from Sarasota? Something else? Was he ever alright after that? Please, do tell... Do I know you? Please feel free to contact me privately.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2002, 04:00:00 PM »
Marc Newton (son of satan)and some goon from sarasota program had a rental car.  I was pulled from group after a long and productive period of crawling  Millers skin and refusing to blindly give up my own free will.  They knew I hated cold, so to the new atlanta group we were shipped. They broke the news to me in front of group, Ruth ann newton vindictively saying I didnt deserve my family, so you get to go to atlanta.    Last ditch effort to break the spirits of us both.  If I recall, Kathy had been in St Pete for awhile.  Maybe I am wrong.  Bobby was in Atlanta but they kept us away from each other BIG TIME.  I split 3rd and 5th phase from atlanta, and got pulled 12/82.  I remember everything.  I just need time to jell my thoughts for now.  It's been a long time...
Bill

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2002, 04:04:00 PM »
I went out to dinner with another person who was in there the day before yesterday and we discussed this. I, being above average stupid in some things, was in there twice. The first time, in the early 80's things were everybit as bad as all the things I hear everyone talking about.

The second time was during te late 80's. There had been MANY changes. Steppers back in group weren't blasted constantly (thank God) and there was very little restraining. People were never taken out of group that I can remember. Heck, even the misbehavers were boring. I can think of no phaser carving in their arms. In fact, all my horror stories come from the early 80's.

The reason I asked if you were ever in Atlanta is I can remember Terry E. (tall, really skinny, model good looks, blonde hair) confronting a 7-stepper from St. Pete named Marnie in ATL on a refresher. Thought it might have been you. I was wrong though.

CL

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2002, 04:59:00 PM »
You're actually the first person I've seen on these boards who would have been in Atlanta when I was there in 1982. I doubt you'd remember me, because I wasn't there long, but I might remember you.  Did Bobby have dark straight hair?  I remember a fifth-phaser named Bobby who got confronted for some small-time misbehavior like kissing a girl, drinking water from the tap in the bathroom, and some other things. Was that the same guy?

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2002, 05:02:00 PM »
Marnie,

When were you in Atlanta?  I know you weren't in group, but I just realized that you said you were there for the beginning of the joy there. If your mother worked there, you might know something about the dynamics of the Buttimer-Oliver-Tilley group.

Regards,
Charlie

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2002, 05:46:00 PM »
I moved there with my mom (Dorothy) to open the facility - I was not a staff member - I had left staff by then....I was actually working in Marietta at a school for the disabled - I would go to Straight on occasion - but I was trying to put an end to my working association with Straight - I wish I had done that years earlier!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2002, 06:10:00 PM »
Yep, that was him

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »
Hey, I just set up a username.  Well, yeah, Bobby got busted that day.. I do remember.I stayed with the Chastains, Crows, and remember a larry Vaughn, a group of older guys in Gwinnet county(names fuzzy).Atlanta sucked but at least it was away from the source of the disease in St Pete.  Ms Byrds face as I took off through the kudzu by Dobbins AFB after splitting school on 3rd phase.  Catch me now you flat faced wrinkle-ball!!!!
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
I stayed with the Chastains, Crows, and remember a larry Vaughn, a group of older guys in Gwinnet county(names fuzzy).

Those names sound familiar to me.  Also the Gwinnet county people.  Did they live in a trailer?

Ms Byrds face as I took off through the kudzu by Dobbins AFB after splitting school on 3rd phase.  Catch me now you flat faced wrinkle-ball!!!!

Bill

:lol:
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN