Author Topic: Can you believe this Shit  (Read 952 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Can you believe this Shit
« on: June 17, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »
Enviro-weenies have gone off the deep end yet again. This time they are comparing SUVs to cigarettes, and calling for strict regulations on the gas-guzzling, kitten-crushing, baby-killing monsters, notes CNS News.

An environmental activist group, equating the health hazards of Hummer SUVs with those of cigarettes, is organizing what it calls a "National Protest Day Against Hummers." (Hummers are the civilian version of the military Humvee, or High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle.)

On Saturday, Nov. 15, protestors say they will "spend hours" demonstrating against Hummer dealerships in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Fort Lauderdale, New York, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, and ten other cities.

The activists are seeking a ban on all radio and TV advertising for the large vehicles, which they consider environmentally unfriendly.

It's bad enough that they are trying to guilt people into buying crummy little 60 horsepower econobox death traps, but now they want to ban SUVs and SUV advertising. The day that SUV advertising is banned, is the day I start advertising them on this site.

As for their demonstration, I can only presume that they will spend time picketing Hummer dealerships, which only makes me want to go out and test drive one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can you believe this Shit
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
enviro weenies :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »