Author Topic: Insurance Company of Straight Inc. from 1985-1989  (Read 1509 times)

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Insurance Company of Straight Inc. from 1985-1989
« on: June 16, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
Could someone please tell me the name(s) of the Insurance Company(ies) who held Straight Incorporated's policy between the years 1985 to 1989.  Please and thank you.  Greg, do you know ?  
Anyone ?  This would help tremendously.  I have been searching court records but and I found Karen Norton's case, and some others, but St. Paul didn't hold the policy in the late 80s.  They only held it in the early 80s.  
Any facts leading to those times would be good.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »
I have no idea about the insurance companies.  I sure would like to see the depos in Karen Norton's case.  I was in with her.  I went and looked at the docket and the names of witnesses that were called were all staff and clients when I was there.  I'm DYING to know the details of that case.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 02:43:00 AM »
so far we've got Wes's site and a couple of others that are more factual than any I've seen.

I wanted some information to do a sort of online museum or another more indepth historical on Straight and its decades of surnames and whatever else you take from the meaning of a history of Straight.  So far, I have four different insurance companies.  A couple of the companies booted Straight from policies because of child molestation.

Honestly though, I give up.  I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.  Actually, my experience at Straight wasn't so bad if you discount all the horrible things I've been getting counseling for lately I'm actually better now than I've been in a long time.  I'm not where I need to be, but I'm not dead is what I'm saying.  

I think for now I'll just let it go.  But anyways, thanks for everything everyone.  I appreciate everything everyone has done for me.  Peace.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »
You know, Animals, this is a complicated issue you have touched on here, and I am talking about the personal one and not the "who is the insurance company" one.

For some people, the deeper they get into digging around their time in teenage drug rehab cult hell, the worse things get for them in present day.

Why is this? Shit I don't know I am not a counselor. But I have witnessed it and I do have my theories.

I think caution is in order for all of us that continue to talk about our childhood. The chance we get mired down in negative thoughts exists as well as well as other less than positive results.

so what do we do? Again I haven't the answers. I think that we need to struggle to keep it there, in the past and not let it creep into the present so much.  As far as activism to shut down these current programs, well that is something else altogether. The trick is to seperate overemotional memories from the present.

Does this make any sense?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »
Cayo,

I have the docket sheet for Karen Norton & Mrs. Barnet, the very very long one, here.  I dont' see a subpoena for your testimony and your name is not mentioned here anywhere. Every copied sheet cost me a buck to copy so I'm already down over 430 bucks yet, and I haven't finished even.  But all of the subpoenas and testimonies occur early on.

I also got hold of Sembler's docket for civil suit in Pinellas.  Its messy too.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
Yeah, I went and looked at it too.  I was never called as a witness.  I just knew the people that were called.  Stayed in two of the homes for a while.  I didn't even know about the suit until about 4 or 5 years ago.  Wish I did.  I would have LOVED to have been there.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
--Albert Einstein

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
The details are pretty simple for Karen's case.  A couple of people have tried to contact Karen, the attorney, on the case.

The plaintiff, also Karen, won $720,000.  But you know it dragged itself out for a really long time as these things do every time.  It started or was first filed around 85 or 1986, and went on til about 1990 or 91.  The defendant's attorneys pulled out every legal trick they could to get the shiftedness going so they wouldn't have to pay the money.  Alot alot alot of motions for new trials and motions to dismiss, subdue, withhold evidence, you name it.  It dragged on and on.  But the truth prevailed.  

Finally, finally...karen the plaintiff  got the subpoena to testify and she blew up the court room with mad testimony from what it looks like.  Those several other staff who were there did too.  I have some of their testimonies here as it was all documented.  Very creepy things were brOught to light.  Motions to conform judgements, motions to strike motions for new trial, and finally the money is paid.  

I would love to have seen the relief and feeling of making things EVEN for once on that person's face when they got the check.  Man that must have been great.

I would like to speak, if ever, to those who did have to testify.  Not that I need it, but its one of those things that might satisfy my morbid curiousity for a few minutes.  For that matter it would be cool to speak with some of the other people who sued.  I spoke to one of them, but they weren't much help and as always I doubted that person's sincerity when the name was different on the phone account.  Just me, right?[ This Message was edited by: animals all of us on 2004-06-28 19:33 ]

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »
Do you have the actual depos or any transcripts of the testimony?  I saw the docket listing everything that was filed.  The staff listed there that were called, they testified for Karen?  

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
-- Emo Phillips

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
Yup.  If you have the docket sheets, which are more than ten pages, you can see the subpoenas especially the larger number of folk at the beginning, and more as it progresses.  Apparently a stenographer was hired for the whole deal.  

So, all those testimonies are valid in any case or for the sake of any upcoming online museums like wikipedia.org.

It would be really neat to gather a group of historians and see what happens when another open public timeline is made for something like wikipedia.org.  At wikipedia.org anyone can change documents that pertain to people like Reagan or Bush, and link it to anything else.  I think its like some online thesaurus or something.  Very extensive.  

Anywhom, I already asked GregFL if he would be willing to lead a group of fact gatherers for such an event.  Anything that entails such an undertaking would include cases on microfilm that may be donated, insurance names gathered, and a more precise history in one full report of all the goings on with Straight before and after and inbetween.  

It could be just like the report the historians created for the Rosewood Incident.  I spoke with a couple of the historians and their leader who wrote the full history and facts pertaining to Rosewood Incident and what transpired after, and read the report.  It took the historians a long while to gather information that was scattered or was word of mouth or from old newspaper clippings.  I remember one told me how they as historians were constantly disagreeing on facts and actually argue and decide on what was what and what went down.  Very informative stuff.

Now, I am no historian.  If you've seen my in'your'face website it looks like I'm preaching to the choir.  But, the thing of it is I don't really care if it hasn't gotten much press but here and some other places in Canada.

However, I have been told that I am very anal and retentive and the two of those at once sometimes as well, as far as details are concerned I don't rush or like to be rushed.  

What I'm saying is that if anything ever did go down with a full report on Straight, I would be asking for first or second in line to put aside bitter resentment about Straight and merely report the facts like we do.  

Its not the first time I've heard people tell me, too, that Straight really taught me (besides all the total garbage they put into me) beyond what they probably intended for me, to look deeper and really dig and take time doing that.  Up to the last several years I probably used that talent to no good of my own, but searching for facts about a chop shop and creating a history can only be healing me thinks.  

And, now that I'm done babbling so much - I noticed that you did time with Karen.  wow.  I mean, not wow, but to corroborate a story like that would be intrensically worth...well, I don't want to put a value on something like that because it has nothing to do with value but it would be worth something to see which words are the very same and the same stories and all of this.  I dunno, you know what I'm saying.